Thread: Problems with some SNES games (emulating on PSP)

Thanks

Default Problems with some SNES games (emulating on PSP)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, so please move it if there is a better place. Anyways, I recently got my PSP and installed the Signed emulators for retro games. I have problems with a few games, namely Super Metroid and Mario Kart. Neither of these games work. Super Metroid goes through the whole opening sequence and then the graphics get all wonky. In Mario Kart, when I press start to begin the game, nothing happens. Any solutions?

Thanks
    EP Points

What emulator are you using? What region are the games?

From what I've read, Snex9x Euphoria R5Beta3 is not the most compatible choice (if that is what you are using). I would recommend using either SNES9xTYL or an older version of Snes9x Euphoria.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Alakazander View Post
    From what I've read, Snex9x Euphoria R5Beta3 is not the most compatible choice (if that is what you are using). I would recommend using either SNES9xTYL or an older version of Snes9x Euphoria.
    ^this. From what I remember the "Euphoria" releases were faster for some games but more buggy in general, while Snes9xTYL gave the most consistent performance.

Also keep in mind that a handful of games simply don't work well on any of the PSP snes emulators. Doom & Starfox are both good examples, neither run at full speed on the PSP.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

I am using SNES9X Euphoria R5. It's a signed emulator. I have the 660 Pro-C CFW, will other unsigned emulators work better? Or is it about the same?

Thanks
    EP Points

If you already have CFW installed, why are you using the signed emulator?

Signed or not signed, what MaslowK and I already said still stands:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakazander View Post
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks

So I tried both SNES9X TYL and an older version of SNES9X Euphoria. Neither of them would run. The TYL would boot to the opening animation then lock up. The older version of Euphoria did nothing at all. I mostly want to play Super Metroid. If anyone has any other suggestions, please help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by movybuf View Post
    So I tried both SNES9X TYL and an older version of SNES9X Euphoria. Neither of them would run. The TYL would boot to the opening animation then lock up. The older version of Euphoria did nothing at all. I mostly want to play Super Metroid. If anyone has any other suggestions, please help.
    Thats strange. I would try cutting/pasting everything off your memory card, formatting it through Windows, and then pasting everything back on it. If that doesn't work it's always possible the copies of the emulators you got were borked somehow.

Give these two a try, these are the particular copies I used to use without issues; http://www.dashhacks.com/downloads/v...9xtyl-041.html and http://www.dashhacks.com/downloads/v...xtyl-03me.html .

So long as you do have custom firmware of some sort installed either one of these "should" work, if not it may be an issue with the CFW itself.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"