Thread: Jdownloader?

Thanks

Default Jdownloader?

I was just wondering if Its possible to use Jdownloader with the sites links? and if so How?

Reason I am asking is I need to limit my download speed and quite frankly most of the browsers lack that function. There are 4 people on my network and we use it alot for online gaming like COMW3, BF3 and Halo. So me letting the files download unlimited is not really an option don't want to kill my network with one large semi-large file for an hour.

Alternatively does anyone know of a browser that allows me to Limit my download speeds this way I dont have to worry about Jdownloader or any other download programs.

Generally when I try with Jdownloader even though I have it set to capture downloads and start them immediately the site still ignores the connection.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

EDIT::
    I have searched and I know Firefox used to have a Download Throttle plugin/extension. That extension is however outdated by about 12 version updates.

Opera has recieved suggestions for this feature and the plugin for IE is just as old as the one for Firefox. I have not checked on Chrome yet but I highly doubt it is possible in it either.
    Last edited by James H Drury; 19th-September-2012 at 00:53.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by James H Drury View Post
    I was just wondering if Its possible to use Jdownloader with the sites links? and if so How?

Alternatively does anyone know of a browser that allows me to Limit my download speeds this way I dont have to worry about Jdownloader or any other download programs.

Generally when I try with Jdownloader even though I have it set to capture downloads and start them immediately the site still ignores the connection.
    Yes you can use Jdownloader for all links. And Jdownloader can also limit your download rate.

First make sure Jdownloader is updated. Go to Start/All Programs/Update Jdownloader. Also make sure to allow Java access through your firewall for both private and public networks.

For me to start the downloads if the link is not already a .dlc file that can be clicked on, opened with Jdownloader, and added automatically and is instead let's say a mediafire link I just highlight the link and then right click and hit copy.
    Jdownloader will add the file to the Linkgrabber tab.
    Select the file and click the Play button.

To limit the speed of your download: After you start your download select the file that's downloading and in the bottom left corner of Jdownloader where it says "Speed" you can type in the number of kb/s you want the download rate to be.
    Last edited by Shelly Bean; 19th-September-2012 at 02:30.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to _Gambit For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A_User View Post
    Yes you can use Jdownloader for all links. And Jdownloader can also limit your download rate.

First make sure Jdownloader is updated. Go to Start/All Programs/Update Jdownloader. Also make sure to allow Java access through your firewall for both private and public networks.

For me to start the downloads if the link is not already a .dlc file that can be clicked on, opened with Jdownloader, and added automatically and is instead let's say a mediafire link I just highlight the link and then right click and hit copy.
    Jdownloader will add the file to the Linkgrabber tab.
    Select the file and click the Play button.

To limit the speed of your download: After you start your download select the file that's downloading and in the bottom left corner of Jdownloader where it says "Speed" you can type in the number of kb/s you want the download rate to be.
    Ok. I can get the mediafire links to work. but not the ones hosted directly. for example
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...8USA%29/150917

With this file everytime I try with Jdownloader it fails to start. and this is when I go to the page directly and send it to Jdownloader from the download page.

I will give it another attempt not really a big deal I just dont want to have to go down to storage and pull out my PS2 and the game.

Its ok I finally got Flashget 3.3 to start working properly.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully I can get Jdownloader to work with Emuparadise in the future as I really prefer it to Flashget.
    Last edited by James H Drury; 19th-September-2012 at 04:09.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Ok. I can get the mediafire links to work. but not the ones hosted directly. for example
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...8USA%29/150917

With this file everytime I try with Jdownloader it fails to start. and this is when I go to the page directly and send it to Jdownloader from the download page.

I will give it another attempt not really a big deal I just dont want to have to go down to storage and pull out my PS2 and the game.

Its ok I finally got Flashget 3.3 to start working properly.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully I can get Jdownloader to work with Emuparadise in the future as I really prefer it to Flashget.
    Click on the direct download link on that page link you posted, then you'll get another page where you enter a captcha.
    Do that and then you'll get a real direct download link you can use with JD (right click > copy link location).
    If you've got clipboard monitoring ticked in JD the linkgrabber will load and check the link straight away.

Edit: Tested and works. Had my connections set on 2 and speed set on 30KB/s, got 2 connections fine and tested resume (it works fine).
    Last edited by deadlegion; 19th-September-2012 at 04:52.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys. Oh and for the record, incase anyone else is reading and having problems knowing they are doing it right. Check your system for Virus' and Malware. I had SubSeven Infecting my system. Got rid of SubSeven performed the same steps I had been performing to try and download this game through Jdownloader and this time it worked. Just one question for deadlegion...

Where did you run into a Captcha??? I only see the captcha's when i go for external links and I dont think the game I listed has any externals.

Anyways thanks again for taking the time to help me out. And I am sure this info will help someone else out as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Just one question for deadlegion...

Where did you run into a Captcha??? I only see the captcha's when i go for external links and I dont think the game I listed has any externals.
    Exactly where I said it was.

I clicked on the link you posted.
    Then clicked on the direct download link on that page.
    Then you get a captcha prompt to verify yourself.

It says you only have to do it once, so if you were in a single browser session I guess it wouldn't come up all the time.
    After clearing my cookies I saw it again.

You only have to enter this code once to verify yourself. We do this to ensure that you get the fastest download speeds!
    Anyway, after entering the captcha you get the real direct download link.