Thread: pcx2 with gta san andreas issue

Thanks

Default pcx2 with gta san andreas issue

Im haveing trouble with texture blending and pop in in the gta hosted on the main site. i was wondering if anyone had any tips to get this working properly. im using gsdx 4873 (mscv 16.00 sse2) 01.16 and rendering in directx 9. i have tried a couple other plugins and all kinds of settings and i still get a transparent, like a reflection, second image on thescreen. there is also alot of texture pop in on the streets that appear to be the map textures but not sure. is this just the copy im using or can it be remedied. if not is there a better link i could score for this game. im using v3.0 from this site. thx for any help

Thanks
    EP Points

Which ISO version of the game do you have? European or North American? The European one is buggy.

If you don't know, which is your SLU number?

SLES52541 (EU)
    SLUS20946 (NA)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by midevil.chaos View Post
    Which ISO version of the game do you have? European or North American? The European one is buggy.

If you don't know, which is your SLU number?

SLES52541 (EU)
    SLUS20946 (NA)
    us version. not sure how to check slu number but the dl says usa v.3.0

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kroamdoam View Post
    us version. not sure how to check slu number but the dl says usa v.3.0
    It should be in the zipped file.

Which plugins did you try? I have a ton of them, so maybe some of them could help - maybe there are some that you don't have. Secondly, did you try changing the settings OF the graphics, OR main settings?

Secondly, which version of pcsx2 do you have?

Thanks

It should be in the zipped file.

Which plugins did you try? I have a ton of them, so maybe some of them could help - maybe there are some that you don't have. Secondly, did you try changing the settings OF the graphics, OR main settings?

Secondly, which version of pcsx2 do you have?
    this is were i got the emulator
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...IOS-Collection
    I have tried all the gs plugins. i have played with all the settings that i understand in the graphicsa options and the main settings. one thing i have noticed is there is usually and open gl plugin in emulators and this doesnt have one idk if i need one. i did also dl the usa version gta 1.03 and have the same issue. im also having issues with driv3r not showing any textures properly. balders gate and champions of norrah both only show half the screen. any tips or help would be appreciated

Thanks

also im unpacking iso's with winrar and there is only the image file when unpacked. So not sure if im doing that correctly. i tried packiso but cant seem to get it to work properly i would drag the rar files and drop them on "unpakiso" in my programs folder and a console flashes and thats the end of it so... I guess this could be one of my issues

Thanks
    EP Points

Mmm, I had similar problems with LotR. He doesn't seem to have GSdx9 (MSVC 14.00, SSE2), 0.10.0 in his list though. Do you have that one? It's a good plugin, as it gets rid of some problems. Maybe it would help?

As for the GL plugins, don't bother. Btw, did you try any Zero plugins? They're good... slow for some games, but they are reliable as far as I could tell. All of this depends on your card. But since you're using a GS, it means you have a decent pc

Nope, the img should be fine, as long as it's running and not crashing.

Thanks

Mmm, I had similar problems with LotR. He doesn't seem to have GSdx9 (MSVC 14.00, SSE2), 0.10.0 in his list though. Do you have that one? It's a good plugin, as it gets rid of some problems. Maybe it would help?

As for the GL plugins, don't bother. Btw, did you try any Zero plugins? They're good... slow for some games, but they are reliable as far as I could tell. All of this depends on your card. But since you're using a GS, it means you have a decent pc

Nope, the img should be fine, as long as it's running and not crashing.
    thx i had a feeling it might be plugin issues ill check those out and see if there is any improvements. u dont happen to have any safe links handy for those items? can the found here?

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a verrrrrrry old one. Try this link:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx

As for the newest, it should be the very last in the list (they should have done it the opposite way lol). Anyhow, I have the very first one on the list. Try that one, and if it doesn't change much, try others - there are plenty!

Btw, the one I use ACTUALLY changes shadows and stuff lol, while the newer ones don't work as well... in my opinion. I have had ZERO problems with my plugin I tried the new ones, and they gave me crap
    Last edited by midevil.chaos; 11th-July-2012 at 03:27.