Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How to burn 1.2GB Dreamcast game onto a 700mb CD-R??

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by bennett_2009 View Post
    Hi Zorlon,

i dont put this down to hardware i.e. my drive i am using for burning as i have tried 2 different drives, both of which have no issue burning anything else. In addition, my old burn of shenmue is booting just fine in this new dreamcast, so im assuming from this that its a problem with the burning process.

I have manually placed the additional files in the imgburn directory but this is producing coasters, and im having no luck with discjuggler either with all of the above mentioned. Im beginning to think that this is just not my venture lol, but ill keep you posted if i manage to rectify the problem.

Again, thanks to all for your suggestions and information
    Have you tried Alcohol 120%?

Thanks

Hey guys well Im now trying to burn Shenmue 2 but its in MDF/MDS file with it, cant get it to burn on DiscJuggler the Start button just blanks out??

any help?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GTA656 View Post
    Hey guys well Im now trying to burn Shenmue 2 but its in MDF/MDS file with it, cant get it to burn on DiscJuggler the Start button just blanks out??

any help?
    That is as Sprung pointed out an Acohol 120% image file, a format not supported by DiscJuggler nativly (Alcohol 120% is pay for software, but there are free ways to burn Alcohol type images... I will explain )

If you want to use DiscJuggler to burn it (You can), just mount the file with D-Tools lite then do a disc copy burn, i.e. drive to drive burn, or you can if you wanted to create a DiscJuggler image the same way by mounting the image in D-Tools then use DJ to create a new disc image, either way works

ImgBurn can be used in much the same way (ImgBurn if used to re-rip will output a bin+cue, but this is a special one that only ImgBurn supports because no other burning software supports multi session bin+cue format images)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-July-2012 at 16:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks so I mounted the image using D-tools lite? and im gonna try burn it
    Last edited by GTA656; 26th-July-2012 at 13:54.

Thanks

DO i burn the MDF or MDS?

thx

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Niether if you have it mounted, you just do a drive copy

If you are burning directly you always burn by the smallest file, the mds file if I remember correctly

the mdf file is the actual CD data, the mds tells the burning software what tracks are within that mdf file and the correct gaps ect otherwise you will just get a unusable data disc

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Can even get Alcohol 120 to work cos of stupid Avira antivirus

Thanks
    EP Points

Turn off the auto sandboxing mode.

Thanks

Fixed my problem! Turns out I must have had a bad combo of hardware in my main gaming tower as no burners with any combo of burning software would provide a successful burn. However, the other day I was messing about with an old Q6600 setup I have, and stuck a burner in there to try again, and voila, worked first time. So I tried with a few other burners and also tried various combos of software, all of which were successful.

So the crisis is over, I won, and am currently battering people into a pulp on Capcom vs SNK and enjoying a run through of Shenmue 2

Thanks again to all who offered their help and suggestions

I see things you people wouldnt believe...