Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Never mind was going to recomend you use something called PSXLoader that is not an emulator it uses the PS2's internal PSX emulator and works alot beter than PS2PSXE for backup games

I strongly recomend you just buy a second hand PS2 lol, places like Cash Converters (Hate em realy, but good for old hardware [might be a UK shop only]) anyway in places like that you can always test the hardware in the shop before you buy it, those places also sell controllers aswell, again asking if you can test it there is very recomended

Remember for PS2 games you realy do need a PS2 controller (AKA DUAL SHOCK 2) not that they feel or work any differently but sony made sure you can't use the original Dual Shock pads with some PS2 games.

LMAO at Leon dancing though, not at your pad though

PS2 hardware is rather cheap to buy now, specially as you can't get em brand new and not retro enough yet for them to cost silly prices like Atari systems prolly do now

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The controller still acted up on ps system after using PS2PSXE. I was going to plat Akuji the heartless I even got this problem with my wireless dream gear controller.
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Then it is indeed the console not the controller otherwise the wireless contoller would work perfectly

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ithink you might be right, once in a while my dualshock two acts up but after I press a few buttons it stops when I used daulshock 1 on pc I still had the problem. And on a side note Why does psxloader not run on consoles lower than 70,000?
    Last edited by soratron; 25th-September-2012 at 10:35.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No idea I'm no programmer lol

at a guess the PSX emulation on the PS2 was updated on later models so whatever exploit was used in PSXloader is simply not there in older versions of the PSX emulation on the PS2

The only example I can think of is for Silent Hill that i played on my old bulky PS2 and on my newer Slim model

on my Bulky one it had while blocks round trees ect..

on my Slim it was/is perfect

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I tried the codes again NADDA, I also tried the alcohol trick no more problem thanks and on that bit about the lid sensors being tricked I've done that on sister's slim she wont let me touch it now thinks I'll kill it. An ntsc-u psx can it read a translated ntsc-j game?
    ps I tried them on psxfin, my laser's ribbon cable got chewed up by my sister's chihuaha while I was adding a modchip is psxfin why they're not working cause i tried digimon world 3 a okay just not working for persona 2.
    Last edited by soratron; 26th-September-2012 at 09:07.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A none modded PSX can only read discs from the same region but as you are talking about a burned game then that should not be an issue, if the PSX system has a mod chip and it wasn't wired correctly (the first few PSone mod chips ended up like that) you can patch the boot code to be NTSC-U

see the files and links sticky thread for patching boot code for PSX games

I have never used PSXfin only ever used ePSXe, though a more complex emulator to use you can run anything just about in it with tweeking

I may well just test the codes in ePSXe using a GameShark CD, it will give the same results as using a real PSX hardware anyway.

The only other issue I can think of is just because you are using a PSX emulator on the PS2 that may be causing the codes not working problem

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

psxfin is a pc emulator persona 2 eternal punishment doesn't work on ps2psxe the first letter keeps repeating and freezes at the colest fat editor's office and I've tried the codes on three different discs, codebreaker v2.2, gameshark v4, gameshark v5 and still no 99 items and no level up after each battle.

the psp cwcheat works but moloasis in winter is faster why does it slow done on the psp? And how do I patch it to boot in ntsc-u?
    Last edited by soratron; 26th-September-2012 at 21:12.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

psxfin is a Playstation emulator for the PC (This I know )

ps2psxe is a Playstation emulator for the PS2 (This I also know ) I would guess cheat CD's just don't do the trick then, it has nothing to do with the Cheat CD's or the codes but more to do with the emulator

If you realy wanted you would just copy the save to PC and use the codes with ePSXe or PSXfin if you realy wanted to save than pop the memcard save back on the PS2

No idea why it should slow down on the PSP or is that just when you use codes... no idea still though

As for patching the boot code to another region (why you just didn't grab the NTSC version in the first place though is beyond me ), just look in the files and links sticky thread in this section the patcher is there

P.S. If your copy is the PAL version then no wonder the codes do nothing, they are for the NTSC version only for PAL codes Action Replay Codes or Xploder Codes

EDIT i can't find any PAL codes for Persona 2
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-September-2012 at 21:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Its slow with and without cwcheat and I told you the memory card that had my data I was at the undersea ruins got fried I'm starting from the very beginning again.>[ The codes was so that they were as strong as I had them up to that point.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

what I am saying is create a save after activating the codes on an emulator on ya PC then use the memcard from the emulator with the emulator for the PS2

P.S. Persona 2 was never released in PAL regions

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

On that pal note how do I patch that game to boot usa not ntsc-j, and are you telling about using ulaunchelf to move the save to a memory card from pc that I already do if you for the ps2sxe memory card I said before that in the game the first letter at the start of the dialog repeats old woman; oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo and freezes at the editor's office.

It also freezes at major battles on the psp mine is 3001 cfw 6.61 and I have to take the battery out to reset it.
    Last edited by soratron; 26th-September-2012 at 21:50.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

As for the PSP load ya game and hold R while it is loading to bring up the pops version changer and try another version of pops

pops version 4.01 seems to be recomended

the same way as I have told you over and over, just grab the patcher from the files and links sticky thread in this section

the prog is called patch-it and comes with a read me though it should be obvious how to use it (the read me is so old it tells you to use CDRWin that is realy not needed ImgBurn does the trick every time)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-September-2012 at 21:56.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I found out the code problem it was the all useable items code that was giving me the problem without out it they worked thanks for the help

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

thats why I gave you an alt one some cheat systems don't like 30 codes used after a repeater code, with those you need use the 80 code example I gave you in post #10

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]