Page 73 of 270 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 4038

Thread: The Whine-out: Because you cried for it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    Damn, I shouldn't have started looking into NES cart/ROM revision variants. It's making me look through my doubles to double-check to see if I have any variants. Already discovered both of my Zelda gold 3-crew carts have slightly different front labels and completely different back labels.
    Oh fuck, I never even thought about those.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    We're renowned for our humour.

And I'm a bit of an exception on the intelligence front. They aren't all as amazing as I am. Which is somewhat of a good thing. If we were, we'd be running the world. And Newfies just can't handle that shit.
    I really want to try and track down a few good examples of a stereotypical Newfie on Youtube, but I'm afraid of what's out there.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Oh fuck, I never even thought about those.
    Heheh, just looked and noticed my SMB2 "double" has a slightly different label than it's counterpart. One has the seal of quality and the other doesn't. So there's two so far that aren't truly doubles. Still going through my doubles currently, so there may be more.

Not to mention all of the 3/5 screw variants. As well as ROM revisions.

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Oh Wyrm, you child molester.

Work time.

Thanks
    EP Points

http://animalinyou.com/test.php
    weee posting this for no fucking reason.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    And I'm a bit of an exception on the intelligence front. They aren't all as amazing as I am. Which is somewhat of a good thing. If we were, we'd be running the world. And Newfies just can't handle that shit.
    lul.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Finished going through my doubles. Found 3 more pairs of variant carts.

Metal Gear:
    One has an oval seal on the front. A tell-tale Konami/Ultra printed "24" on the top-left of the back label. On the bottom of the back label it reads "(C)(M)Nintendo(R) 1985".

The other copy has the circular seal on the front. A stamped "19" on the upper-left of the back label. Which is unusual for a Konami/Ultra cart. On the bottom of the back label it reads "(M)Nintendo(R)".

Metroid:
    One has an oval seal on the front. On the bottom of the back label it reads "(C)(M)Nintendo(R) 1985".

The other copy has the circular seal on the front. On the bottom of the back label it reads "(M)Nintendo(R)".

Kung Fu:
    One has an oval seal on the front. On the bottom of the back label it reads "(C)(M)Nintendo(R) 1985".

The other copy has the circular seal on the front. On the bottom of the back label it reads "(M)Nintendo(R)".

I can only assume that the one's with the circular seals were earlier releases, and the oval one's must have been later batches. Since it wasn't until later on that Nintendo started using the oval seal of quality. It's just weird seeing carts with the later 3-screw pattern, yet with an older-style circular seal of quality. I'm definitely going to have to keep a sharper eye out when I'm looking at NES games now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh Wyrm, you child molester.
    What? She's only 5 years younger than me...
    And fucks like a rabbit I might add.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Finished going through my doubles. Found 3 more pairs of variant carts.

Metal Gear:
    One has an oval seal on the front. A tell-tale Konami/Ultra printed "24" on the top-left of the back label. On the bottom of the back label it reads "(C)(M)Nintendo(R) 1985".

The other copy has the circular seal on the front. A stamped "19" on the upper-left of the back label. Which is unusual for a Konami/Ultra cart. On the bottom of the back label it reads "(M)Nintendo(R)".

Metroid:

Kung Fu:

I can only assume that the one's with the circular seals were earlier releases, and the oval one's must have been later batches. Since it wasn't until later on that Nintendo started using the oval seal of quality. It's just weird seeing carts with the later 3-screw pattern, yet with an older-style circular seal of quality. I'm definitely going to have to keep a sharper eye out when I'm looking at NES games now.
    Sounds to me like Nintendo was using up excess stock of pre-printed cartridges with copyright information. Notice how everything with a year in the copyright is from 1985, yet only one of those games (Kung Fu) came out in 1985. Metroid wasn't released until mid-1986, and Metal Gear was 1987. After they used up all those carts, they probably dropped the year so they didn't run into that problem again.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sounds to me like Nintendo was using up excess stock of pre-printed cartridges with copyright information. Notice how everything with a year in the copyright is from 1985, yet only one of those games (Kung Fu) came out in 1985. Metroid wasn't released until mid-1986, and Metal Gear was 1987. After they used up all those carts, they probably dropped the year so they didn't run into that problem again.
    I think it's the opposite, the one's without the "1985" are the original back labels, and the one's with 1985 are revisions. Because even Castlevania 3, a game released in 1989 has Nintendo's copyright date of 1985 on the back label.

Weird inconsistencies though, like with both my Metroid carts. The one with the circular seal is a SNROM-03 board, PRG-0, Sharp chips, has all 72-pins, and is a 3-screw case. The one with the oval seal is a SNROM-4 board, PRG-0, NEC chips, missing pins (15-20, 37, and 51-55), and is also a 3-screw case. Although the strange thing about this one is instead of security screws like most all 3-screw variants have. This one had flat-head screws in it like a 5-screw variant would. Since both of the PRG ROMS are the same in both of these there's no "A" printed on the back denoting a revision.

I popped open both SMB2's and it seems that the one without a seal is PRG-0, and the one with the seal is the revised PRG-1.

I'm going to have to pop the rest of these carts open and compare their insides. I find this stuff to be pretty interesting personally.
    Last edited by Beelzebub; 18th-July-2012 at 07:35.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Canada is on my list of places to go to and possibly never leave.
    Seriously, don't go to Newfoundland.
    2) Ray lives there.
    I wish I had gotten here before the third post. Then I could make a great comment about how you wouldn't be able to leave. Maybe throw in a little joke about a sex dungeon.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Castlevania 3, a game released in 1889
    That must be worth a king's ransom

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    That must be worth a king's ransom
    Oh yeah, oldest NES proto to-date.

Fixed.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Oh yeah, oldest NES proto to-date.

Fixed.
    Wouldn't want people to think we're older than we actually are, would we?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think it's the opposite, the one's without the "1985" are the earlier back label revisions. Because even Castlevania 3, a game released in 1989 has Nintendo's copyright date of 1985 on the back label.

Weird inconsistencies though, like with both my Metroid carts. The one with the circular seal is a SNROM-03 board, PRG-0, Sharp chips, has all 72-pins, and is a 3-screw case. The one with the oval seal is a SNROM-4 board, PRG-0, NEC chips, missing pins (15-20, 37, and 51-55), and is also a 3-screw case. Although the strange thing about this one is instead of security screws like most all 3-screw variants have. This one had flat-head screws in it like a 5-screw variant would. Since both of the PRG ROMS are the same in both of these there's no "A" printed on the back denoting a revision.

I popped open both SMB2's and it seems that the one without a seal is PRG-0, and the one with the seal is the revised REV-1.

I'm going to have to pop the rest of these carts open and compare their insides. I find this stuff to be pretty interesting personally.
    Mind = blown.