Thread: Help with picking the right emulator and with a game...

Thanks

Default Help with picking the right emulator and with a game...

I'm going to try to kill 2 birds with 1 stone with this post...

1st question: What kind of GameCube emulator should I use? I have one but it's really old; I've downloaded it like 1 or 2 years ago. When I play Super Smash Bros. Melee it lags a lot. So I'm just wondering if there's any good ones out there. I don't know what's the type of the emulator I am using but I'm guessing it's "Dolphin SVN R 4771".

--My computer:
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU 2.20GHz
    --Graphics Card:
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip Type: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Total Memory: 1695 MB
    --RAM: 4096MB RAM
    --Operating System: Windows 7
    It's a laptop that's not that good for gaming... =\

2nd question: I have finished downloading Viewtiful Joe from here and when I finished downloading the RaR file it has even more files in it. How do I play that in the emulator?

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by AMTN-Ghost; 3rd-October-2012 at 07:38.

I live the way I type; fast, with a lot of mistakes.

Thanks
    EP Points

First off Dolphin is still the best GC emulator out to date and there are newer revisions than the build you currently have.

Secondly even with a newer version of Dolphin trying to run the emulator with the system specs you posted it is highly unlikely you'll be able to run very many games and if you do get games to run close to none will be able to run at a playable speed.

And to answer your second question try extracting the contents of the second set of files.
    Last edited by Shelly Bean; 3rd-October-2012 at 14:54.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to _Gambit For This Useful Post:

RTT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Bean View Post
    First off Dolphin is still the best GC emulator out to date and there are newer revisions than the build you currently have.

Secondly even with a newer version of Dolphin trying to run the emulator with the system specs you posted it is highly unlikely you'll be able to run very many games and if you do get games to run close to none will be able to run at a playable speed.

And to answer your second question try extracting the contents of the second set of files.
    So is there any better versions of Dolphin that's better than the one I'm currently using? Or the one I have is ok?

And about the Viewtiful Joe game... each of those iso files are parts of the game? And I have to play 1 at a time?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by AMTN-Ghost View Post
    So is there any better versions of Dolphin that's better than the one I'm currently using? Or the one I have is ok?

And about the Viewtiful Joe game... each of those iso files are parts of the game? And I have to play 1 at a time?
    What's the file extensions? Chances are it's simply a split archive within the first rar/zip just choose to extract on the first one and it will automatically unzip all of them into your game.

Your system isn't too bad for dolphin, the integrated chipset is weak but give it a shot you may be able to get playable speeds depending on the game and your settings.

I can run Resident evil remake make with a core2duo 1.6ghz 1.5 gb of ram and a intel gma950 224mb ram at 20% speed with revision 7485 so I'm sure yours would run better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mr. Mistoffelees View Post
    What's the file extensions? Chances are it's simply a split archive within the first rar/zip just choose to extract on the first one and it will automatically unzip all of them into your game.

Your system isn't too bad for dolphin, the integrated chipset is weak but give it a shot you may be able to get playable speeds depending on the game and your settings.

I can run Resident evil remake make with a core2duo 1.6ghz 1.5 gb of ram and a intel gma950 224mb ram at 20% speed with revision 7485 so I'm sure yours would run better.
    Here's a snapshot of what it looks like in the inside:
    Name:  SnapShot.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  99.4 KB

Can you hold my hand and tell me how do I fix the settings on Dolphin so that the games runs good?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Here's a snapshot of what it looks like in the inside:
    Name:  SnapShot.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  99.4 KB

Can you hold my hand and tell me how do I fix the settings on Dolphin so that the games runs good?
    First extract the viewtiful joe.rar achieve and you will find all these files in one folder.
    Then extract s3-vj.rar. This will extract the content from all archives.
    Last edited by Mohit; 4th-October-2012 at 05:22.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mohit For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The default settings should run it fine, it's when you have problems (excessive lag, glitches, crashes, etc) that you need to change stuff around really.