Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time checker

Traitorious Guest

Default Time checker

Ummm I'm just posting to see what time it is on emuparadise.If theres another easier way to check time let me know, otherwise post here if you also want to see what time it is.This can help if servers go down for a given time or something will happen at a given time

Thanks

LOL. Ok...

All times are GMT +12 hours. The time now is 18:37.

That's written at the end of all the posts in every topic. Don't you have an internal clock on your computer?

Traitorious Guest

yea but my clock doesn't show emu's time and i just get confused on finding time myself.

Thanks

He has a point. I don''t even pay attention to the times because it's so messed up compared to mine.

Thanks
    EP Points

vBulletin provides customized times according to your GMT offset to show all posts and when they were posted according to your time, so just set your offset from GMT in your User Control Panel.
    As for the emuparadise time, we're in CET, that is the time which Texas, USA follows, so you can check that up at any given time and know what time it is

Thanks

I don't see how my time would actually be +1:11. I don't really get where the 11 comes from, but that's the official time that the cable company has, and they have one of those crazy clocks.

Christopher Time Guest

Well.. It's actually a fault of VB Forums, oddly they sometimes get lost in the "timeline" so to speak..
    I'm GMT -5, yet the forum is an hour and 10 minutes behind me.. So blame VB for the screwy offsets.
    Then again.. Not all VB's do this, I think it's a glitch they somehow work themselves into overtime..
    But it's not a problem really, just adjust the time in your profile till it matches your own, no matter how screwed up it is.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, vBulletin isn't screwy, it seems to be working fine for me, I'm GMT +5:30 and it shows me the right time according to my own time over here, don't see why you people are facing problems, maybe you didn't configure your offset right in your UserCP's.

Christopher Time Guest

No no MasJ, i'm not saying this forum is faulty, it's a problem with a lot of VB's, it just happens.
    Oh and I live in the East of the US (GMT-5) Yet it only shows the right time on GMT -4.. That being Canada.. lol

Thanks
    EP Points

So O Wise Sage, time hath betrayed thou.

Thanks

I'm here in Mountain Time (from Alberta), yet when I set the time on emuparadise to Mountain time - it ends up an hour behind the actual time. So I guess I could switch it to another time zone ... but that doesn't feel right. Or at least it's close to an hour - I don't really pay much attention to the times since I only use them as an estimation of the times at which people post and of the frequency of posts. And I'm absolutely sure that I set it to Mountain time under Edit Options, so I didn't configure it wrong.

EDIT - Just checked the time of my post for accuracy - and it turns out to be 1 hour and 10 minutes behind. Heck, it doesn't even match GMT in terms of minutes.

Christopher Time Guest

Yup, exact time I said.. A lot of VB's do it, dunno why..
    And Time dost not betray me.. It just plays games with me.

chrono8921 Guest

My time is GMT +8 and it's exact for me...

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I would've thought it would be you playing games with time! :p

Thanks

So the accuracy of the time on emuparadise seems variable for each user. Hmm ... did they include Newfoundland time with that extra :30 tacked on?