Thread: Donkey Kong 2 Jumpman Returns V1.2 (hack) HELP PLEASE !!!

Thanks

Arrow Donkey Kong 2 Jumpman Returns V1.2 (hack) HELP PLEASE !!!

Hello, I am new to this site and I just downloaded a MAME version ROM
    Donkey Kong 2 Jumpman Returns V1.2 (hack) A direct download from this site.
    I also had a guy from the other day send me the same zip file from another site. I use for this same game.

I am running MAME'S most updated emulator which is
    MAME 0146B 64 Bit Version. Because I have Win 7 64 bit OS.

I get it installed into my emulator in the ROMS folder unzipped ofcourse and when I try and go play the game I get this (brown message) >saying> Selected game is missing one or more ROMS or CHD images... I admit I am new to the MAME and ROM world but I have been picking up some of the lingo. And looking at tutorials at how to do certain stuff. Installing the MAME emulator was easy and so is installing the ROMS some of the techy things IM still learning about. Like if it requires extra files (ROMS) how and where do you go to retreive that stuff at which site ??? And what do I look for the binary (.bin) files... for the specific game. I admit this is the first site I have been on that has a direct download link for DK2 all of the other ROM related sites I don't see this download. I see (dkong) which is protected by the ESA... And so are alot of others. I can understand that though. So if anybody can help me out on this issue and help me get this game into my MAME emulator so I can play this ROM it would cool of you...

OK here is my question is this a legimate game and how do you get this to work CORRECTLY in my MAME emulator ? Do you need MAME 0.133 Bios Pack to help run this
    game (ROM)?? Would someone help me out !! I really want this ROM if it's real and if someone already has it and can help me out with this issue. Only reply to this forum question if you can help. Thanks so much...

Also I noticed some ROMS with very low (kb's) after you install them as welll they don't work why is that ? It's like a ghost download that is just wasting your time so why are these ROM's even on half these sites. Or is there something I am missing because I'm still getting use to all this still. I do have about 11 ROMS already in my collection. I just want this one so badly.. I'm a DK fanactic.. And I want DK2 Badly. LOL. HELP !!!

masclthrcub_124
    Last edited by masclthrcub_124; 18th-September-2012 at 03:30.

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you tried sticking the zip file for the rom into mame's ROM folder without unzipping it? IIRC you're not supposed to unzip roms when playing them in MAME.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

You may of read my posting wrong... I know NOT to UN-ZIP a ROM for a MAME emulator... I didn't unzip the original zip at all during the process. I just want to know if someone knows why this game dosen't work after installing the ROM to the rom's folder. I do agree with your comments about the game and other genre. But in all it's still a great game to play once you get addicted. Like 4.20 or anything else your mind can dream up... Hehehehmhm..... -"

masclthrcub_124
    JCC

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by masclthrcub_124 View Post

Hello, I am new to this site and I just downloaded a MAME version ROM
    Donkey Kong 2 Jumpman Returns V1.2 (hack) A direct download from this site.
    I also had a guy from the other day send me the same zip file from another site. I use for this same game.

I am running MAME'S most updated emulator which is
    MAME 0146B 64 Bit Version. Because I have Win 7 64 bit OS.

I get it installed into my emulator in the ROMS folder unzipped ofcourse and when I try and go play the game I get this (brown message) >saying> Selected game is missing one or more ROMS or CHD images... I admit I am new to the MAME and ROM world but I have been picking up some of the lingo. And looking at tutorials at how to do certain stuff. Installing the MAME emulator was easy and so is installing the ROMS some of the techy things IM still learning about. Like if it requires extra files (ROMS) how and where do you go to retreive that stuff at which site ??? And what do I look for the binary (.bin) files... for the specific game. I admit this is the first site I have been on that has a direct download link for DK2 all of the other ROM related sites I don't see this download. I see (dkong) which is protected by the ESA... And so are alot of others. I can understand that though. So if anybody can help me out on this issue and help me get this game into my MAME emulator so I can play this ROM it would cool of you...

OK here is my question is this a legimate game and how do you get this to work CORRECTLY in my MAME emulator ? Do you need MAME 0.133 Bios Pack to help run this
    game (ROM)?? Would someone help me out !! I really want this ROM if it's real and if someone already has it and can help me out with this issue. Only reply to this forum question if you can help. Thanks so much...

Also I noticed some ROMS with very low (kb's) after you install them as welll they don't work why is that ? It's like a ghost download that is just wasting your time so why are these ROM's even on half these sites. Or is there something I am missing because I'm still getting use to all this still. I do have about 11 ROMS already in my collection. I just want this one so badly.. I'm a DK fanactic.. And I want DK2 Badly. LOL. HELP !!!

masclthrcub_124
    Have you downloaded the parent set of this rom? The parent set is always required to play a game to which it belongs. In this case the parent set is Donkey Kong (set 1). And try out MameUI64 as it will help you to find the parent & their respective child sets. Also if you still find a problem try updating the bios using ClrMamePro & the MameBios0.133 pack is outdated try downloading the bios individually. Also the rom's with the low kb's are actually the child sets & they won't work unless their parents set's are also present. Hope this might help you.

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.

Thanks

Your the BOMB buddy... I owe you a great deal of gratitude your reply helped out in the best possible way. After downloading the parent set
    (Donkey Kong (Set 1) to my rom folder now I can play DK2 !!! Now it makes alot of sense when I saw that brown screen and it read I needed another ROM
    but I only wish it would of been a bit more detailed on telling me what you just told me about parent and chiild sets. DAH !! What is a good website for CHD Images ? In-case I may need one of them. I have been doing some research on that as well in case I come across a game that needs one. I use You Tube and look at tutorials there on video's that people make to explain things and I also check alot of gaming sites out as well.

I'll give MameUI64 a whirl as well dosen't hurt to have another MAME Emulator running so I can check out the parent and child sets... If I know now what I wish I knew over the weekend my project I have been working on would of been done. But now I feel a bit better having what I set out to do in the 1st place.

One other question does each version of MAME need a BIOS... I'll look into ClrMamePro does that work with Win 7 OS 64 bit ? Thanaks also for letting me know about the MameBios0.133 pack being outdated guess I can get rid of that now I just saved it to my desktop and never un-zipped it or worked with it yet. I owe you alot of thanks man... It dosen't hurt to use these forums to find answers that someone else may be able to help you out with. PEACE !!! And happy Gaming...
    LOL... -JC...

masclthrcub_124
    JCC

Thanks
    EP Points

Want the chd images,they are all here on Emuparadise. They were added recently so need to torrent them or wander around the web. For the bios, not Mame but the game's need the bios & the contents of the bios may change in different releases. And you can get the 64-bit version of Clrmamepro on their website.

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.