Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pokemon Game Hack

Thanks

Default New Pokemon Game Hack

So, I recently came across a few tools for editing maps and text of certain ROMs. Obviously, Pokemon is always a popular choice. So that being said, I'm about to start making a new Pokemon hack. problem is, I have no idea where to go with it. Orange Islands was already taken and there isn't many other Pokemon story lines to go off of that have not already been taken. I was thinking play as Prof. Oak as a kid... but that's a little lame I think... Idk. any ideas??? Keep in mind it has to be a Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red or Leaf Green hack. But what should the story line be??? Any suggestions?

Thanks

The young oak story seem funny. Maybe the story will be nearly like the normal one, just 40 years back in time, so the tecnologies, dresses, buildings will be 20's-30's style. For the storyline i think will be funny if you face a young Giovanni , in the role of the rival, and a sort of pre team rocket, maybe lead by Giovanni's mentor (or parent).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RadicalDreamer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That would actually be really cool. I was also thinking for that one the last pokemon u would catch would be Celebi but have the option to catch them all! But still with old technology. That could be really fun!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJEldest View Post
    So, I recently came across a few tools for editing maps and text of certain ROMs. Obviously, Pokemon is always a popular choice. So that being said, I'm about to start making a new Pokemon hack. problem is, I have no idea where to go with it. Orange Islands was already taken and there isn't many other Pokemon story lines to go off of that have not already been taken. I was thinking play as Prof. Oak as a kid... but that's a little lame I think... Idk. any ideas??? Keep in mind it has to be a Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red or Leaf Green hack. But what should the story line be??? Any suggestions?
    that "Young Oak" story sounds cool. i can test it if you like.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GunSlinger Boy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That would be awesome!!! Ill probably post the games on a forum for download once they are done! But ill send u the first copy so u can let me kno if it works or not, i dont want a chaos black problem on my hands lol =P

Thanks
    EP Points

Medieval Pokemon? Just a suggestion. :3
    As every thread of gold is valuable, so is every moment of time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZuNinja View Post
    Medieval Pokemon? Just a suggestion. :3
    That would be kinda cool, but what could the story line be???

Thanks

That would be awesome!!! Ill probably post the games on a forum for download once they are done! But ill send u the first copy so u can let me kno if it works or not, i dont want a chaos black problem on my hands lol =P
    i'd love to help out!

That would be kinda cool, but what could the story line be???
    pretty sure that time-travel has already been done.... maybe make up new Poke'Mon?

sorry for the double post
    Last edited by Milady; 15th-August-2012 at 22:24. Reason: If you KNOW you're not allowed to double post, why do you still do it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GunSlinger Boy View Post
    pretty sure that time-travel has already been done.... maybe make up new Poke'Mon?

sorry for the double post
    post all u want yo!
    That could be a problem, i have no iea how to make avatars for NEW pokemon, if there is a program u kno of I can use please tell me id love to make new Pokemon!

Thanks

post all u want yo!
    That could be a problem, i have no iea how to make avatars for NEW pokemon, if there is a program u kno of I can use please tell me id love to make new Pokemon!
    a sprite editor would work, in lieu of that Paint.net COULD work...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196143
    http://www.4shared.com/file/Py7Pw1nv...orld_Spri.html
    http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question...4073421AANaD30
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afXicc6YYvM
    http://computerszine.com/how-to-edit...tes-onto-a-rom

all those are the top results when i looked up "Pokemon Sprite Editor"

Thanks

thanks yo! That will come in handy!

Thanks
    EP Points

I was also thinking for that one the last pokemon u would catch would be Celebi but have the option to catch them all! But still with old technology. That could be really fun!
    Hate to "hijack" the thread but on a related note, do any of you happen to know of a rom hack for any of the GBA pokemon games that let you catch all of the 1st through 3rd gen pokemon on the one rom, rather than having to trade for them? More specifically, one that brings all of the "version exclusive" wild pokemon to the same game?
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Hate to "hijack" the thread but on a related note, do any of you happen to know of a rom hack for any of the GBA pokemon games that let you catch all of the 1st through 3rd gen pokemon on the one rom, rather than having to trade for them? More specifically, one that brings all of the "version exclusive" wild pokemon to the same game?
    So far i havnt come across any ROMS like that, except for ones I cant seem to find like Pokemon Legends and stuff like that... I want to make a ROM to catch em all. But the link for other Pokemon ROMS is: http://wahackpokemon.com/en/

The site is poorly translated but it gets the job done!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DJEldest For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well I managed to get together all the programs I need to make this game... But the text editor will not open >.< WTF!!! any suggestions with a text editor that will work thats not Hex or Advance Text?

Thanks

19. The Following User Says Thank You to GunSlinger Boy For This Useful Post: