Thread: Gaming History - Mind Blown

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Gaming History - Mind Blown

~Yep. Illusion of Gaia~

Now, I love this game, and think it is a gem for the SNES. However, I didn't know that the game held such a powerful narrative (linking the history of the world and then using that history to shape the future) inside of it. Nor did it actually use real life locations. *I blame my lack of attention to details*

If you don't believe me, watch this video explaining what I mean. (If you find more inaccuracies, feel free to post them in detail)

I find this very fascinating that a game used real life locations (that wasn't there just for stereotypical enemies) and worked it into a powerful narrative.

Now to my question.
    What do you think about this tidbit of info? *If you known about it already, more power to you*
    Do you know of any other games that does this too?

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheik For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I always believed videogames could be a great source for education ever since I learned (after looking it up) from the the first level of the Neo Geo game "Magician Lord" that the word "Dale" was not only a guys name but the word for a Valley (Dale of evil gods). I wish more game sparked such interest.
    Try to appreciate those who live during your own life time, because we'll all be dead soon enough.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post

~Yep. Illusion of Gaia~

Now, I love this game, and think it is a gem for the SNES. However, I didn't know that the game held such a powerful narrative (linking the history of the world and then using that history to shape the future) inside of it. Nor did it actually use real life locations. *I blame my lack of attention to details*

If you don't believe me, watch this video explaining what I mean. (If you find more inaccuracies, feel free to post them in detail)

I find this very fascinating that a game used real life locations (that wasn't there just for stereotypical enemies) and worked it into a powerful narrative.

Now to my question.
    What do you think about this tidbit of info? *If you known about it already, more power to you*
    Do you know of any other games that does this too?
    Have you tried Terranigma? It's even better than Illusion of Gaia & it's actually a spiritual successor to IOG. They are part of Gaia trilogy (Soul Blazer,Illusion of Gaia,Terranigma). Love the plotline of the game (the resurrection of the whole world). Just go for it, you're gonna love it.

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.