Thread: Unable to save on ePSXe

Thanks

Question Unable to save on ePSXe

I just downloaded the ePXSe emulator to play Darkstone Evil Reign on my PC, which is running Windows 7. After several hours of tweaking the graphics to get the FPS rate correct to run the game properly, I realized that I'm unable to save my game. When I press F1, and I look at the (no idea what the technical term is) black screen which looks a lot like DOS, it reads:
    *SPU plugin doesn't support savestates.
    *SaveState Done!

Help please!
    If you could please avoid technical jargon in replies, that would be extremely helpful as I'm not particularly computer savvy. Thanks in advance!

Thanks

Ok, I seem to have figured out what was going on. Apparently this particular game does not support the emulater's saves, but it does save and load when done through the main game's system. Delete this thread if you like.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Katrinia Shepeard View Post
    When I press F1, and I look at the (no idea what the technical term is) black screen which looks a lot like DOS, it reads:
    *SPU plugin doesn't support savestates.
    *SaveState Done!
    The SPU plugin mentioned would be your sound plugin. I've never actually heard of sound plugins causing issues with saves but I guess it is possible. I'm guessing hitting F3 didn't load said save state even though it said SaveState done?

Also if you're using ePSXe 1.6 you might give 1.7 a try, it has a lot of bugfixes that may be helpful.

I realize you've already found a sufficient solution, just figure I'd see if I could help with the savestate issue anyway. Not being able to do savestates (especially in RPGs) has always irked me.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"