Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying R4 Cards in UK???

Thanks

Default Buying R4 Cards in UK???

I really wanna buy an R4 card, but I live in the UK so I wanna make sure that it is safe. If any one has bought one from the UK recently which is the best place to get them from, this is the only place I have found recently, but I don't know wether to trust it....
    http://www.r4shop.co.uk/

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

From what I recall Flash cards for DS are illegal in the UK so do it at your own risk .
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Yeah I had heard that too, but I know a few people that have them, but they got them a few years a go off amazon but they don't sell them anymore...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Clarke View Post
    Yeah I had heard that too, but I know a few people that have them, but they got them a few years a go off amazon but they don't sell them anymore...
    R4? They are horribly outdated now, arent they? Go with the AceKardi - They are only $12 a pop if you buy 'em in lots of five or so, and they TOWER over the R4s, at least according to 95% of the on-line reviews that I have read..
    (And years of personal usage..we cant say enough good things about 'em round here.)

I can PM you the names of several reputable flash card dealers, if you'd like - ?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I order all my flash kits online, you never guess what country I'm from

Anyway most my orders are from asian countries, though it takes a lil longer to arrive they are cheaper, I wouldn't touch an R4 card personly, original ones do not exist and most R4 labled carts are not anything close to an actual R4

Just go far an AceKard2i or maybe an M3-Real card

The last Acekard I got was for less than a tenner, I think it was about 7 squid including a 4Gig microSD

EDIT sorry it was 17 squid not 7 squid but that does include a 4GB MicroSD

The ###'s in the quote are my personal details, I'm not exactly going to share that in public am I

Thank you for your order from Digital Yeah. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account. If you have any questions about your order please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +86 755 83049962 Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm PST.
    Your Invoice #100000447 for Order #100001098
    Billing Information: Payment Method:
    ###########
    ###########
    ###########
    ########### Credit Card Payment Online

Shipping Information: Shipping Method:
    ###########
    ###########
    ###########
    ########### Air Mail(No Track Code) - Free Shipping

Item Sku Qty Subtotal
    Acekard 2i 3DS Card For Nintendo DS, DS Lite ,DSi ,DSi LL XL And 3DS

You need a micro SD card to play with it
    Kingston or Sandisk Micro SD 4G

1007 1 £17.06
    Subtotal £17.06
    Grand Total £17.06

Thank you again,
    Digital Yeah
    http://www.digitalyeah.com/ P.S. it did take apx 2 wks to arrive

The UK Pound Sterling option is on the top right, default it is on USD US Dollor so go ahead and change it

It's selling for about £13 at the moment without a MicroSD
    Kingston or Sandisk Micro SD 2G +£5.41
    Kingston or Sandisk Micro SD 4G +£6.10
    Kingston or Sandisk Micro SD 8G +£8.84
    Kingston or Sandisk Micro SD 16G +£15.69

I got a 32GB MicroSD by Samsung for about £15 though looking on amazon they seem to have gone up to more like £20 but these are class (10) so they are realy very good ones and the fastest on the market

P.S. what system are you wanting the flash kit for??? I ask because most flash kits are blocked on the latest firmware of the 3DS and DSi
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-October-2012 at 15:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I have a ds lite so virtually any of them will work on my console without a problem... And I was looking at R4 cards cos they were the cheapest and apparently if you put the wood kernel on them they will play virtually anything. But I don't really know much about ds flash cards so i might look up the acekard then and I've already got a 2gb card but I'll probably get a bigger one from amazon. And cool I might try digital yeah. And if you want to pm me some sites gradywilson, I would really appreciate it

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

AceKard2i is the best on the market but if you want to go cheap then there is no cheaper way than a R4 clone, as I said there are no official R4 carts any more they went out years ago, but R4wood was created after the fall of R4 so works on just about any flash kit (not all the R4 clones work with it so you are hit and miss there)

If you want GBA and DS compat then grab the M3 Real kit with GBA expantion, not a cheap kit but one of the best for GBA and DS compatibility

The M3 Real kit even lets you do any GBA to DS save data things like in Pokemon, honestly can't think of another example but other GBA saves do open extra's in the DS side software

There are others aswell that have extra features for emulation and such like the DS TWO that has extra memory to run higher spec emulation but to be honest it's not worth it
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-October-2012 at 16:13.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Yeah, I'll probably get and Acekard sometime during the week, and £12 isn't that much to be able to be able to put all my ds games on 1 card. I just wanted to make sure that the site I used was reliable and If you have had no problems with digital yeah. But I couldn't find the m3 real kit on there, does the acekard have GBA emulation?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope no GBA emulation the best way is to get propper GBA flash kit that will cost more than a DS flash kit atleast 3x the price, the cheaper and almost as good option is either a GBA 3 in 1 cart or the M3real option but digitalyeah don't supply any of those nowerdays

the 3in1 GBA cart option will work with any DS flash kit just about using a homebrew launcher from the DS flash kit that run GBA roms in true GBA mode on a DS or DSLite, just not as good as the M3Real can but not too far off

3in1 GBA is called that because
    1 Memory for the DS browser
    2 Rumble for DS software that has that feature
    3 GBA rom passthrough device (It can be used to play GBA roms from a DS cart)

the only DS flash kit that has GBA emulation is the DS TWO card and that doesn't have great compat though for DS or GBA for that mater, it's good but not that good if you get my meaning it will have issues with some GBA and DS software/games, too be honest the 3 in 1 cart option is better

http://www.digitalyeah.com/supercard...xl-ll-3ds.html
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-October-2012 at 18:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Nope no GBA emulation the best way is to get propper GBA flash kit that will cost more than a DS flash kit atleast 3x the price, the cheaper and almost as good option is either a GBA 3 in 1 cart or the M3real option but digitalyeah don't supply any of those nowerdays

the 3in1 GBA cart option will work with any DS flash kit just about using a homebrew launcher from the DS flash kit that run GBA roms in true GBA mode on a DS or DSLite, just not as good as the M3Real can but not too far off

3in1 GBA is called that because
    1 Memory for the DS browser
    2 Rumble for DS software that has that feature
    3 GBA rom passthrough device (It can be used to play GBA roms from a DS cart)

the only DS flash kit that has GBA emulation is the DS TWO card and that doesn't have great compat though for DS or GBA for that mater, it's good but not that good if you get my meaning it will have issues with some GBA and DS software/games, too be honest the 3 in 1 cart option is better

http://www.digitalyeah.com/supercard...xl-ll-3ds.html
    Always with the kick-ass info...great stuff, dude. I have heard great things about these 'M3Real' cards...still deciding if I want to go the Slot-2 option, though..

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have the DS-Real for my DSLite including the GBA expantion and the acekard2i for my 3DS both work as good as each other for what I play on em

Can't say I have tested every single game out though but yet to find a game that does not work, except for the DSi only ones

Only one flash kit can play DSi only mode games and DSi enhanced games in DSi mode, but the compat for that 1 kit is some what out of date for DS side software though.

DSi enhanced games will play in DS mode though with most flash kits
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-October-2012 at 20:22.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Thank you so much for the help I will probably go for the Acekard2i as it is the best value for money card, with best compatability so I should be able to play all the games I want to, and the GBA emulation doesn't really matter cos I can do that on my psp anyways

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeps the PSP has a very good GBA emulator

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Yeps the PSP has a very good GBA emulator
    I am steadily learning (big ups to Kouen and yourself!) that the PSP is pretty damned good at emulating just about ANYthing...

Currently learning about the video translation program that allows you to run standard films via the 1000....loving this shit, honestly..

OH - I know its been a year or more, but thanks again for the assist in changing my old 'user name' and all - ha!

Thanks

Also, one more question.... If I buy it without a Micro SD card, which i will most likely do, will I have to download and install the software for it myself, and if yes how would I go about doing this????