Thread: PCSX2 come on guys! get real already! this program not work well!

Thanks

Angry PCSX2 come on guys! get real already! this program not work well!

Just tell us what compability for better play pcsx2 on computer. my laptop.. sony VAIO E series Intel core i3-380M processor 2.53 GHz,windows & 64 bit
    ,with memory RAM 4G, Virtual CARD Ati RAdeon premium HD5470.. still can't play pcsx2.. of course the game running.. but it slow motion.. just tell us what compability of PC and windows for better result on play pcsx2.. my laptop can play 3d game well like pc game final fantasy X pc verison.. resident evil 4 pc verison.. but this pcsx2.. event plsy fate unlimited code it run slow motion... i think its not work well!
    Last edited by rot4ry; 25th-July-2012 at 06:44.

Thanks
    EP Points

You have the exactly same laptop as me

The fact is, that it is not the emulator's fault, but your specs'. PS2 Emulation is a demanding process. You would need a much better laptop to run demanding games like Fate/Unlimited (~3 Ghz dual-core is the minimum I think).

You could always try googling for PCSX2 SVN builds and download the latest one then try to activate all recommended speedhacks, but don't expect miracles.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SOLDIERSeeD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SOLDIERSeeD View Post
    You have the exactly same laptop as me

The fact is, that it is not the emulator's fault, but your specs'. PS2 Emulation is a demanding process. You would need a much better laptop to run demanding games like Fate/Unlimited (~3 Ghz dual-core is the minimum I think).

You could always try googling for PCSX2 SVN builds and download the latest one then try to activate all recommended speedhacks, but don't expect miracles.
    Quote Originally Posted by rot4ry View Post
    Just tell us what compability for better play pcsx2 on computer. my laptop.. sony VAIO E series Intel core i3-380M processor 2.53 GHz,windows & 64 bit
    ,with memory RAM 4G, Virtual CARD Ati RAdeon premium HD5470.. still can't play pcsx2.. of course the game running.. but it slow motion.. just tell us what compability of PC and windows for better result on play pcsx2.. my laptop can play 3d game well like pc game final fantasy X pc verison.. resident evil 4 pc verison.. but this pcsx2.. event plsy fate unlimited code it run slow motion... i think its not work well!
    I also have a similar laptop to both of you, and I get slow emulation as well (with GTA San Andreas), maybe an i7 is probably 45-55 fps, but as SOLDIERSeeD has said, it's just the computer specs. This also happens with gamecube and Xbox games as well.

Thanks
    EP Points

Don't blame your computer, blame the emulator. You maybe able to play games like GTA San Andreas in your computer smoothly, but the opposite happen when you play via emulator (PCSX2).
    This is because the emulator don't work as a computer but it work as an emulator in your computer which mean it demanding a lot from your computer. Of course, buying more powerful computer may solve your problem but there is no point of wasting your money. If you do so, you're basically wasting your money buying expensive computer in order to run games that was made 5-10 years ago, via emulator. Whereas you can instead buy a PS2 console with a way cheaper price without any concern whether the game will run or not. Your choice.

Thanks

It's both the computer and the emulator at fault here, actually. I think people are rather ambitious with emulation and want current systems to be perfectly emulated now, when some emulators still have issues with certain games from even the 16-bit era. The consoles now are really strong and aren't able to be emulated easily. It will simply take a few more years for the correct tech to be on the ball with the world of emulation of these newer machines.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Muscab View Post
    Don't blame your computer, blame the emulator. You maybe able to play games like GTA San Andreas in your computer smoothly, but the opposite happen when you play via emulator (PCSX2).
    This is because the emulator don't work as a computer but it work as an emulator in your computer which mean it demanding a lot from your computer. Of course, buying more powerful computer may solve your problem but there is no point of wasting your money. If you do so, you're basically wasting your money buying expensive computer in order to run games that was made 5-10 years ago, via emulator. Whereas you can instead buy a PS2 console with a way cheaper price without any concern whether the game will run or not. Your choice.

Yeah the only benefits of having a PC that powerful for emulation is that you could smooth out the PS2 games' resolution and most likely decrease loading times. I like that sort of thing but I ended up buying a Test PS2 that plays any region and back-ups.

Edit: And just modding a regular one would give you the same abilities for less money.
    Last edited by Andy_Jerk; 31st-July-2012 at 09:09.