Thread: I need help emulating PD: Saga in SSF

Thanks

Default I need help emulating PD: Saga in SSF

do love the site very much. having a problem with the Panzer saga. it freezes after the opening movie. I am using SSF it says my drive door is open even when using an actual disc. i tired deamon, poweriso and virtual drive. i'm relatively new to this scene so any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,350 Times in 160 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyclean View Post
    do love the site very much. having a problem with the Panzer saga. it freezes after the opening movie. I am using SSF it says my drive door is open even when using an actual disc. i tired deamon, poweriso and virtual drive. i'm relatively new to this scene so any help is appreciated.
    If you want i can P.M. you with the settings I'm currently using so you can compare.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Power ISO no Daemon Tools yeah, if you need ripping software you can use ISObuster or ImgBurn both are free and both work great

You do not need the above because you are playing from the original disc

P.S. I do strongly recomend you read the top sticky thread in this section that helps with SSF (Ignore the D-Tools references though and just do the config parts but to your actual CD-Rom drive)

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?67974

It does sound like it is looking either at the incorrect drive or maybe you have the bios settings messed up

If it is reading the disc then reporting there is nothing in the drive while playing it could be damage to the disc or the wrong version of SSF used

The compat list uses version 0.11 Alpha R5 of SSF, the link tells you where to get older versions from but they are still updating there compat list

Panzer Dragoon Saga - USA - 81307 - Fully Playable - 0.11 Alpha R5 - Original Disc (This one is ran directly from a PC CD-Rom drive from the original CD)
    [In process of updating compatibility to the latest release (0.12 Beta)]

Panzer Dragoon Saga - PAL - MK81307-50 - Fully Playable - 0.09 Beta R3 - TOSEC (This one is a dump that was tested via a virtual CD-Rom drive [Deamon Tools])
    [Not updated]
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-August-2012 at 09:29.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

no such luck, says game cd is incompatible. i tried different bios, isos, virtual drives, and different versions of ssf. but alas it either says cd incompatible or open tray after opening video. a single tear fall from my cheek. thanks in advance for any help being thrown in my direction.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's not the bios files it's the settings that need changed

disc uncompatible problem is easy to solve the open tray after the fmv is not though, for now stick to what is known to work

version 011 Alpha r5 of ssf

If you get the uncompatible error then you need to change the country settings in ssf (this is not changing the bios image file)

To do the above click...

Option(O) then Option(O) then you can change the region setup, you will want to set ip to "America, Canada, Brazil"

The game version you want is the NTSC-U version sometimes labled (U)

(U) = USA
    (E) = Europe (usually english but can be French, German or any other european languge)
    (J) = Japan

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

still no luck, time for ritual suicide

Thanks
    EP Points

Not for nothing, but I heard that everyone has a problem with that game with SSF. Google it and maybe someone came up with a fix.
    I'm listening but I don't hear very much...

Thanks

thats what led me here. i could never figure out satourne, plugins are hard to find and very custom. i dunno. back to my fantastic ritual suicide

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I had a lil play with the PAL version of the game in the latest version of SSF

[I have the PAL version because I play my Saturn games on a Saturn Model 1 using a swop/swap trick]

It worked fine for me, default settings, only things I changed are the drive to use, that of the Daemon Tools Drive instead of my internal drive of my laptop, the bios I linked up correctly, the region to Europe, because I'm running the PAL version, after changing any setting you do need to shut the emulator down and start it again from windows though for the settings to be set

I do admin that I skipped the FMV though the first time [START = skip FMV] but I have done a second test watching every FMV (there is far too much) and it still works fine (only played a lil after I got the dragon and ended up back from flying mode to walking mode, hopefully enough to get you started anyway)

[If you messed on with the settings prior to trying the game just remove the Settings.ini file and the Settings/Saturn/MK81307*.ini or the Settings/Saturn/81307*.ini, this will let you set everything from scratch, do not forget to close the emulator after changing the setup to save the changes]
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-September-2012 at 09:07.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]