Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gotham City Imposters goes Free 2 Play, Screws People that Payed for it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Angry Gotham City Imposters goes Free 2 Play, Screws People that Payed for it

OK,

This morning I woke up to find out "Gotham City Imposters" a Qwerky yet humorus and enjoyable multiplayer fps game had gone free to play. at first I was like... "Well that sucks for me I paid for the game a few months ago..." but at first I was none too worried then I remembered all the people who bought the Batman pack not that long ago (Summer Sale on Steam) and was like OUCH.

Then I found out while at first this is good it has a sour core... They changed the server system from using Games for Windows Live to Steamworks.

At first your like No more GFWL but.... all player progress lost for everyone... some people put some serious effort in and while its still just a game many people are understandably even more pissed off (so far 2 kicks in the nuts lost money for the game and now all progress wipe)

Then the cherry on this not so nice ice cream Sunday... all DLC's that people bought when they bought the game before the free 2 play update... is lost...

Most people are more pissed about this one or 2 have popped up saying "Well you got to play it first you should be glad" but that seems to have been trolling that fuelled the ever growing flames.

Monolith has yet to issue a statement to the gamers burned by the move to free to play.

Edit: Seems WB/Monolith had messed up or the whining from the players has worked, many of the DLC's for the new F2P version is being added for existing players
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 31st-August-2012 at 20:08.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Kinda glad they made it F2P, I already had it from PS+, but I prefer my FPS' on the PC. I guess I'm not really all that upset since I never played it before on PC. It does seem that a lot of people are pissed though

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Viewtiful_Roxas View Post
    Kinda glad they made it F2P, I already had it from PS+, but I prefer my FPS' on the PC. I guess I'm not really all that upset since I never played it before on PC. It does seem that a lot of people are pissed though
    Can ya blame em / me

We all put money and time into a game and they rip it out from ya lol... OK I mean im not so pissed the game went free 2 play or even the save data for everyone was lost...
    But the fact they wouldnt carry over the DLC's annoys the crap outta me it seems atm if I want my stuff back I have to pay again which I wont do as you can imagine.

Why cant they at least learn from Valves TF2 when it went from Pay 2 Play to Free 2 Play.. at least they gave the players that had paid a more premium status and some token gesture item :/

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Can ya blame em / me

We all put money and time into a game and they rip it out from ya lol... OK I mean im not so pissed the game went free 2 play or even the save data for everyone was lost...
    But the fact they wouldnt carry over the DLC's annoys the crap outta me it seems atm if I want my stuff back I have to pay again which I wont do as you can imagine.

Why cant they at least learn from Valves TF2 when it went from Pay 2 Play to Free 2 Play.. at least they gave the players that had paid a more premium status and some token gesture item :/
    Exactly, idk I guess. :/ Some of these companies are just idiots.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Looks like it gets better...

For some reason it seems they have now 2 versions of the game on the go, although the only one you will find on steam now is the Free 2 Play one... dafaq?

Here is a screen snip of my steam

So are they expecting the people who paid to play the one with no store front and probs next to no players or the one that's free 2 play and with all the players and we lose progress/dlc's

I'm confused and annoyed as hell about all this

Thanks
    EP Points

#firstworldproblems

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    #firstworldproblems
    lololol, Twitter fag.

Thanks

Yep, bad move, but plausible since it's an online multiplayer game. It's morally wrong for them to do that and if they don't fix it, may someone do the right thing and give them what they deserve.
    Don't ya hate it when people neg rep you, but don't have the gall to tell you themselves?

http://momsbasementpodcast.blogspot.com/ <----Me podcast about Tabletop RPGs

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hope other companies dont take up this business model.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Seems the whining has worked or Monolith / Warner Bros messed up.

All that bought the game previously should soon see almost all the current DLC's for the Free 2 Play version added to there steam accounts. Users of the G4WL or Origin bought outside steam can redeem there CDKey for the same package

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I'm of the opinion that people are too quick to complain.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Some of these F2P games are not totally F2P, I mean if you want to get a better character in a lot of them, you have to pay for DLC, or pay for stupid shit.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    True, to an extent.

However, if no complaints were had, the lack of backlash may well have led to every player not actually having their DLC restored. In this case, at least, complaints are warranted, because it's a stupid mistake on their end.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ivo Robotnik View Post
    True, to an extent.

However, if no complaints were had, the lack of backlash may well have led to every player not actually having their DLC restored. In this case, at least, complaints are warranted, because it's a stupid mistake on their end.
    I don't think the complaints did anything, big chances are they already were working on it.

I mean, not every videogame company is like Bethesda, unable to fix the problems they create

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Woohoo I'm not the only one that thinks that!
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007