Thread: epsxe problems.WHYYYYY MEEEEEEE

Thanks

Default epsxe problems.WHYYYYY MEEEEEEE

Alright, so this is really weird:

Naturally I use ds3tool to have my ps3 sixaxis controller work as a controller for epsxe. for a while it's been going good. Last night I was playing some grandia and this morning I start it back up to find that my controller isnt working. But that isnt even the strange part, I boot up project64 to see if the problem is here as well yet project64 picks up the controller just fine. I go into the config for epsxe and find that it picks up every button except the L2 and R2 buttons. I switch ds3 tool mode from "playstation 2 pcsx2" to "playstation 2 (POV, joysticks)" and now everything including the L2 and R2 buttons seem to work YET when I boot up any game on epsxe, nothing works...

I tried googling this problem but I dont think anyone is really going through the same problem im going through right now.

turns out the keyboard wont even work
    Last edited by Milady; 15th-August-2012 at 19:12. Reason: Please use the edit button, rather than double posting.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Remember that if the game is digital only and you got the pad in analog or dualshock you have to press F5 in the emulator to enable the digital mode.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gladiator (psx datacenter) View Post
    Remember that if the game is digital only and you got the pad in analog or dualshock you have to press F5 in the emulator to enable the digital mode.
    *analog mode

Also note his issue also includes his L2 and R2 buttons, an entirely different issue.

To the OP: Have you tried redownloading the emulator and replacing the files you currently have with the newly downloaded ones? If there is a stray configuration file having issues this could potentially fix it.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Why use anything other then motionjoy for PS3 controllers?

How to Use a PS3 Controller on a PC

Thats the best tutorial for setting up MotionJoy on a PC I've seen. I haven't had any trouble with it at all! Why don't you give it a try instead?

"When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime", freedom and liberty have become words without meanings."
    ~ Chad Dumier, "Deus Ex"

Thanks

motionjoy = ds3 tool. it downloads as motionjoy but the program says "ds3 tool" when you open it up.

i tried redownloading the emulator but the controls still didnt work. could it be the BIOS thats the problem? im also running off epsxe 1.5.2 btw if that helps

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Old Skool Ghoul View Post
    motionjoy = ds3 tool. it downloads as motionjoy but the program says "ds3 tool" when you open it up.

i tried redownloading the emulator but the controls still didnt work. could it be the BIOS thats the problem? im also running off epsxe 1.5.2 btw if that helps
    I can't imagine why the BIOS file would be the issue, assuming you're using the US bios for US games (SCPH1001). That's actually a fairly outdated version of the emulator however.

I would try ePSXe 1.7, which you can get here; http://www.epsxe.com/files/epsxe170.zip . If you get an error something along the lines of "zlib1.dll is missing etc", download the missing .dll file and simply extract it to the same directory as epsxe.exe. You can find that file here; http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?zlib1 . Make sure you use the grey "Download Zip File" button near the bottom, not the orange "Download zlib1.dll fixer" above it.

Let me know if this fixes the issue.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"