Thread: FF 10-2 International+Last Mission FMV problem

Thanks

Default FF 10-2 International+Last Mission FMV problem

When I tried to start up ff 10-2 for the first time I usually get flickering and I messed around with the setting to see if it can help but it doesnt. I have been looking around the web but I still cannot figure out the problem. I'm hoping someone here knows the cause and can tell me what to do. Computer info Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name SHANAISLAPTOP
    System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    System Model HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.44, 12/13/2011
    SMBIOS Version 2.7
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale Japan
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
    User Name ShanaisLaptop\Shanai's Laptop
    Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 3.48 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.44 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 6.95 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 4.20 GB
    Page File Space 3.48 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    No matter how many of the pcsx2 setting I change it doesnt help. Really need the help please and thank you.

Thanks
    EP Points

That's a common problem with FFX-2 that hasn't been fixed as of yet. You can press F9 to toggle software mode on when a FMV starts which will display it correctly but you may take a performance hit.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SOLDIERSeeD View Post
    That's a common problem with FFX-2 that hasn't been fixed as of yet. You can press F9 to toggle software mode on when a FMV starts which will display it correctly but you may take a performance hit.
    Oops, I'm sorry mods for the double-post. It was an unintentional mistake, please delete it

Thanks

How will it affect my performance with my laptop and can I set with the emulator? My fkeys are set with this computer program like the volume for example.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hurumi View Post
    How will it affect my performance with my laptop and can I set with the emulator? My fkeys are set with this computer program like the volume for example.
    Well, software mode means that graphics will be rendered by your CPU alone which means that it will have to process more information than in hardware mode where your graphics rendering is done by your GPU. More load on CPU = slower emulation speed. Since you have a laptop and on top of that, an AMD CPU, don't expect fluent gameplay.
    As for the f-keys I think you don't have to set them since they are automatically in use when you start PCSX2, but I could be wrong. Just try hitting F9 when the flickering starts and tell me if it works or not

Thanks

Tried it not by fkey set it within the emulator it look good still slow. Can the emulator play any faster to normal speed? I know it sort of off topic but I have been wondering how to increase the speed is there even a way?

Thanks
    EP Points

Download the latest SVN of PCSX2 on the main site and activate MTVU hack on the GSDX config menu to get a FPS boost since you have a Quad-core. And if you haven't already, check all recommended speedhacks. BTW, the FMV is the most demanding part of FFX-2 emulation so after that, switch back to GSDX Hardware mode to increase performance.

Thanks
    EP Points

ok, I have a question that is somewhat related to this topic. with 4 and six cores, as I have a laptop with 4 cores and a desktop with 6 cores, how would adding additional rendering threads affect games such as this and other rpgs? that and how many extra rendering threads would you recommend for a 4 and 6 core? i'm talking about the setting in the gsdx configuration.
    Intel I-7 Quad core 4790k 4.0ghz
    Geforce GTX 760 4GB GPU, SC
    Cooler Master 850 Gold PSU
    Z97-AR motherboard
    16 gigs RAM
    Cooler Master 932 HAF - Full sized tower

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, adding additional rendering threads in GSDX Software mode increases performance for multi-core systems. I would suggest setting the number of rendering threads to be 1 less than the number of cores your system has. So for a Quad-core set it to 3, for a Hexa-Core try 5.

Thanks

Um for the svn how can I add it without losing my files?

Thanks
    EP Points

You mean without losing your memory card save?
    Just copy the meory card to the memcard folder of the svn.