Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just so you know the same errors are in the verifed dump of Megaman Legends (USA) but the crc info is totally off from the dump we have, though originally it was a redump.org dump it had been since updated and verifed from several dumpers that all got the same results

Anyway to patch with my patch to change the dump to the new dump via patching....

P.S. sorry for the long ass way round this but everything will work out in the end

First download the attached file & extract it, everything needed is in there, I just included the 2nd track it was small enough

1. open the ccd file with CD-Mage
    2. right click on Track 1
    4. chose Extract Track
    5. hit the Defaut Extention buton
    6. change Mode2/2352 to be bin
    7. Hit the OK buton
    8. change the path to your working folder (the folder that the game is in)
    9. Hit the Extract buton
    10. You can check the CRC32 info for that file by whatever means you like (Track 1 = dfb67f38)

Thats just to extract the track the propper CRC32 should be (Track 1 = 1f55bd97 Track 2 = 7976083e)

Now for some patching

1. run ppf-o-matic3
    2. hit the top floppy icon on the right
    3. pick legends track 01 MODE2-2352.bin
    4. hit the lower floppy icon
    5. pick Mega Man Legends (USA) (Track 1).ppf
    6. Hit Apply

There is one more step the file is almost perfect but the file is actually too big

1. run Free-File-Splitter
    2. open legends track 01 MODE2-2352.bin
    3. hit the top browse.. buton
    4. look for and pick legends track 01 MODE2-2352.bin
    5. hit the lower browse.. buton and chose the same folder that the files are all in
    6. in the Size of chunks put 487205040 and make sure it's on Bytes after you enter that number
    7. hit Split

Now you should have the following files

legends track 01 MODE2-2352.bin
    legends track 01 MODE2-2352.bin.chunk001
    legends track 01 MODE2-2352.bin.chunk002
    Mega Man Legends (USA) (Track 2).bin
    Mega Man Legends (USA).cue

Final steps

1. rename legends track 01 MODE2-2352.bin.chunk001 to Mega Man Legends (USA) (Track 1).bin
    2. grab the SFV file and or the MD5 file from http://redump.org/disc/2773/
    3. put those in the same folder as the rest of the files
    4. run whatever mds sfv file checkerer you want
    5. delete the following as they are no longer needed:-legends track 01 MODE2-2352.bin and legends track 01 MODE2-2352.bin.chunk002

I linked a place that lists a few sfv checkers in my other reply

Burn via the cue file supplied with ImgBurn at 10x if you like

If you are happy with this and the other game also does not check out exactly I can do the same with that one aswell maybe
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-September-2012 at 20:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for all your help, but I also need something done with Misadventures as I also have problems burning it. Can you help me with that if it's not too much trouble?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You havn't read my post correctly then have you

read the last line of my post

not doing any more tonight anyway, you are lucky i continued anyway, I wasn't going to bother

EDIT:- I will look at the other game tomorrow, too tired to do any more tonight
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-September-2012 at 21:20.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

3 things:

1. How do I check CRC32 files?
    2. How do I check SFV files? you didn't link anything...
    3. I burned at 8x after doing everything you said (without checking the stuff because I don't know how) and I get the exact same errors as before...I would burn at 10x but my drive only supports 8x, 16x and 24x. i'll try 16x...nope, same as before.

look, there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with my hardware because I've tried 2 other machines and they did the same thing and i'm not doing anything different from what you're doing...it simply ****s up the burn for no apparent reason.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-September-2012 at 23:49.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just your end thats the problem works fine for me, if you read my other post clearer though I also said it could be a bad batch of CD-R's, that has been a problem for me aswell (DVD+R's in my case) but once I got a fresh batch everything was fine, I have also had my hardware go on me aswell, both result in bad burns, so I know the common reasons for your problem (there is another one, that is more a software conflict)

do not take what I say as a personal dig, it is not, you ask and I answer, thats just the way it works

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_file_verification

sorry thought I had linked the above

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Just your end thats the problem works fine for me, if you read my other post clearer though I also said it could be a bad batch of CD-R's, that has been a problem for me aswell (DVD+R's in my case)
    It still doesn't make sense...I used a different CD-R before this one batch that is brand new, and it was the same deal. And I had burned a lot of PSX games using those and they worked fine. I burned Legends 2 using this batch I have here, and it works fine as well. So I'm pretty sure the CDs and the hardware are NOT the issue and it's software related.

Then again, Legends 2 doesn't come up with errors in CDmage and neither did anything else.

I said Misadventures came up with errors in Imgburn and CDmage...but I never actually tried to play it. I could burn the ISO ignoring the errors and see if it has any actual issues in gameplay. If it doesn't, the issue could be Breaker Pro, because that's what I'm using to play these burned discs on my PS2. I don't see a compatibility list, though.
    Last edited by BlazeHeatnix; 19th-September-2012 at 00:20.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No point is there realy the errors are not there for me with that game either, though I only done a test burn (I didn't actually burn anything for that game)

There is something wrong on your end even if you do not want to beleive it

My reasons may not be correct the correct ones but the problem still remains with your burning, not the image (Though yes only done partial testing with missadventures on my end so only looking at legends for now)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

UPDATE:

On my brother's box (Which is better than mine and is a desktop machine), we re-downloaded this site's dump. We ran it through imgburn at 8x, and guess what? No errors. No errors when it's verified. I was so happy...until I played it on my PS2 and it has the same crap as before.

So yeah, I think I've verified what the culprit is: Breaker Pro. My theory is that since Breaker Pro was designed to read whole discs (IE discs without intentional errors in the system) that's why it won't play Legends 1 and Misadventures properly but will play Legends 2. I have no idea what Imgburn is doing (As far as I know, the errors that pop up are false positives), but since the game plays the exact same way when burned through imgburn WITHOUT errors, I don't think it's me.

If anyone has Breaker Pro for PS2, can someone double check to see if Megaman Legends will play right on that?
    Last edited by BlazeHeatnix; 19th-September-2012 at 02:22.

Thanks
    EP Points

I thought megaman legends was canceled O_o

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    I thought megaman legends was canceled O_o
    RockMan Dash Capcom SLPS-01141 12/18/97 JP
    Mega Man Legends Capcom SLUS-00603 08/31/98 US E
    Mega Man Legends Virgin Interactive SLES-01485 12/04/98 EU
    Mega Man Legends (Greatest Hits) Capcom SLUS-00603GH 1999 US E
    RockMan Dash (PlayStation the Best) Capcom SLPS-91135 05/04/99 JP

So Canceled it was released twice in the US and Japan, it may of been delayed at some point though

It is also on PC format and PSP

The US PSP version is Canceled

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeHeatnix View Post
    UPDATE:

On my brother's box (Which is better than mine and is a desktop machine), we re-downloaded this site's dump. We ran it through imgburn at 8x, and guess what? No errors. No errors when it's verified. I was so happy...until I played it on my PS2 and it has the same crap as before.

So yeah, I think I've verified what the culprit is: Breaker Pro. My theory is that since Breaker Pro was designed to read whole discs (IE discs without intentional errors in the system) that's why it won't play Legends 1 and Misadventures properly but will play Legends 2. I have no idea what Imgburn is doing (As far as I know, the errors that pop up are false positives), but since the game plays the exact same way when burned through imgburn WITHOUT errors, I don't think it's me.

If anyone has Breaker Pro for PS2, can someone double check to see if Megaman Legends will play right on that?
    Sounds like a well known Swop/Swap Trick problem some games will never work with that, it's not the errors by the way, it's the fact that it does a TOC (Table of Content) check on the disc you boot with and if the TOC is higher than the boot disc or if there are extra tracks those parts of the CD-R can't be read correctly because the PS2/PSone only reads from the TOC of the boot disc (Some games do not require there CDDA tracks to play correctly though, just no background music)

Same goes for SwapMagic ect... thats why you can do a TOC refresh for a DVD/CD original that has a high TOC

There is a softmod for the PS2 that can help here if you have any original PSone games asides from Breaker Pro it's still a swap/swop trick but you can use any TOC original, preferably one that has as much data on it as possible, it will still have problems with CDDA tracks though

EDIT: just came accross something very interesting

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f292/ps2...pdates-105355/ <- could be worth a shot might even give that a shot myself if I can be bothered pulling my PS2 out again, you don't even need to burn a CD for that method
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-September-2012 at 12:50.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I never hardmodded my ps2 and have no idea what that link is talking about. How the **** do you put software on a PS2?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-September-2012 at 14:21.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Please try and refrain from your bad language

And it depends on what you have for the PS2 as to how easy or hard it might be

My PS2 is softmodded there is no modchip in my PS2 and I do not need SwapMagic or any disc tricks for PS2 backups (they do need patching though prior to burning but asides from that I just pop em in the PS2 and they boot up)

Do you play backup PS2 games on your unmodded PS2 if so how??

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I use Swapmagic...I used little tools to block the censors both outside and in to spin the disc whether the lid is open or not.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

swapmagic can run elf files directly from a USB stick

Just make a folder called SWAPMAGIC on the USB device
    copy the elf file you want to bootup in that folder and name it SWAPMAGIC.elf

Pop the USB device in your PS2

When you boot SwapMagic it will auto load the swapmagic.elf file that is in the Swapmagic folder on the USB stick

if you need to copy any files onto your PS2 memcard then use uLauch.elf, boot it using the above method

P.S. if you used ESR you wouldn't even need to have the little tools, comes in handy for multi disc games like XenoSaga 2 & 3 that can't use SwapMagic to play onto the 2nd disc as they require a mid play disc swop/swap, this is one reason that mod chip users also install ESR because not all the mod chips support mid game disc changes either

EDIT:-

The other option and not my guide so please do not ask me about it, personly I use my PSone that is mod chipped or I use my xbox via an emulator on that and have PSX/PS2 controllers hooked up to the xbox (my PS2 is for PS2 games only)

http://versatile1.wordpress.com/2009...-v9-and-above/

EDIT:- forgot to mention but that method can only boot CD-R's from your own region, you might be able to patch the boot code though, but I have not tested that personly (I have my PS2 hooked up via component cables that PSX games do not like and most screens just don't show)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-September-2012 at 21:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]