Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OUYA console

Thanks

Default OUYA console

A new game console is being made that is completely hackable:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...o-game-console

This will be the great for emulation as we should be able to hack it to play emulators without worrying about warranty or a system update that might brick it like we do with other consoles.
    Great thing is that it will only cost $100 and will have a built in dev kit so should be easy to obtain and edit.
    What do you guys think?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

First glance, I am reminded of the Pandora: a now outdated and still dev-only available handheld...but after reading through the details and specs, I am thouroughly impressed. I will have to keep it secret from the Gf, but a hundred bucks for the console and controller? Yes please!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This sound promising.

I completely agree with Jazz. If this becomes readily available,I WILL have one.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    First glance, I am reminded of the Pandora: a now outdated and still dev-only available handheld...but after reading through the details and specs, I am thouroughly impressed. I will have to keep it secret from the Gf, but a hundred bucks for the console and controller? Yes please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
    This sound promising.

I completely agree with Jazz. If this becomes readily available,I WILL have one.

Thanks

I know what I want as my birthday present now :O
    I promise not to troll you... If you surrender the cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    The world isn't going to end in 2012, the fucking internet is. Goodbye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    ... You actually think that most of the people who don't like FFVII do so because of the graphics? Really?

MIND = BLOWN

Thanks
    EP Points

Ehh, I don't know, it's ridiculously cheap, but I just love my PC a lot more. The consoles should have many quality exclusive titles to justify a buy for me.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

I don't like my PC, just because I don't have the money to buy a better gaming one. A 100$ console with a controller included sounds amazing to me.

Thanks
    EP Points

sounds like the cheapest game console in history to me though i could be wrong.

Thanks
    EP Points

While I'm not too hot on Android games, or games on my Iphone just because the longevity of these types of games isn't really there for me, outside of playing a game whilst taking a shit, I do think this system is a fantastic idea. I view it more as a big "Fuck You" to the likes of an aging company with lousy ideas (Nintendo), the "I wanna be everything" console (Microsoft) and the powerful but backwards thinking (Sony) company. There is a lot of potential here.... let's just hope that this doesn't turn into another Atari blowout since everyone and their brother will probably be making stuff for this system. At $100, I am totally in though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    Read it just now. All they had to complain about was the fact that not al games will be free. Oh no, amirite? On an android, there is aways a download and a third party installer apparently. Nuff said.

Thanks
    EP Points

seems pretty cool except for the download only part

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

I can have all Ouya gives plus a hell lot more with a bit more cash on an HTPC. Infinite Openness, countless games, modifiable hardware, etc...

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

I'm less concerned with the system and more with the obscene amount of money it's racking in.

Thanks

I really like the idea of the OUYA. But I don't think the developers will be that happy with the system.

the creators of OUYA say that the free games thing works on android and Iphone and that's true, here's why:

game +annoying ads = free
    game without ads: 1-5$

so you can get rid of the ads for 5 dollars (or by disabeling your internet, at least that works on mine )

the games on a phone aren't worth much more than 5 bucks so that's why it works. On the other hand, a 40-60 dollar console game has to have a heck of al lot of annoying ads to make me want to spend that much money to get rid of them. that or it has to be incredibly good, which then I could just as well have bouight for my PC, PS3/4, Xbox,WiiU,....

So the only way I see this working is if the games for the system will only be around the 1-10$ price range. With that in mind, you can expect that the games will be of the same quality as a phone based game. so The OUYA will be a large smartphone with a controller.

The only real advantage is for hackers, emulators and modders. I don't think neither the gamedevs nor the other consoledovs will be too happy about that.

I could be wrong though

also this:
    Penny Arcade: The OUYA: Why you should be skeptica
    Being a famous vampire rockstar sucks

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lestat2305 For This Useful Post: