Thread: gameshark.com is no more it seems

Thanks
    EP Points

Default gameshark.com is no more it seems

my bookmark to the website www.gameshark.com now redirects to http://www.madcatz.com/ for some reason and upon inspection there doesn't seem to be any cheats anywhere, rather it looks like a news website or something.

i wasn't checking it for cheats right now but this is still a surprise.

edit: was gonna check and see if i could find a new pc game controller but it looks like theres only 3 products in that section and they're all joysticks :/ i wouldn't mind that particularly for some arcade games (mame) but i was looking for the kind that resemble ps2 controllers (2 sets of L/R buttons + 2 joysticks) as i can configure those for most consoles easily.
    Last edited by treos; 9th-July-2012 at 16:34.

Thanks
    EP Points

the boards are alive, but can't see any announcement or anything on them.

Edit:
    http://store.gameshark.com/ works as well.

Maybe they're temporarily redirecting to their partner website to update their own website or something?

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

maybe, seeing as this is the first time i checked that place in a while as i usually use gscentral nowadays it might be that. aside from the redirect the lack of cheats was a alert to me as well but i suppose those can be obtained from other sources in the mean time.

Thanks

oh jeez, you scared me for a minute there DX

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks

I don't really use gameshark but the controller that's close to a PS2 controller would be the Logitech Dual Action. It has all the buttons a PS2 has but it's numbered like button 2 is X etc. It also works on the PS3 which found really when I wanted to play GT5 with a friend. I think they're pretty cheap too.
    Last edited by dman100percent; 10th-July-2012 at 03:26.

Thanks
    EP Points

yeah, my aunt found the controller earlier, looks just like a ps2 one as i wanted not sure what brand though but as long as it works its good enough for me though it better work for $31 (game tech is expensive nowadays or maybe it's because i haven't bought much over the last 2-3 years)

now that i'm thinking of it, sony actually did a good job with the dualshock controller design. on a pc i can configure the majority of console emulators to work on it as long as its the same or less amount of buttons (even the fail n64 controllers)
    Last edited by treos; 10th-July-2012 at 03:35.

Thanks
    EP Points

I can't imagine actually using gameshark.com for gameshark codes anymore; I found a long time ago that I'd find more varied cheats on unofficial websites (gamewinners used to be good).
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    yeah, my aunt found the controller earlier, looks just like a ps2 one as i wanted not sure what brand though but as long as it works its good enough for me though it better work for $31 (game tech is expensive nowadays or maybe it's because i haven't bought much over the last 2-3 years)

now that i'm thinking of it, sony actually did a good job with the dualshock controller design. on a pc i can configure the majority of console emulators to work on it as long as its the same or less amount of buttons (even the fail n64 controllers)
    its probably stupid of me to suggest this but you can also configure for the Ps3 controllers to work on PCs as well

but then again you probably knew that already

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    EP Points

the new logitech's have the buttons marked like a playstation paddle but a lot of times it comes up as numbers in games i.e. madden.

Quote Originally Posted by dman100percent View Post
    I don't really use gameshark but the controller that's close to a PS2 controller would be the Logitech Dual Action. It has all the buttons a PS2 has but it's numbered like button 2 is X etc. It also works on the PS3 which found really when I wanted to play GT5 with a friend. I think they're pretty cheap too.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    I can't imagine actually using gameshark.com for gameshark codes anymore; I found a long time ago that I'd find more varied cheats on unofficial websites (gamewinners used to be good).
    I remember gamewinners! Those were the days. This may be a dumb question but do codes even exist anymore for modern generation console games? I don't think I've used a code since the PS2 era and even then not so much. Codes were more of "everything up to N64/Ps1 era" thing for me. Probably because I was too young and bad at games to beat anything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpuzzHardwick View Post
    I remember gamewinners! Those were the days. This may be a dumb question but do codes even exist anymore for modern generation console games? I don't think I've used a code since the PS2 era and even then not so much. Codes were more of "everything up to N64/Ps1 era" thing for me. Probably because I was too young and bad at games to beat anything.
    I think since games have became more oriented to online play they have had to cut back on them.
    Last edited by 594rk; 11th-July-2012 at 23:26.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SpuzzHardwick View Post
    Codes as in gameshark/action replay or as in built-in "press etc etc button combo" codes? I've recently seen action replays for at least the DS and the PSP so actual cheat devices are definitely still around (not to mention homebrew cheat software on the PSP in particular), definitely haven't seen nearly as many games with built-in cheats though.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Yea, I miss cheat codes... it kind of sucks they are all given up. It's like GTA is one of the only series that still has them. Cheat codes are a great way to liven up a game sometimes.

Laguna: "Chill man, it's cool." -- Youtube

Thanks
    EP Points

bit behind on this thread, oh well

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    yeah, i usually go to gscentral most of the time. had to go to... it was either russian or germ, don't remember which but a foreign site for some hard to find NDS codes (worth noting i think that the remake of the snes game Front Mission for NDS as of yet has NO working action replay codes as they either just don't work or don't work AND corrupt saves)

and i didn't know that rok124, then again i don't have a ps3 to mess around with. could've used a xbox360 controller if i knew how i suppose but i'll have this controller soon enough.