Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Megaman Legends and Misadventures of Tron Bonne won't burn

Thanks

One question am I supposed to use the CD version of swapmagic for PS1 games?

EDIT: I did what you said, went to that link, downloaded everything, renamed ps2psxe-gui-pack.elf to SWAPMAGIC.elf and put it into a SWAPMAGIC folder, put the USB in, boot up Swapmagic 3.8 and...nothing. My USB is NTFS could that be the problem?
    Last edited by BlazeHeatnix; 20th-September-2012 at 04:35.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No the CD version of SwapMagic is only for CD PS2 games

Yes that is the problem you want FAT

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    No the CD version of SwapMagic is only for CD PS2 games

Yes that is the problem you want FAT
    I got PS2PSXE to boot but it only works for a few select games apparently (it's not that old and is still being updated) as Legends played horribly...i'll try psxlauncher.

EDIT: still having problems...freeMCboot is installed and everything is in the root folder of my USB yet when I launch ulaunchelf from the main menu it says it can't find it? I followed this guy's steps:

http://freemcboot.info/ps2%20ohje/2e.html

I'm close to getting PSXlauncher running as well as ESR, but I can't get this crap to boot...

EDIT2: OMFG PERFECT MEGAMAN LEGENDS PS2 EMULATION!!! I'll bet it works for Midadventures too. I still need to work on ESR but it doesn't matter. All my hard work has finally paid off!!! you can lock this thread now!
    Last edited by BlazeHeatnix; 21st-September-2012 at 03:17.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

all your hard work???

EDIT:

About time anyway this dragged on for far too long congrats, well done.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-September-2012 at 09:07.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

all your hard work???
    Well of course you were a huge help too. Without you I wouldn't have known the problem was Breaker Pro...I meant that I have spent the past week obsessed with why my backups won't play and I tried every method possible and went through a countless number of CD-Rs, and now I've finally got it all fixed.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah that lil method works alot beter than the breaker pro

You still have a small problem with your drive, as far as reading back goes but burning seems ok for the moment but it is worth keeping an eye on in the future, even older drives shouldn't do that even with those types of images that have errors (false errors, it's actually not uncommon specially with PSX images)

I will be doing some guides in the future that are worth looking out for, specially real hardware users

My ESR guide at present is not fully usabe as you still need to find the files yourself (this was due to a forum crash a couple of years back, I been meaning to get that back up for ages now) as a guide it will be handy for you, but finding the files is up to you for now, you may already have those anyway

Other stuff includes tranfuring saves PSX and PS2 via a USB stick (comes in handy if you are wanting to back up)

Running Codebreaker (PS2 version) via USB, so works fine with ESR DVD games (actually it's the only cheat engine that does)

I'm sure there is more that I'm currently forgetting, my PS2 has just been dusted off

P.S. not sure if I mentioned it here but PSXloader only works with games from your own region/games that match the region of your console, but there are ways round this you can patch the boot region of any PSX game (this is not the same as display patching), even if you have no interest in PAL games there are very few that are PAL only afterall but even NTSC-J games would need the region patched (there are a couple of good PSX translations out there)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Other stuff includes tranfuring saves PSX and PS2 via a USB stick (comes in handy if you are wanting to back up)
    Oh? How can I do this

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I moved your thread to my testing area... not realy I just made a spanking new section and your the first active thread here now

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?80517 just typed up a guide let me know if you can follow it or not

Because I am feeling generous the attachment is a copy of the Codebreaker elf that you need

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

how can I use a gameshark with PSXloader?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wouldn't know I use a PSone

Realy i can't answer that one and can't test I don't have any lid sensors blocked, there not needed for ESR and thats all my PS2 boots ESR patch PS2 DVD's (Originals aswell)

Thinking about it though, basicly you can't, you may get away with using your codebreaker pro instead of the gameshark, gameshark codes can be converted to codebreaker, most codes don't even need converting, but you may end up having the same problems as you did before (you would with GameShark also if there was a point that the CD stopped allowing you to do a swap/swop)

P.S. my PS2 softmod guide is back up and usable http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?80570
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-September-2012 at 14:31.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

you know, seeing and reading through this thread makes me feel lucky i even got this game to run in the first place, even if all iso's of it are even slightly corrupt across the net (i remember that every one i tested in cd mage came out with at least a few bad and irrepairable sectorsin it) and it very much hates the cutscenes/speech (hangs up at most everything but yes the game does indeed "work", something people can stop correcting me on when i bring up those problems) parts of the game.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    you know, seeing and reading through this thread makes me feel lucky i even got this game to run in the first place, even if all iso's of it are even slightly corrupt across the net (i remember that every one i tested in cd mage came out with at least a few bad and irrepairable sectorsin it) and it very much hates the cutscenes/speech (hangs up at most everything but yes the game does indeed "work", something people can stop correcting me on when i bring up those problems) parts of the game.
    Not only does it work, it works perfect without stutters ect you mention once you run it correctly.

the corruptions detected via CD-Mage should not be fixed with those games, they are ment to be there, fixing them will corrupt the game 99% of the time if you repair errors that are not realy errors with CD-Mage.

the same can't be said for all PSX CD images, I have in the past repaired a large number of PSX CD images with CD-Mage

P.S. Sorry to dissapoint you
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-September-2012 at 11:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]