Thread: Need help with creating an ISO file

Thanks

Default Need help with creating an ISO file

Hey,
    I've been a huge fan of Spyro the Dragon series for the Playstation 1 ever since I was a little child with the console. I had the game when I was little but I lost the disc. I tried to download iso's from the internet but they always miss a few gems or eggs and it prevents me from finishing the game well T_T.
    Two years ago I was bored or something and I copied the whole content of the disc to my computer, and still got it. How do I run the game? I understand I need to turn it somehow to an image file and later run it on my psx. My question is how to do that well?
    (I got the european version, after creating the iso I would love sharing it here too )
    Thanks a much, Tamir.
    Last edited by shonshrinks; 29th-September-2012 at 10:33.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You broke the game by extracting the contents of the CD PSX CD's are rather complex to build, you need to have the original TOC and use use special headers that are part of the disc and the files for xa and str files

I would recomend you get the game from us and make sure it is of the same region as the one you played as there may be slight differences

http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...rting-With-S/2

P.S. Your PSX it is modded in some way isn't it?

P.P.S. I also moved your thread to the correct section

exactly what game are we talking about because some of these have copy protection in them, most you can bypass though, some do let you play a small part of the game though.. so having gems ect missing would be normal unless you bypass the protection

as for how to play backups if your PSX is not modded there are only the swop tricks around for none modded PSX consoles, see the guides sticky thread of this section for more information

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you very much for the help. I'm talking about Spyro 3 (Year of the Dragon). Appreciated !

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Copy Protected that is why there are missing items ect in game

For Spyro 3 there is a patch though that you appy with ppf tools such as ppf-o-matic

I will dig those out for you

The Patch Spyro the Dragon 3 - Year of the Dragon [PAL M5+NTSC].zip ufortionaly this one does have a NTSC option before the game boots, stick to using PAL display though

You will need to rename the SLES file in that zip to have .ppf on the end of it

You can get ppf-o-matic from http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/356/

P.S. this game actually tells you, when you play a pirate version [burned copy] (if you don't patch it)

If you go onto the second level then come back to the first one after you have beaten Buzz, the fairy comes up and says...

I'm sorry, Spyro, but you seem to be playing a
    hacked version of this game. This may be an
    illegal copy. Since this copy has been modified,
    you may experience problems that would not
    occur on a legal copy.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-September-2012 at 15:31.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you so much for your time and effort
    Ever since me and my brother were kids we tried to beat the game 100% and never did, now we're finally going to do it thanks to you
    May god bless you!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No problem just let me know if you need any more support in this, I'm happy to help

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]