Thread: Need Help Unlocking USB for PS3

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Need Help Unlocking USB for PS3

I have a flash drive here (Verbatim STORE N GO) And I can't get it to work for the PS3.

I want to play with mods on Borderlands and I need the save file from it to do so.
    Anyway, when I try to copy anything from the PS3 it says the USB is locked.

I know you need to format it to FAT32, make the allocation 4096 or 2048, neither worked.
    I also know that some saves are protected, but Borderlands is not, and I can't copy pictures or music either so it isn't that.
    There is no Lock Switch either so it isn't dummy locked.
    Drivers are updated and whatnot.

It simply will not work. The PS3 recognizes the USB is there, it just says locked.

I have seen that other people online use the same flash drive as I'm using so the brand is also compatible.

EDIT: I actually solved this problem immediately after posting this by clicking to allow sharing.
    I'm not exactly sure why that would affect it, but oh well it works now.

Anyone interested or also having this problem just right click and select properties. Then Sharing<Advanced Sharing<Allow Sharing.
    Last edited by Corey; 29th-August-2012 at 21:09.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Corey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

a buddy of mine was just complaining about not being able to do something with his PS3 and now i can tell him what to do XD

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood428 View Post
    a buddy of mine was just complaining about not being able to do something with his PS3 and now i can tell him what to do XD
    I don't actually know if this was what caused it to start working. Out of the blue it just started saying locked again.