Thread: I need to reset the "select" and "cancel" configuration keys in MAME 144 so I can get into .......

Thanks
    EP Points

Default I need to reset the "select" and "cancel" configuration keys in MAME 144 so I can get into .......

I need to reset the "select" and "cancel" configuration keys in MAME 144 so I can "select" and get into the configuration option at the bottom of the user interface in MAME.144. Here's my problem. I was using a frisbee PS2 controller knockoff gamepad for MAME.144. I set the "select" and "cancel" commands which are ENTER and ESC to buttons on my game pad. It made it easier to navigate the user interface and configure multiple controllers from just the gamepad without haveing to use the keyboard. The ENTER and ESC keys on the keyboard quit operating these commands when I made the changes in user interface configuration in MAME.144. No problem or so I thought. The frisbee gamepad broke needless to say so I sprung for the xbox controllers but when I started MAME.144 all that worked in the user interface was the joystick and directional pad but the keys I was using for "select" and "cancel" wont work! So I cant "select" and get into configuration on the user interface to change the button configuration to the xbox controller LOL! So now I'm dead in the water. Does anyone know where in the CTLR file or any other keyboard config file that I might be able to reset just those 2 commands so I can make the changes I need to? Thank so much for any help. I feel like an idiot. Thanks for all the help everyone gives on here, this community is great!

Thanks
    EP Points

Delete default.cfg and it will reset all your keyboard controls to default.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to _Gambit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Awsome! Thank you so much! I would've never figured that out without your help! my children thank you too!