Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: So what's your guilty pleasure?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default So what's your guilty pleasure?

Yeah, as the title says - is there something you greatly enjoy, even though deep down you know that you really shouldn't? If there is, why do you enjoy it? This can be anything, video games, TV shows, music, anime, books, whatever. Up to you. That's why I'm posting this in F4A.

So, time to share your embarrassing secrets. Go!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't think most of mine can be said on here...also, I feel no guilt so I'm not sure if they count.

Spoiler warning: I'm a baaad boy.
    Spoiler warning:
    Milk squirting.

Thanks
    EP Points

none unless you count only liking soundtracks rather than most actual music

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    none unless you count only liking soundtracks rather than most actual music
    Wait. That's a guilty pleasure
    *I do that too*

Now my Guilty Pleasure/Secret.....
    Spoiler warning:
    My unnatural love and collection for all things that has a Skull on it

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    EP Points

An obsession with wolves, i guess? I don't really consider it a guilty pleasure, nor anything else.

Thanks
    EP Points

Right, I'll show you guys how to do this:

Number 1! Haiyore Nyaruko-san, the anime. I obviously watched this because I'm a big fan of HPL's works so I just had to see how Japan could butcher it. It's the sort of thing that should not be watched, yet you cannot look away. And I'm truly ashamed to admit that I'm actually looking forward to a second season, if there will be one.

Number 2! The Big Bang Theory. I keep watching it even though sometimes it's just not funny at all. But you know, old habits die hard, so I find myself tuning in to all the latest episodes anyway.

Number 3! My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Do I really need to explain this?

Number 4! Another anime: Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon. The guiltiest of all guilty pleasures that somehow ended up being one of my favorite anime series, and I'm not even sure how that happened. Despite its sheer and utter weirdness, I'm just drawn to this show like crazy. It's a weird mix of a great variety of things and uses a rather complex, already-established world with a rich history as its setting. And it still manages to deliver some pretty powerful/emotional scenes that you would not expect from a show like this. The result is nothing quite like anything I've seen before in anime. Or at least something you don't see too often. That alone piqued my interest.
    Last edited by Gare; 3rd-August-2012 at 23:06.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Number 3! My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Do I really need to explain this?
    He's a brony

Well let's see..... a safe secret...........
    I cosplay on occasion.
    Usually as game characters though.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    He's a brony

Well let's see..... a safe secret...........
    I cosplay on occasion.
    Usually as game characters though.
    I hate that term, so I would like you to not call me that. Not to mention, aren't bronies supposed to be the hardcore fans? I don't care that much about the show.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I like the smell of my own farts.
    And I never hold them back, no matter where I am

Thanks
    EP Points

Dunyayi Kurtaran Adam

BEST. MOVIE. EVER

Thanks
    EP Points

Pretty much all of my guilty pleasures aren't so guilty these days. Everyone who knows me knows that I have all the emotional maturity of a ten year old, with all the stuffed animal collecting and magical girl anime watching that that entails, and I've realised over the years that being a grown up doesn't necessarily mean having to be completely... er... grown up. Without going into the gory details, recent developments in my life have also made certain things I used to be ashamed of... kind of okay to enjoy. So there's that.

There are a few things that I'm still a tad reluctant to admit that I like, though:

Ar Tonelico
    I love the world and the music, but good lord is some of the fanservice embarrassing and creepy. :'D To the point where I actually couldn't even make myself play the third game.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    Or... er... Les Amies C'est Magique, I guess, being that I watched it in French. I started watching it to practise my French listening because I knew it was quite popular and would be easy to find, and I still use language practice as an excuse, but honestly it's pretty cute and fun, and I'd probably be watching it now even if there were no French dub. Have only seen most of the first series so far, but it's safe to say that I'm a convert. And that I'm not particularly happy about that fact given that it's a show based on a line of toys that I thought I was above when I was seven. :'D

Shannon Hale
    Some fantasy author who writes very twelve year old girl-centric fiction. She's won various awards, so I guess it's not that guilty a pleasure, but it's pretty undeniable that her books are meant for an audience half my age. And when you have a book called "Princess Academy" on your shelf with a purple spine and pretty gold lettering, it's kind of hard not to feel like you're one step away from playing with Barbie.

Football
    There's nothing wrong with liking football here in Britain. Unless you're a dorky, introverted, video game obsessed girl like me. Then it nets you some very strange looks. Especially when you can talk about obscure players in almost every league in the world and reel off large lists of statistics at will. Sometimes I'll whip out my football knowledge as a party trick to surprise people who don't know me very well, but generally I just keep it quiet to avoid awkwardness.

Thanks
    EP Points

I remember watching this one clip of Ar Tonelico 3 on Youtube. Felt like I needed to take a shower right after that. And I even tend to like/not mind fanservice!

Thanks
    EP Points

I like cute stuff. There I said it. I watch My Little Pony: Friendship is magic. I love plushes. I have three, but I want to expand it. I listen to New wave, J-pop, and Air, Pulp, things like that. I have a lot of socks that have frogs, rainbows, and other cute things on them. Yes, some of them are pink.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsco View Post
    I don't think most of mine can be said on here...also, I feel no guilt so I'm not sure if they count.

Spoiler warning: I'm a baaad boy.

Thanks
    EP Points

13-year old girls

Seriously though I have a soft spot for transformers and even at 34 I'm known to still buy one from time to time. I know there are collectors of such things at any age but I'm not one of them. I just pick them up because they look interesting and they're a great fidget toy when you're watching TV etc.

I also once in awhile still build something out of LEGO.

Other than the drinking and occasional recreational drug use that's pretty much it.

Oh and like hell I'd post anything really secret! So this will have to do.