Thread: Final Fantasy X International Crash Fix Question

Thanks

Default Final Fantasy X International Crash Fix Question

I have the game FFX International (SLPS 25800) backup. I am using a Swap Magic with my PS2 Slim. The game worked fine until i reached Sin. Where players usually get stuck. I AM NOT USING AN EMULATOR. Anyway if I Buy the actual FFX International game ( legit real copy). Import it and load it up, will it bypass the error?

Yes i am willing to buy the game to bypass an error. That and its a great game i like it more than my NA version. SO purchasing it would not be a problem for me. BUt i dont want to buy a game i could never progress in.
    I found a video on youtube somebody with the same exact problem as me but no solution was found in the comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95BM0tiZHVI

Thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

yeah what you can do is what i did on an emulator... get the original international version enter sin save the game and then carry on, i had the exact same issue as you i downloaded a copy of it i can send it to you if you like?

EDIT:
    Mediafire upload is here

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Last edited by Bennieboi20; 15th-August-2012 at 19:04.
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    yeah what you can do is what i did on an emulator... get the original international version enter sin save the game and then carry on, i had the exact same issue as you i downloaded a copy of it i can send it to you if you like?

EDIT:
    Mediafire upload is here

http://www.mediafire.com/#6rc4rr1ci0441
    [/code]
    my computer wont let me run ps2 games. =/ thats why im wondering if i bought the game could i bypass it.
    even if i can get ahold of the game on the computer. how would i get my save file from my memory card to the computer then back to the ps2

Thanks
    EP Points

Since you already have Swap Magic, you can easily install FMCB yourself. There is a guide for SwapMagic Here.
    Once that is installed, you can easily move save game files from your PS2 to your USB Flash drive, then on to your computer and vice versa with uLaunchELF.

EDIT: And even if your computer can only go at like 10 FPS (just turn off the sound to save your ears), you can probably still get past that part, save, transfer, and continue.

EDIT2: And if you want, you can try it out using ESR.
    Last edited by Alakazander; 15th-August-2012 at 22:14.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks

Ok ill try that. But if I do buy the actual game ffx international. Would it still bypass that glitch. I actually do want to buy the game and own it. I am using a NA ps2 slim.
    Pretty much want the actual game for collection purposes.

Thanks
    EP Points

Depending on the model and version number of his slim PS2 (basically, when it was made) he may not be able to run FMCB. Newer slims are incompatible, with or without Swap Magic to install it.

Thanks

yes i have the newest slim... i forget the model number (ps2 is not on me at this moment) which is why im wondering if i just buy the game will it work. lol

Thanks

EDIT:
    Mediafire upload is here

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    could i possibly bring the save from my ps2 card to the ps3, transfer the save to a flash drive. Do the emulator method. And then move the new save from the flash drive to the ps3 and back to my ps2 card?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Link0373 View Post
    my computer wont let me run ps2 games. =/ thats why im wondering if i bought the game could i bypass it.
    even if i can get ahold of the game on the computer. how would i get my save file from my memory card to the computer then back to the ps2
    no need just burn it to a disc....
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

no need just burn it to a disc....
    i just re-downloaded the game. reburned it and my god it worked. Im now in sin and ready to beat up the final boss. Thanks =D