Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Universe discussion

Thanks

Default Sonic Universe discussion

for discussion about the various universes in the Sonic The Hedgehog Franchise.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GunSlinger Boy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

If you think your thread is important, why don't you start posting some content yourself?
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 3rd-August-2012 at 00:37.

Thanks

here goes:

Quote Originally Posted by Fist Of Tulkas View Post
    Bonus question:
    Why don't you ever just lock up / arrest / imprison Sonic? I know GUN's prison island and your Egg Carrier didn't hold Sonic or Amy, but both were due to outside forces (Sonic's allies and a malfunctioning robot respectively).
    Attachment 33538 ... I was bored so I made the image like an 8-Bit RPG. When I get bored, I doodle.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunSlinger Boy View Post
    Tails can fly, Knux could bash those lasers with his claws, Gamma, Omega, Scourge, Shadow, Rouge, Sally Acorn, Silver, Zonic, any of the Chaotix or Freedom Fighters, even the Destructix and Scourge's people would get them out!

also, the good doctor would not be able to have any fun if he did that. because a life without Sonic is a boring one indeed.

that's just my opinion.

is there a Zorro in you universe?

He has robots who can fly. The lasers were just a representation, not a suggestion. Besides, he can't get at the generators if they are embedded within 2 feet of steel or whatever metal he uses in construction. Gamma self-destructed. Omega can be shut down. Shadow, Rouge, and the Chaotix are biological and thus can be stopped by various gasses (or lack thereof). Silver is also biological and in another dimension/time. Scourge, Sally Acorn, Zonic, the Freedom Fighters, the Destructix and Scourge's gang are all in a completely different set of dimensions. This Robotnik is the one you see in the games (more or less).

A life without Sonic may be boring, but he can accomplish his goals. Remember the trope: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...uJustShootHim?

Gamma sacrificed himself to save Shadow and he transferred his personality or whatever into Omega to make him more.... i don't know, human?

Knux can and has done worse. besides, if they're anywhere NEAR Excalibur, The Master Emerald, 50 rings, or 7 Chaos Emeralds (or the extra-dimensional equvalant thereof) Knux, Sonic, and anyone else nearby with a super-form goes super. Silver is in another time, but he has shown he can move through them at will and can also look into the past. Shadow.... is complicated. Chaos blast can set them free, and if they use something like the Enerjak transformation on Knux, Eggman's stuff don't stand a single chance.
    one more thing, there's a whole lot of dimensional crossover in all the series. therefore everyone i listed is viable as a rescuer of Amy, Tails, Knux and Sonic. not to mention the fact that Sonic's Spindash has cut through miles of metal and the fact that i don't think the good doctor could even catch Sonic, even if he got ahold of the other three.

2) I'm not from your iteration of Earth. Of course I missed it. I wasn't there. This is why I couldn't just go out of my house (or city) and just walk up to one of the Item TV boxes or the capsules. Also: sliced bread isn't brilliant. Whenever people compare themselves to sliced bread, I picture something vaguely interested but quickly going stale and almost as quickly becoming disgusted with it. Not the best thing to be compared to. ... I overthink comparisons.
    4) If the Chaos Emeralds are the Super Emeralds and were not very powerful... then what was going on with them while Knuckles' ancestors fought CHAOS and created the Gizoids? Not to mention "Sonic 1" and SegaSonic.
    5) That reminds me of another question: The Blue Emerald paradox/loop during the undone Soleanna thing. What are your thoughts on that? Besides "I need an aspirin." I loathe time travel paradoxes.

Bonus) Thanks. I wanted to emulate an 8 Bit RPG, so I shortened everyone's names. Including the unseen party member who you'd get by reprogramming one of the mass robots behind your character. I even went and thought out some general ideas for the fake RPG.

SONIC (Sonic) ... High AGI (Agility). First party character.
    TAILS (Tails) SONIC's best friend. High TEK (MP/Special Attack Points). Second party character.
    KNUCK (Knuckles) Guardian from Angel Island. High ATK (Attack). Ex-Boss; Fourth party character.
    ROSEY (Rosey Rascal) Fortune-telling Fangirl. High LCK (Luck). Third party character.
    ROBOB (Robot Blue) Reprogrammed ROBOR. High DEF (Defense). Optional (fifth) party character.
    ROBOR (Robot Red) Common Enemy.
    MSONK (Metal Sonic) Boss. High AGI.
    RBTNK (Robotnik) Boss. High LCK.
    you're incorporating the Rosie The Rascal from Archie Sonic's Mirror Zone

Gamma blew up after finishing its self-programmed directive to save the rest of the E-100 series robots. It released the bird (Flicky?) that was inside it. ... you're talking about the comics, arn't you? Also: Gamma appeared before Shadow. Sure you're not thinking of Omega?

Excalibur is from a story book. That was not real. Also, we're talking about physical contact not mystical energies. Besides, we're talking about the SEGA game characters, not the Archie Comic characters.

Cutscene Power. Gameplay and Story segregation.
    Nope. Rosey the Rascal is the older name of Amy Rose from the early Sonic games.
    fine, believe what you will, in the event they were captured, they'd get out. they always do.
    They will. It's part of the laws of Heroics and Villainy. It doesn't mean that he can't win before they do.
    Mephiles killed Sonic in '06, yet we still have Sonic games
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ivo Robotnik View Post
    Yes, because my aim isn't to take over the world, but to have fun.

Clearly.

Also, Scourge, Sally, Zonic, and pretty much the entirety of the Freedom Fighters, Destructix (who came up with that name on that team anyway? They deserve slapping), and so on? They're still from another dimension. Also, half of that list hate Sonic.

And no, there's not. Zorro is still fictional.

Mildly more sensible, but-

Hang on, more replies.

Seriously, when did this turn into a tea party? Also, it was Gamma to Omega, and still the Archie dimension, which is not this one! Do I have to repeat this every single blasted second?

Also, Shadow is complicated? He's the most flat, boring idiot I've ever had the displeasure to work with!

But seriously, all of this happened in the alternate dimension chronicled by Archie.

Not. Here.

This is, regrettably, true.

- Of course you're not from this iteration of earth. That's why you're on this forum. Oh wait. And the sliced bread comparison was, admittedly, weak, but still.
    - Oh, I never said the Chaos Emeralds were depowered constantly. They were depowered for a short time. I'm just not sure what caused it.
    - That's mostly because most events from that stupid situation were erased from time. Not many facts remained, so SEGA tried their hands at writing their own idea of what must've happened.

I think I prefer it if they just chronicled events...

- Sounds mildly amusing, but I'd have high INT, not LCK. If I had a large amount of Luck, I'd... well, have won already.

Okay, enough of this. This isn't "talk about random universe trivia".

Yeah, that was a pretty decent construct. It got destroyed during the actual events though, SEGA just couldn't work it in, so they sort of... left it there.

And thanks for that. If I reach 100 pages, it'd be nice if it were through questions, not random rambling.

1 - Yes. Reasonably amusing films.
    2 - Well, it seems a bit dull to never visit one's real estate, wouldn't it?
    3 - That information is classified. If only because I'm sensitive about my age.

A video message.

And no. Good grief no.

Although, admittedly, if Eggman Nega's claims to be from the future hold water, then I apparently will have, eventually. Not something I want to consider at present.
    yeeeaaahhhh, but that same half that hates Sonic doesn't have much of a love for you either, and Scourge sorta considers Sonic his brother and well..... he's screwed up, not exactly predictable.

destructix? yeah, i hate that name too.
    i fixed the Gamma-Gamma thing. idk WHY i did that
    yes, Shadow is complicated. he's one of the most complicated members of the Sonic universe. if you want me to explain you clearly haven't been around for that past decade or so.

ima go start a thread in "free 4 all" dedicated to Sonic arguments.

all this content is ripped from the "Ask Doctor Robotnik!" thread, but it's all relevant.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GunSlinger Boy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

If it's already there, there's no need to create a thread to re-post it here...

Thanks

i was just moving it so the discussion can continue in a dedicated thread.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GunSlinger Boy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

so... what IS the point of this thread? usually when people make a thread there is something specific they want to discuss

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

this is for discussion about events in the Sonic The Hedgehog franchise Multiverse

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GunSlinger Boy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Sonic was cool twenty years ago.

Now people like furries and CWC have turned him and his friends into the stuff of nightmares.

Perhaps you should take the first step in "continuing" your "discussion" by composing a post with actual content.

Thanks

ok, Sonic The Hedgehog is an excellent game.

your job to guess which one i'm talking about.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GunSlinger Boy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post

now tell me why it's terrible.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to GunSlinger Boy For This Useful Post:

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

now tell me why it's terrible.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Explains itself doesn't it

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    Explains itself doesn't it
    nope. i intended this for in-depth discussion about Sonic games, comics, and shows.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to GunSlinger Boy For This Useful Post:

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

nope. i intended this for in-depth discussion about Sonic games, comics, and shows.
    Sorry dude that was my fault.

I basically butthurt over sonic so much because I grew up on it, only for more recent titles to crap all over the franchise and by extension, my childhood. Not sure which one it was, I remember you could choose a number of characters. May have been sonic and nuckles, but anyway it was the first bit of gaming I ever did, me and my mam used to play it. The next after that was on the gameboy advanced, don't remember the name but I remember you could find chao's in each level for some sort of a bonus that eludes my memory now. That to me was a great title. After that I bought unleashed, and played it for a day and then never looked at it again. That ruined it for me. I have just bought generations though. So fingers crossed it brings it back for me.

Oh I also really enjoyed Sonic adventure when it came out, but I bought the DX on psn and have to say it hasn't aged well.