Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't get dropped items in Breath of Fire II

Thanks

Default Can't get dropped items in Breath of Fire II

I play Breath of Fire II using an EZ Flash III cart, and for many years an issue has troubled me: whenever I win a fight and the enemy drops an item, that item never goes to my inventory. I have tried several different ROMs, but the problem is always there and I can't find anybody else with the same issue.

Since I play on an EZ Flash III cart, I was wondering if it could be a problem with the cart itself (e.g. compatibility issues or whatever). Is there any reported bug about that (BOF II played on EZFlash III)? Does anybody know of a specific ROM that'll not have that bug?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Could be the flash kit never heard or had this issue myself

http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/bubbz...&section=patch has most the olde GBA patches BOF2 is not there

there may yet be a BOF2 patch around just for your kit though but if there is I can't find it

Have you got the latest verified roms, verfied with some sort of dat for Clrmame/RomCenter or something like OfflineList

As you may or may not know alot of games have several dumps (not talking region here) usually dumped again and again until they get a perfect dump

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I have been playing the ROM available here at EP (GBAMerge 3.14), the one with the [!] indicating that it's a good dump.

I have asked at EZ Flash USA Forums, and the moderator hadn't heard of that issue either. I guess I'll look for some patches somewhere.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

what is the crc for the E and U version? I will check it against what I have.

P.S. are you trimming the rom or anything??? if so don't

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Is there any reason you can't play the Snes version instead? Can't imagine the same bug would be present in both versions of the game.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Is there any reason you can't play the Snes version instead? Can't imagine the same bug would be present in both versions of the game.

How is SNES emulation on the GBA? Last I checked (some years ago) it sucked pretty bad imo.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by A_User View Post
    How is SNES emulation on the GBA? Last I checked (some years ago) it sucked pretty bad imo.
    Nothings changed lol most development moved to NDS and snes sucks on that aswell, as in unplayable and horrible display methods (snes display is higher res to that of the GBA and NDS)

as for emulation

NES GB to GBC GameGear & Mastersystem are the good ones

Megadrive and PC Engine are not too bad, but display kinda sucks and compat is kinda off aswell, some of it is good though

PSP has good SNES emulation but even on there some games do lag, what chance does a GBA have if the PSP only just does it good enough with some games

Out of interest have you tried using the save from your flash kit with VBA and the rom to see if you get the same problem
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-September-2012 at 13:14.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by A_User View Post
    Oh, wasn't aware he was playing his roms on GBA hardware. Don't mind me carry on
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Sorry it took me so long to answer this, I found out I hadn't adjust my settings to receive e-mail alerts of subscribed topics being replied...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    what is the crc for the E and U version? I will check it against what I have.

P.S. are you trimming the rom or anything??? if so don't
    What do you mean by crc and trimming?

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    The GBA version has better battle menus. The Exp. given by enemies has been doubled and the Coins have been tripled.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Out of interest have you tried using the save from your flash kit with VBA and the rom to see if you get the same problem
    I just installed VBA GX. I will try it as soon as I can and report back. Thanks for the help everyone!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

crc is the check sum, we or rather I can use that to see if your rom is verified as a good dump or not.

you can see that just by opening the zip file with 7-zip.

rom trimming is something you can do to make the rom smaller it usually just gets rid of junk data that filles a rom up and makes it a set size it can have both negative effects and positive ones though, personly I don't trim my games unless it fixes something.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Flávio Alves View Post
    The GBA version has better battle menus. The Exp. given by enemies has been doubled and the Coins have been tripled.
    Ah, right. I was actually playing the GBA version recently (less grinding, which was always an issue I had with the snes version); got all the way to the weather tower bit and just stopped playing, not sure why. I'd definitely look into getting a different rom than the one you've been using if you're still trying to get it to work on your flashcart.

Quote Originally Posted by Flávio Alves View Post
    I just installed VBA GX. I will try it as soon as I can and report back. Thanks for the help everyone!
    Out of curiosity are you talking about the GBA emulator for the Wii? I've actually had speed issues using that particular emulator surprisingly, even on less resource-intensive games like say, the GBA pokemon games.

Thanks

I just tried playing BOF II on VBA GX and the issue is gone! It was probably an issue with the flash cart. And yes, I used to compress my games when adding them to EZFlash III, although I'm not sure if I did it with this particular game (my GBA is not here right now). Anyway, I am now playing the Wii emulator a lot more than the GBA itself, so that problem is probably gone.

Yes, VBA GX is the GBA emulator for the Wii. I haven't had any speed problems with most games, but both of the Golden Suns run extremely slow... It's so slow you just give up playing...

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well thats good atleast, yeah trimming or compressing (that is trimming as the rom is not realy compressed) can cause problems with some games, but most should be fine, not that it matters if you are using the emu for the Wii instead

Out of interest what other consoles do you have that are modded, either by software or a mod chip?

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Besides my Wii (which is softmodded), I have a PSX, a PS2 and a Gamecube, all three of them with a modchip.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Shame the PS2 does not have a better GBA emu

Xbox if you had one has a great GBA emu aswell as a ton of others up to PSX and N64 though i can't blame you for not being fussed over PSX, owning one that is chipped anyway

The PSP is the other console that has great GBA emulation

The Wii though has plenty to offer in emulation specially if you like lightgun games... retro lightgun games as in NES SNES and GENESIS and Mastersystem work great with the Wii Mote

Personly I own
    PSone mod chipped (NES emulates well on it )
    PSX grey thing with back port mod
    Saturn - utilising a swop/swap trick (can't say I have looked into emulating on it)
    Dreamcast - No mod needed the beast plays backups without a mod chip or soft mod or swop/swap trick (Lots of emulators for the DC beasty)
    PS2 Softmod (There are a few emulators that work good up to Genesis and SNES, there not great though only good)
    GameCube - Softmod, though I don't use it as my Wii can play em
    Xbox softmodded (Has the best sellection of emulators for it)
    Wii softmodded (There are some nice emulators for it)
    360 not modded
    PS3 not modded

PSP softmodded (Has a great collection of emulators for it)
    DS - DS flash kit with GBA expantion for GBA games and DS games (there are a few lower end systems emulated here)
    3DS - DS flash kit (there are no 3DS software flash kits so I can only play DS games with it - emulation is much the same as above)

A bunch of GBA's with no flash kits (I use them with GameCube software that used GBA's... Zelda 4 Swords for example)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-October-2012 at 19:06.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]