Thread: I'm having trouble figuring out this bin thing

Thanks

Default I'm having trouble figuring out this bin thing

I downloaded tokimeiki memorial two. I got the file unzipped it and it has bin and cue files instead of an iso. I read all the faqs but I'm still confused as to what to do. do I have to change them to an iso file. I also downloaded daemon tools too because that seems importnat. please tell me what I'm doing wrong I desperately want to play this game.

Thanks
    EP Points

What system is the game for?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by tinklebuttt View Post
    I downloaded tokimeiki memorial two. I got the file unzipped it and it has bin and cue files instead of an iso. I read all the faqs but I'm still confused as to what to do. do I have to change them to an iso file. I also downloaded daemon tools too because that seems importnat. please tell me what I'm doing wrong I desperately want to play this game.
    In order to play that game on an emulator, you don't need to convert it to .iso, most emulators will still recognize it just fine. And normally, you don't need use daemon tools, ePSXe for example can load .bin files via the "Run ISO" option. Just browse and select the .bin file and it should run.

Thanks

I've tried the run Iso option it just tells me there is an error when I load it. perhapse there is something wrong with the game its self

Thanks
    EP Points

What is the full file extension? If it is a PSx game (especially if you got it from Emuparadise) it will probably be compressed further using ECM (so the file name will be "[Your ISO Here].bin.ecm"). You can uncompress it using the "UnECM" executable (just drag'n'drop your .bin.ecm over UnECM)

Quote Originally Posted by Every single PSx download page
    Download ECM Tools - Required if your file is of .ECM type and you need to convert to ISO/BIN/CUE. ECM is a special compression technique which allows better compression on CD images and thus saves on space as well as bandwidth! Learn more here.

Mac users please download command-line ECM tools from here.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks
    EP Points

Run the cue file.
    I'm listening but I don't hear very much...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by mailmann006 View Post
    Run the cue file.
    This is assuming the .bin file he has isn't still compressed in .ecm format (as noted by Alakazander just above your post), in which case he would still have to extract it before playing.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Right again. I am only going by what I have found as of late. If it was an ecm file, then by all means uncompress it. But... If you have a .bin and a .cue file, then go ahead and fire up that .cue. No offense to you guys, just trying to help.
    I'm listening but I don't hear very much...