Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Find it odd that those games detect as a PS2DVD they should detect as DVD Video

What guide did you use for Time Splitters

Converting CD to DVD does not always work one way there are several methods that can be used

Time given I will test those two myself though

ESR has 2 main versions the normal version that has 2 or 3 elf files that operate slightly different and boot a game directly and a version that opens a menu before booting a DVD with a few boot options

ESR beta r9b & ESR GUI that is based on ESR beta r9b

More info found at http://psx-scene.com/forums/f164/esr-public-beta-58441/

As far as I know ESR has not been worked on in some time

My tests will have to wait a while I only have one DVD burner and that is on my laptop that I am currently trying to fix, My PC that I use most the time does not have a DVD drive, just the internal HDD and a bunch of USB HDD's
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-September-2015 at 04:07.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I followed this guide for the TimeSplitters conversion: How To Convert A Playstation 2 CD Based Game To DVD For Use With ESR

I've been using the ESR GUI (beta r9b) to launch everything. It shows the menu with several options and tells me the media type detected. It always says PS2DVD for all my burned games though.

I've noticed now that half my burns seem to not work even if they are listed as working on the list. It's pretty hit or miss on everything. Maybe I should try burning at 6x...

All of them work after burning in 6x instead of 8x except for TimeSplitters. So:

The Warriors - NTSC|U - DVD-R (MCC 03RG20) - WORKS

Also:

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 - NTSC|U - DVD-R (MCC 03RG20) - WORKS
    (It says very slow boot time on the list, but it booted up right away for me.)
    Last edited by deadlegion; 3rd-September-2015 at 03:59. Reason: merged posts

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

I will remove the speed of boot comment

it was possibly the media used or burn speed as a general rule though burning at the slowest possible speed gets the best results and that is different for different burners for me that is 2.4x burning speed others may be higher or lower than that for CD's it certainly is my slowest for CD's is 10x

the slowest speed is often the optimal speed for the burner for quality where as higher speeds tend to lower the quality of the burn, though that should not effect the burner itself from reading the disc it will effect other devices especially consoles

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Re-Opened

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: