Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Megaman Legends and Misadventures of Tron Bonne won't burn

Thanks

Default Megaman Legends and Misadventures of Tron Bonne won't burn

I've tried multiple ISOs, multiple burning programs, different burn speeds, and even different computers, Megaman Legends 1 and Misadventures of Tron Bonne simply won't burn to a CD-R. I get up to about 60% in the verify and I get errors. The CD-R has plenty of room (705 mb) and it's verbatim. I'm using Imgburn and am burning at 8x speed because that's all my laptop can do. I've tried 4x and it was even worse.

I tried emulating it in ePSXe, but when I get to the cutscene where they're in the ship and leave the intro stage, there's huge amounts of stuttering and sound repeat. I assume it's like that for future cutscenes. I used both fast and nice settings, both get the same result. I'm using Pete's OpenGL driver. I haven't had any problems with Misadventures so far, but I've heard it will freeze at a certain point...can anyone confirm this?
    Last edited by BlazeHeatnix; 16th-September-2012 at 03:26.

Thanks

I know half... most the posts have gone out this thread

ImgBurn is the correct choice by the way and the fact you set the burning software lower than your burner goes shouldn't make a difference to be honest as it will force the software to burn faster than what you set it to

You can test the CD images with CD-Mage though to make sure they are not currupt

For a guide (include a link to CD-Mage) go to http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?24683

P.S. where did you get the CD image from in the first place?

P.P.S. Verify may not work with Images that have seperate sound tracks, there is also an alt way to burn images using a virtual CD--Rom drive preferably D-Tools Lite that is also free, if you first mount the image in D-Tools Lite then use ImgBurn to create a new image (Create Image file from disc) then burn the new disc image instead
    Last edited by Nolroz; 16th-September-2012 at 20:55.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nolroz View Post
    P.S. where did you get the CD image from in the first place?
    I tried pretty much every emulation site there is. Coolrom, Doperom, Emuparadise, I've tried at least 3 isos and none of them work.

Also I ran them through CDmage and they wouldn't repair the sectors. I rebuilt the sectors but when I scanned it again it still told me they were corrupt...
    Last edited by BlazeHeatnix; 17th-September-2012 at 00:57.

Thanks
    EP Points

The burning thing sounds like a hardware problem on your end. You should try burning it on another computer with another drive if you have one available to you.

As for the sound skipping, that's a known issue with emulating the Mega Man Legends games. Supposedly mounting the disc image to a virtual drive using something like Alcohol 120% or DaemonTools will fix it, but I've never had that work for me. I generally just burn it and play on my PS2 unless I'm trying to stream it for people.

However, given that you're trying to verify the image before burning and it still says it's corrupt, you may want to try either downloading from a different computer/connection (i.e. go to school and download rather than using your home wireless) or using a download manager like Flashget that will verify each block as it downloads. I'd say this is probably easier to do than finding another computer with a burner, so give it a try.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

When I tried playing Final Fantasy Tactics from a disc I had to endure a 1 second disc-read lag every time I used an attack/ability. When I ran it from a .iso file on my Hard Drive, that lag was gone.

Skip the disc.

Also, sound stutter might be caused by your Audio plugin, try changing the Hz and see if that helps.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeHeatnix View Post
    I tried pretty much every emulation site there is. Coolrom, Doperom, Emuparadise, I've tried at least 3 isos and none of them work.

Also I ran them through CDmage and they wouldn't repair the sectors. I rebuilt the sectors but when I scanned it again it still told me they were corrupt...
    Ok did you ever download the images that required unecm because those images should be fine and without errors

Sounds like you got bad image after bad image if it has un fixable sectors on the disc image

I will download both games and test the images for you

MegaMan Legends has over 700 bad sectors mostly in XA files

Looking at Missadventures of Tron Bonne next

P.S. there are other checks that I will also look into when I get the chance

MoTB has only 2 bad errors both in an xa file there other 150+ errors are in sectors not used and can be fixed

The other checks that I need to do kinda verify if those are actual bad sectors or they are ment to be like that

P.S. how are you playing these games by the way and what are the results? It's no good telling us what emulation is doing if you are not even emulating the games

Also if those errors are ment to be there then verify may not work anyway
    Last edited by Nolroz; 17th-September-2012 at 09:24.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nolroz View Post
    P.S. how are you playing these games by the way and what are the results? It's no good telling us what emulation is doing if you are not even emulating the games

Also if those errors are ment to be there then verify may not work anyway
    I'm playing these games on ePSXe and I found out what caused the stutter, and I switched to Eternal's SPU plugin and it works fine now. Misadventures runs fine as well. But I want to be able to burn these and sit them on my shelf in a case. I burned them without fixing in CDmage and got shitty results though. The first cutscene is missing the door and refractor graphics, and after that it's just an empty hallway without anywhere to go.

Errors supposed to be there? I never heard of that...if they're supposed to be there does that mean they won't burn in the first place?
    Last edited by BlazeHeatnix; 17th-September-2012 at 14:12.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

They burn fine

The problem I suspect is in your hardware

I could do a lil more testing with my chipped PSone is you wish

If you get the chance to use another Burner (hardware not software) just try it

The problems could also be the media used and the hardware you are running the game on

Also I was sure you said you were using real hardware and ePSXe was only for testing or something like that, there has to be a reason you want to burn the games asides from a shelf filler otherwise you might aswell just record CD images onto a DVD and have lots of games on a single DVD for backup

P.S. PSX games with ePSXe will run much smoother directly from a CD Image or a mounted CD image than they do from a CD-R
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-September-2012 at 17:44.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    They burn fine
    Really? You've burned it yourself and tried it on a PS2/PS1? Got no errors and the game runs smoothly?

Tell me where you got it from and how you burned it.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No errors just a couple of W Warnings due to miss configure these are mostly auto corrected

I only tested Megaman Legends for burning I don't feel like wasting more CD's just for you

My PSone plays it just fine (It's mod chipped)

Here is my log (I did # out my PC's username though for security reasons)

I 09:41:23 ImgBurn Version 2.5.6.0 started!
    I 09:41:23 Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)
    I 09:41:23 Total Physical Memory: 4,094,900 KB - Available: 1,624,096 KB
    W 09:41:23 Duplex Secure's SPTD driver can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.
    I 09:41:24 Initialising SPTI...
    I 09:41:24 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
    I 09:41:24 -> Drive 1 - Info: hp DVD RW AD-7561S AH73 (D:) (SATA)
    I 09:41:24 -> Drive 2 - Info: SZCTUZY 4P63W5QBKL 1.04 (K:) (SCSI)
    I 09:41:24 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM and 1 BD-ROM!
    I 09:42:41 Operation Started!
    I 09:42:41 Source File: C:\Users\#######\Downloads\ePSXe\legends.ccd
    I 09:42:41 Source File Sectors: 223,045 (MODE2/FORM1/2352)
    I 09:42:41 Source File Size: 524,601,840 bytes
    I 09:42:41 Source File Volume Identifier: MEGAMAN_LEGENDS
    I 09:42:41 Source File Application Identifier: PLAYSTATION
    I 09:42:41 Source File File System(s): ISO9660
    I 09:42:41 Destination Device: [1:0:0] hp DVD RW AD-7561S AH73 (D:) (SATA)
    I 09:42:41 Destination Media Type: CD-R (Disc ID: 97m15s17f, Ritek Co.)
    I 09:42:41 Destination Media Supported Write Speeds: 10x, 16x, 20x, 24x
    I 09:42:41 Destination Media Sectors: 359,843
    I 09:42:41 Write Mode: CD
    I 09:42:41 Write Type: SAO
    I 09:42:41 Write Speed: 1x
    I 09:42:41 Lock Volume: Yes
    I 09:42:41 Test Mode: No
    I 09:42:41 OPC: No
    I 09:42:41 BURN-Proof: Enabled
    W 09:42:42 Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 176 KB/s (1x), Got: 1,764 KB/s (10x)
    W 09:42:42 The drive only supports writing these discs at 10x, 16x, 20x, 24x.
    I 09:42:43 Filling Buffer... (40 MB)
    I 09:42:44 Writing LeadIn...
    I 09:43:08 Writing Session 1 of 1... (2 Tracks, LBA: 0 - 223044)
    I 09:43:08 Writing Track 1 of 2... (MODE2/FORM1/2352, LBA: 0 - 207144)
    I 09:47:40 Writing Track 2 of 2... (AUDIO/2352, LBA: 207145 - 223044)
    I 09:48:01 Synchronising Cache...
    I 09:48:18 Exporting Graph Data...
    I 09:48:18 Graph Data File: C:\Users\###########\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\hp_DVD_RW_AD-7561S_AH73_18-SEPTEMBER-2012_09-42_97m15s17f_1x.ibg
    I 09:48:18 Export Successfully Completed!
    I 09:48:18 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:05:36
    I 09:48:18 Average Write Rate: 1,748 KB/s (10.1x) - Maximum Write Rate: 1,920 KB/s (11.1x)
    I 09:48:18 Cycling Tray before Verify...
    I 09:50:38 Device Ready!
    I 09:50:43 Operation Started!
    I 09:50:43 Source Device: [1:0:0] hp DVD RW AD-7561S AH73 (D:) (SATA)
    I 09:50:43 Source Media Type: CD-R (Disc ID: 97m15s17f, Ritek Co.)
    I 09:50:43 Source Media Supported Write Speeds: 10x, 16x, 20x, 24x
    I 09:50:43 Image File: C:\Users\###########\Downloads\ePSXe\legends.ccd
    I 09:50:43 Image File Sectors: 223,045 (MODE2/FORM1/2352)
    I 09:50:43 Image File Size: 524,601,840 bytes
    I 09:50:43 Image File Volume Identifier: MEGAMAN_LEGENDS
    I 09:50:43 Image File Application Identifier: PLAYSTATION
    I 09:50:43 Image File File System(s): ISO9660
    I 09:50:43 Read Speed (Data/Audio): MAX / MAX
    I 09:50:47 Verifying Session 1 of 1... (2 Tracks, LBA: 0 - 223044)
    I 09:50:47 Verifying Track 1 of 2... (MODE2/FORM1/2352, LBA: 0 - 207144)
    I 09:53:47 Verifying Track 2 of 2... (AUDIO/2352, LBA: 207145 - 223044)
    I 09:54:00 Exporting Graph Data...
    I 09:54:00 Graph Data File: C:\Users\###########\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\hp_DVD_RW_AD-7561S_AH73_18-SEPTEMBER-2012_09-42_97m15s17f_1x.ibg
    I 09:54:00 Export Successfully Completed!
    I 09:54:00 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:03:15
    I 09:54:00 Average Verify Rate: 2,682 KB/s (17.9x) - Maximum Verify Rate: 3,611 KB/s (24.1x)

100% Burn 100% Verify 100% Bootable 100% Playing Speed 100% Waste of CD (Well for me anyway, each to there own)

You only get 60% verify so to me it's your hardware as I said before (It could be a software conflict but I can't see it, it could be bad media, that is also very possible, I have had bad batches of CD's and DVD's in the past. (Not talking brand here))

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I got the image from here http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays..._Legends/37152
    I used ImgBurn to burn with
    Media I used are Maxell 700MB-80Min up to 52x CD-R's
    I burned the image via the ccd file as this CD image has more than one track in it, a track of data and a track of cdda (music), if I just burned by the img I would of only got the data track burned

I'm on a HP laptop - the burning hardware info is actually in the above log, the other drive it mentions is a virtual drive (i.e. a fake drive that lets me mount CD images to and it acts like a normal CD rom drive) I did not use the virtual drive this time

I also had tested both prior to burning with ISObuster that lets you do what is called a surface scan that can detect any read problems and would effect burning if it encounters any... both disc images come back as "No physical errors encountered. Your disc is still in good shape."

P.S. both images had been tested with ISObuster without CD-Mage trying to repair anything.. i.e. I extracted a fresh copy of both games for testing with ISObuster and burned Megaman Legends (I could of just burn tested but the verify would not of come into effect and I could not test it in my PSone)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-September-2012 at 09:34.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

It has nothing to do with my goddamn hardware, for the last time. I already said in the very first post that I've tried different computers with different burners. The media I'm using is the exact same as you're using, and I have burned countless PSX games in the past and burned them with absolutely no problems until I got to Legends. It has nothing to do with my download speed either, as I tried my school just to be sure and they got the same thing: the ISO has 910 corrupted sectors, 150 of which are fixable in CDmage.

The only thing I could've possibly done different than you was that I burned mine at 8x, and you did 10x.
    Last edited by BlazeHeatnix; 18th-September-2012 at 14:21.

Thanks
    EP Points

The only thing I could've possibly done different than you was that I burned mine at 8x, and you did 10x.
    No, he did at at 1x.
    You want the lowest burn speed possible for the best results. The goal is to get it around 4x or less.

So, if your lowest possible burn speed is 8x, then it could very well be that the game was written to the disk incorrectly.
    When you attempted it at 4x, was it on one of the different computers you mentioned? (Because, as Colamisu said, if all your laptop disk drive can do is 8x and you set it to 4x, ImgBurn will force it to 8x.)

Also, cálmate. You are getting all of this for free, after all.
    Besides, this is kind of a waste of time since you get better results with emulation when the game is read off of a hard drive, and you aren't even trying to play this original hardware (as far as we know). , I can understand Zorlon being a little flippant.
    Last edited by Alakazander; 18th-September-2012 at 15:21.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alakazander View Post
    No, he did at at 1x.
    No, he did it at 10x. Read his post again. He set it to 1x and Imgburn corrected to 10x because that's the minimum he can do.
    You want the lowest burn speed possible for the best results. The goal is to get it around 4x or less.
    I already told you, I tried 4x on a different computer, which is a desktop and has far better specs than mine, and I got even more errors when I did it there.
    So, if your lowest possible burn speed is 8x, then it could very well be that the game was written to the disk incorrectly.
    That has to be the case, but like I said, I didn't do ANYTHING different from what Zorlon did besides burning 2x slower. And considering I got more errors when I did 4x, maybe I should try a faster speed. Why that would work, I have no ******** clue, but that other computer I mentioned that can do 4x can also do 10x, so I might try that.
    Also, cálmate. You are getting all of this for free, after all.
    That's moot, since there's no way to buy this game non-used for less than $100.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-September-2012 at 19:55.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try it, if you must all I done was give you my results and my thoughts on what could be causing it

Download speed has naff all to do with anything

CDMage reported the exact same for me aswell

The only reason my machine burned at 10x is because that is it's lowest speed

Funny that you use the exact same as me but you can't burn and verify, something is very much wrong on your end

If there was a problem with the image I would get the same problem no matter what I done

P.S. I did not fix the CD-Mage errors but they are there for me aswell

I will try and get as clean a copy as possible for you though verified at http://redump.org/

keep what you have and I will see if I can just make a patch instead of uploading the both games again

I will even go as far to say verify those after patching to make sure you the same results as myself

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

That's moot, since there's no way to buy this game non-used for less than $100.
    I'd say that only adds to the veracity of my statement, so it's, you know, the opposite of moot .
    (If someone saved me 100 USD, I'd be pretty stoked )

Grasping at straws:
    The disks are CD-R, right? Not CD-RW?

Anyway, the rest of my quibbles are pedantic.
    And I hope Zorlon is able to help you... even though it is a wee bit pointless
    Last edited by Alakazander; 18th-September-2012 at 17:12.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC