Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSX question

Thanks

Default [SOLVED]PSX question

I bought some blank CD's today and want to burn ps1 games but I am not sure as to what files I should include. I have FF8 and the game comes with img, cue and ccd files. Which ones do I burn to the CD and whats a good program to use if I am using Linux? I heard k3b is good. Since IMGBurn runs crappy through WINE.

EDIT: Do I burn as an image disc or data file/composition?
    Last edited by amboxer21; 27th-September-2012 at 22:36.

Thanks
    EP Points

You should burn the cue file, the img and ccd files will be used as well when you burn the cue file (unless there's something wrong with your cue file, you can open the cue file in notepad (or any other text editor) to see if the ccd and img files are properly named)

As for burning images under linux, I'm not entirely sure, but I think the programs that are listed under "GUI (cdrtools based)" here should work. Again, I'm not entirely sure, you might want to wait for someone who regularly uses linux to answer that.

As for your last question, again I'm not sure, but I think it would be image disc, as data discs are usually burned in a way to work on a computer...

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    You should burn the cue file, the img and ccd files will be used as well when you burn the cue file (unless there's something wrong with your cue file, you can open the cue file in notepad (or any other text editor) to see if the ccd and img files are properly named)

As for burning images under linux, I'm not entirely sure, but I think the programs that are listed under "GUI (cdrtools based)" here should work. Again, I'm not entirely sure, you might want to wait for someone who regularly uses linux to answer that.

As for your last question, again I'm not sure, but I think it would be image disc, as data discs are usually burned in a way to work on a computer...
    I went here and followed her directions to boot the game -> http://versatile1.wordpress.com/2009...-v9-and-above/

I used k3b to burn the game. For debian users; apt-get instal k3b

I burned the ccd, img, and cue files.

It is frozen at the playstation screen though. This is a pain. I have went through 3 discs already. <sighs>

Thanks
    EP Points

Sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to me once, had to go through several discs to make the game run properly. Have you opened the cue file in an text editor to see if your img and cmd files are properly named? sometimes bad cue sheets have exact paths instead of relative paths, which can cause problems. You can correct them easily. Cope and paste the all the file names here, also open the cue sheet in a text editor and copy and paste the contents here. You might also want to try imgburn through wine since I'm not sure if k3b can burn 1:1 ps1 backups, you have to wait for input from someone who uses linux as their main operating system.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

CUE file
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. CCD file:
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

Thanks

I bought 700mb discs. I am going to buy 800MB discs and burn all 4 files and see what happens. I have a feeling I need all four files(img, cue, ccd, sub) to run.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by amboxer21 View Post
    I bought 700mb discs. I am going to buy 800MB discs and burn all 4 files and see what happens. I have a feeling I need all four files(img, cue, ccd, sub) to run.
    No, it won't work like that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by amboxer21 View Post
    Out of the four files only .img is required to burn. The rest of them are for other purposes.

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.

Thanks
    EP Points

700mb discs are okay. I doubt Playstation will read 800MB ones. (In fact it's the first time I've heard of those)

Try burning ccd file, and if it didn't work burn the img file.

Yes you need all 4 files to run the game, I burn these files using Alcohol 120 and it works great, but on linux I'm not sure how you should burn them.

More info here.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

If i try burning them ll at once. I get an error message saying that there is not enough room on disc. One says I don't need all four. Another person says I do. That's confusing!

EDIT: That site you provided; Their main focus is ISO's.
    Last edited by amboxer21; 27th-September-2012 at 20:51.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

the reason it says disc 1 of 4 is because it's 4 seperate discs (Compact Discs aka CD's) not all at once on one CD

you also do not burn these onto a Data CD you burn these from a burn image file option and direct the burning software to a cue or ccd file (if you have an ecm file you need to unecm that file for it to work)

there are originally 4 CD's to the game to start with you will play the first CD only then once you have completed that CD you are promted for the next one

If you are emulating the game that I presume you are, unless you posted in the wrong section then you do not need to burn anything at all, the emulators can read the CD images directly or you can use a virtual CD-Rom drive like Daemon tools to read the disc images instead (one disc image at a time)

I know you can up to 99min CD-R's but these are a little pointless for PSX games (good for the odd Dreamcast game though)

700mb CD-R are just fine there are no PSX CD's that will not fit on a standard CD-R

If you use ImgBurn just hit "Write image file to disc" then next screen set the Write Speed to 1x and hit the small folder icon with the spy glass on it to pick the cue file or the ccd file (either will work) finally (making sure you have a blank CD-R inserted) hit the large icon on the lower left of ImgBurn
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-September-2012 at 21:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I burnt the image and ccd files to disc and used psxlauncher to swap and it freezes on the PS screen again. I'm getting so effing aggrevated!!!!!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What region is your PS2?

and you can't burn both the image and ccd files to a CD only one or the other
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-September-2012 at 21:11.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    the reason it says disc 1 of 4 is because it's 4 seperate discs (Compact Discs aka CD's) not all at once on one CD
    NO, each disc comes with 4 files man. A cue, ccd, img, and a sub file. I am aware that the game comes with 4 cd's lol I downloaded the game and it has folders that say disc one of 4.

you also do not burn these onto a Data CD you burn these from a burn image file option and direct the burning software to a cue or ccd file (if you have an ecm file you need to unecm that file for it to work)
    EDIT: Apparently, an img file can be burned as an image cd but an img file is not recognized as a valid img file. Only ISO. AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE? Maybe because it was previously an ECM??

there are originally 4 CD's to the game to start with you will play the first CD only then once you have completed that CD you are promted for the next one
    I have played other Final Fantasy games lol 7, 8, 10, X-2, 12, 13

If you are emulating the game that I presume you are, unless you posted in the wrong section then you do not need to burn anything at all, the emulators can read the CD images directly or you can use a virtual CD-Rom drive like Daemon tools to read the disc images instead (one disc image at a time)
    I have a PSx emu on my Android and I run the games in bin file format. As I said, I need to burn the game. the reason being is i have a psx emu on my ps2.

If you use ImgBurn just hit "Write image file to disc" then next screen set the Write Speed to 1x and hit the small folder icon with the spy glass on it to pick the cue file or the ccd file (either will work) finally (making sure you have a blank CD-R inserted) hit the large icon on the lower left of ImgBurn
    I am using Linux. I use brasero.

Region is NTSC-U
    Last edited by amboxer21; 27th-September-2012 at 21:20.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

9 is the worst but up to you realy

are you sure you got an img file or was it a img.ecm file?

P.S. you do realise this is FInal Fantasy 8 not 9

9 = IX 8 = VIII

Though if it is 8 you are after I take it back thats a good one

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]