Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Is Another Video Game Crash Possible?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It unfortunately has a HUGE shooter library, and a ton of games were exclusive to it, or on arcade machines, and I cant get MAME to work for me.

Does anyone know why Sega Japan refused so many games to be released for America? It was an awesome 2D machine, but the late add ons for 3D capability was what screwed it up.

Sega really shouldnt have made the addons for the Genesis, and made sure their next console would be awesome. Who knows, looking at how Sega ended up is very interesting.

Thanks
    EP Points

They even had Ice Cube promote it. I still remember the ad: "Head for Saturn."

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by williamjones View Post
    It unfortunately has a HUGE shooter library, and a ton of games were exclusive to it, or on arcade machines, and I cant get MAME to work for me.

Does anyone know why Sega Japan refused so many games to be released for America? It was an awesome 2D machine, but the late add ons for 3D capability was what screwed it up.

Sega really shouldnt have made the addons for the Genesis, and made sure their next console would be awesome. Who knows, looking at how Sega ended up is very interesting.
    Other way around. Sega of America and Bernie Stolar in particular wanted to promote the Saturn as a 3D console so they opted not to localise the majority of 2D games, and for obvious reasons the European branch followed suit. It's interesting to look back on, but for all the amazing games that could have been released I still don't think they'd have been enough to save Sega. The Saturn might have lasted another year or two but it would still have been a niche console in the west compared to the PS1 and even the N64, and there probably wouldn't have been a Dreamcast at the end of it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hmm, thats interesting. Bernie said on the Icons episode about Dreamcast that the Saturn didnt have any good games. I guess its his fault then.

Thanks

If it happens then I hope it happens to everyone but Sony :O

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RTT View Post
    If it happens then I hope it happens to everyone but Nintendo :O
    Fixed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GunSlinger Boy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by williamjones View Post
    Yeah its all hypothetical, but watching E3 conferences over the years it makes my mind wander around.
    That's because the Consoles have reached the end of their life cycles, oh and because Microsoft's PR team sucks, Nintendo's is good, when they want to be, and Sony's is just too corporate. Like half of the last presentation was spent on Wonderbook! That was the most boring thing I had to endure in my life... Good thing I could fast forward, this presentation was actually more dull than the ones Microsoft had for the last three years.

Thanks

so can it relate to this to merging to square soft and enix ??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yyhung317 View Post
    so can it relate to this to merging to square soft and enix ??
    Can you elaborate? If you are confused as to what we are talking about, if it's possible that this happening again. That's the major crash, there was one in 1977, but it was small but of course it was caused by Atari, both of them were, because Atari's stupid.