Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is the best deal you have ever gotten on a game or collectible

Thanks
    EP Points

Default what is the best deal you have ever gotten on a game or collectible

(or anything you need to buy)

i got Earthbound for $3 and a figure of Cloud with Fenrir (motorcycle) for $5

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

I bought 6 Dreamcasts at the local pawn shop for $5 each, and sold them for $20 each

Thanks
    EP Points

I bought a PAL copy of Star Ocean 2 for maybe ten pounds out of a second hand store, and sold it on years later for somewhere around fifty. I also found an original PS1 copy of Persona 2: Innocent Sin in a Japanese store for about 300 yen (about £2 at the time), which used to make a pretty penny on English ebay. It would probably make a lot less now with the PSP rerelease being in English, though.

Oh, and this one is kind of cheating, but when an exploit was found in Lumines that allowed you to install custom firmware on PSPs, I jumped on it really quickly and went and bought about six cheap copies of it from stores here. Each one cost me maybe five pounds, and I sold them all for between ten and twenty each. Meaning that I essentially made fifty pounds for doing nothing, and also modded my own PSP into the bargain.

Thanks

lot of cool stuff here

seven bucks for Twilight Princess.
    5.50 for Perfect Dark
    90 for a black Wii with Skyward Sword, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Wii Sports, and everything.
    80 for an N64, F-Zero: X, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, a fighting game, a football game, a rumble pak, two memory cards, an expansion pak, and a controller.
    ten for a gamecube with gameboy player i'm gonna start modding.
    ZERO for a copy of Sonic 2.
    again, ZERO for a Gamecube, two controllers, five games, and two memory cards.
    three or two bucks for Rogue Squadron N64
    5 bucks for a GBA and one game
    ZERO for Poke'Mon Red

Thanks
    EP Points

Chu Chu Rocket for a FMCB Ps2 from Gypsy.

Thanks
    EP Points

I got a box of Atari 2600 games for $2 at a thrift store.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've mentioned some of these before but...

Earthbound/Chrono Trigger/Castlevania Dracula X for $2 each at the same garage sale.

Just going to include amazon links for these anime sets since most of you won't know value.

$28 for this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used
    $28 for this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used
    $21 for this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used
    $15 for this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used
    $22 for this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used
    This for $12.50: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used
    This for $15: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used
    This for $23: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used (worth about $50 imo, but it's at one of the awkward amazon times where there are only copies people won't pay for available, there's a rerelease coming which will drop the value but I'm happy with what I paid for it)

I also suppose buying some of the NISA online only LEs at retail was a total steal as well.

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow. Those are good deals. I got two plushes for $20 on Amazon.

Thanks
    EP Points

4 full boxes of Zelda twilight princess trading cards for $17 each, opened ALL the packs and sold off one complete base set and 4 of the 9 promo gold cards for $30 each

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

10 bucks for one of the Enders, back when it cost about 120 bucks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Dark times. I got Disgaea for about $40 when it was going for $70-80 and ended up selling it for like $110. I rebought it after the reprint for like $9.

Thanks
    EP Points

$12 for MGS3 brand new at a local department store, always thought it was a little odd they'd be selling such a high profile game so cheap. Of course this was after it had been out 3-4 months. Still a damn good deal.

Also, $10 for a sega saturn with one controller and its cords at goodwill, other than needing a replacement save battery it works perfectly. That place is awesome
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

i dont think there are any goodwill stores near me... there is a salvation army and value village but Salvation just has clothes i think (never went in)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    i dont think there are any goodwill stores near me... there is a salvation army and value village but Salvation just has clothes i think (never went in)
    Value Village, iirc, usually has a whole assortment of stuff from clothes to household items to electronics. Sometimes they get some neat stuff (got an old polaroid camera there once with film for like, $8), never saw much as far as video games go though.

Never know what you might find though, always worth a look.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

need to stop by my local thrift store to see if they have an N64 or small LCD TV