Thread: epsxe frame rate problem

durstman2050 Guest

Default epsxe frame rate problem

Ok here's my stats.... amd athlon process, 40 gig hard drive, ati radeon all-in-wonder vid card 256 mb ram. When i play a game it runs good for about 5 seconds then the fps goes drops from 80 to 20-40 for about 2 seconds.... and this keeps repeating... incredibly annoying. here's my plugins... pete's d3d driver.. (none of the pete's fixed this), eternal spu plugin lite sound, pete's cdr aspi/ioctl driver 1.10.... PLEASE help this is very annoying... i also tried turning everything on the video options to the fastest possible and it didnt help... i turned off all programs in teh background and shut down systray.

edible_raccoon Guest

Just use an fps limit, and put it on 60fps for NTSC games and 50 for PAL games. Or you can just try autodetect framerate, that works in most cases as well.

Most PSX games don't like being run at higher framerates than they were intended to. The framerate will jump up and down if it's run too fast.

Thanks

Also, disable "Frame Skipping".

They are hot, aren't they??