Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good N64 emulators and plugins?

Thanks

Default Good N64 emulators and plugins?

So i already know that project 64 is a popular N64 emulator but are there any other really good N64 emulators out there? Also, is Project 64 even updated anymore? i still have Version 1.6 (i think, too lazy to look and check) Im also having trouble finding any plugins for N64 emulation. I used to hear a lot of talk about Rice plugins being the best for N64 but i ended up finding various different "rice" plugins

So what are some good plugins to use for project 64 or any other good N64 emulator? if you dont mind me asking

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rok124 View Post
    So i already know that project 64 is a popular N64 emulator but are there any other really good N64 emulators out there? Also, is Project 64 even updated anymore? i still have Version 1.6 (i think, too lazy to look and check) Im also having trouble finding any plugins for N64 emulation. I used to hear a lot of talk about Rice plugins being the best for N64 but i ended up finding various different "rice" plugins

So what are some good plugins to use for project 64 or any other good N64 emulator? if you dont mind me asking

There is a version 1.7

you can get it from the mainsite actually

http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_6...ws/Project64/2

Thanks
    EP Points

YES WE DO MIND THANK YOU VERY MUCH

In all seriousness though. I usually just use Jabo's D3D 1.6 plugin, the default one that comes with PJ64 1.6. Of all of the different "rice" plugins I've tried I've yet to find one as compatible as Jabo's (granted, with all the different versions out there it's likely I just haven't found the best one but eh).

Also as Sheras mentioned there "is" a Project64 1.7 floating around. However keep in mind it's still technically in beta and all indications point to the developers no longer working on it, but still, it does work better for some people.

As far as other good N64 emulators go I'd recommend checking out 1964, which can be found here; http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_6...indows/1964/49
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Mupen 64 and all it's new versions are nice

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware they had basically abandoned the project. I wonder why? Hmm... Oh, what's mupen64? It's an emu? I'll have to look into it. Thanks ladies and gents.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by brocklobster View Post
    Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware they had basically abandoned the project. I wonder why? Hmm... Oh, what's mupen64? It's an emu? I'll have to look into it. Thanks ladies and gents.
    Yes its another emulator

you can get a version of it from the mainsite http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo%2...tors/Windows/9

or if you want to use netplay i would go with this version http://www.mupen64k.tk/

Thanks

so are emulators like 1964 and mupen still being worked on? because i don't think project 64 has any time left before people completely forget about it =/

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

1964 is being modded, and Mupen+ is more active than Dolphin nowadays, a ton of people are working on it

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    Yes its another emulator

you can get a version of it from the mainsite http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo%2...tors/Windows/9
    Someone explain to me why they don't release their emulator with a frontend included; it makes no sense to force the user to configure the emulator using the command line.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Someone explain to me why they don't release their emulator with a frontend included; it makes no sense to force the user to configure the emulator using the command line.
    Haha dont ask.

Thanks

This mupen 64 seems just like project 64 1.7 just with the name mupen slapped on it =/

or maybe thats because i have project 64 1.7 installed?

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    EP Points

This mupen 64 seems just like project 64 1.7 just with the name mupen slapped on it =/

or maybe thats because i have project 64 1.7 installed?
    Don't know how they would be reacting with each other, that's strange. Got a link for the mupen you downloaded?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Don't know how they would be reacting with each other, that's strange. Got a link for the mupen you downloaded?
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo%2...pen64_Plus/106

i got it from the site

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I believe it is the same as PJ64, i downloaded it and when i click on the application, it launches my project 64 emulator.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    I believe it is the same as PJ64, i downloaded it and when i click on the application, it launches my project 64 emulator.
    but why is that? doesnt say Mupen when you start it?

So wheres the new mupen 64? are they just working on the now abandoned project 64?

Rewardsgaming.net