Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good N64 emulators and plugins?

Thanks

i got both and i can have both running a texture swapped OoT with everything with 0 slowdown side by side. tweaks and a USB 2.0 flash drive.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rok124 View Post
    but why is that? doesnt say Mupen when you start it?

So wheres the new mupen 64? are they just working on the now abandoned project 64?
    I cannot find a new Mupen anywhere
    May have to ask Korra where he looks.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    I believe it is the same as PJ64, i downloaded it and when i click on the application, it launches my project 64 emulator.
    This is what happens when you launch "mupen64plus-ui-console.exe"? Or are you trying to launch the included "mupen64plus.v64" (most likely associated with PJ64 by its filetype, i.e., a rom filetype)? That would explain why your PJ64 comes up; on my end launching the actual executable brings up a console display and throws an error unless I launch it with a rom.

In any case no, this package isn't just a relabeled PJ64.

Quote Originally Posted by rok124 View Post
    So wheres the new mupen 64? are they just working on the now abandoned project 64?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    I cannot find a new Mupen anywhere
    May have to ask Korra where he looks.
    I'm assuming neither of you tried google?

http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/ <--- Lists the newest version of Mupen64Plus. Granted it's only slightly more updated than what was linked here, still newer though.

As for straight Mupen64 (no plus), I found this; http://mupen64.emulation64.com/down.htm . I'll be checking this out whenever I boot into windows next.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MaslowK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    This is what happens when you launch "mupen64plus-ui-console.exe"? Or are you trying to launch the included "mupen64plus.v64" (most likely associated with PJ64 by its filetype, i.e., a rom filetype)? That would explain why your PJ64 comes up; on my end launching the actual executable brings up a console display and throws an error unless I launch it with a rom.

In any case no, this package isn't just a relabeled PJ64.
    That didnt work on mine, maybe it was the rom i used.