Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Car Thread: Talk About Anything Automotive.

Thanks
    EP Points

My car splutters a little when i turn the key but it has a brand new battery now whats up with that?

i have a dream machine 1999 toyota corolla and its white has a couple dents from other asshole drivers denting it up when im inside a supermarket or something. the cd player has no usb slot so i have to burn CD's when i want to listen to music which get scratched up like 3 days after i burn them because of inconsiderate friends in my car or my other option is to listen to the garbage flowing through the radio.
    pimp my ride please!

but if anyone knows why my engine splutters like is has a dead battery when i start it up please tell me because the battery is brand new got it a couple weeks ago.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I don't exactly know what you mean by "my car splutters a little"
    If it's an engine problem it could be dirty fuel injectors.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

by splutters i mean the engine dosen't just start up crisp it kinda coughs for a second or two before the engine turning on like the battery was flat
    dirty fuel injectors could be my car hasn't had a service in 14,000 km at least but i can't afford to have it serviced right now

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse Mystical View Post
    by splutters i mean the engine dosen't just start up crisp it kinda coughs for a second or two before the engine turning on like the battery was flat
    dirty fuel injectors could be my car hasn't had a service in 14,000 km at least but i can't afford to have it serviced right now
    A standard service doesn't necessarily mean your injectors have been checked or even cleaned dude.
    If it's a high mileage car the injectors may even be worn, not everything lasts forever.

I doubt the spluttering has anything to do with electrics, if it was a bad battery/alternator it'd be hard to start (it'd be labouring).
    Bad starters may not engage properly if the solenoid is stuffed, or if the ring gear is worn.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

i think i may be blowing it out of proportion my old man came over today and listened to me turn it over he said its not a big deal maybe it could use some new spark plugs its just i got a new battery not long ago and the engine was starting up beautifully and making a lovely crisp engine sound when i turned it over now it takes like a second or two longer then it did and the new battery has only been in there like 2 weeks but yea think i am blowing it out of proportion.

thanks for your posts!