Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone gotten any Sega Saturn games working for the PSP emulator?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Has anyone gotten any Sega Saturn games working for the PSP emulator?

i tried a couple like megaman 8 and Shining the holy Ark but the closest i got was the Saturn logo then a bunch of white shapes

the emulator is Yabause

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    i tried a couple like megaman 8 and Shining the holy Ark but the closest i got was the Saturn logo then a bunch of white shapes

the emulator is Yabause
    Well, you've been here long enough to know the drill.

What version are you using? What version PSP? etc...

As far as I remember though, it ran like molasses if you actually did get a game running. IMO it's not really worth your time. Also I think the newest version is only optimized for the PSP slim, as it has twice as much RAM as the PSP-1001. So if you have a fat don't expect to run much.

Thanks
    EP Points

Considering the sort of specs needed to run saturn emulators on an actual computer, don't expect much from saturn emulation on the PSP.

/thread
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

didnt think i would need specs lol

PSP 2001 Daxter crystal
    M33-6 firmware
    8Gig Lexar pro duo card

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    didnt think i would need specs lol

PSP 2001 Daxter crystal
    M33-6 firmware
    8Gig Lexar pro duo card
    Again, given the state of saturn emulation on the PC it's unreasonable to expect anything better on the PSP. The saturn has a much more complicated set of hardware than most popular consoles, therefore is that much more difficult to emulate.

But by all means assume otherwise.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Yeah, you're not going to get them to run at the moment. The double RAM is a nice boost for the system, but there's not enough in the P.S.P. to run the thing. The Saturn was an interesting beast, so I don't see it successfully running on the P.S.P. any time soon, if the project is even still supported.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sorry to say, Jack, I'll have to agree with MaslowK and brocklobster. I didn't even bother with Yabause for PSP, because I figured it would be like this... just a proof-of-concept program.

SNES emulation isn't even perfect on PSP, and the Saturn requires more power to emulate. PSX only works so well because it's built into the PSP's firmware for PlayStation Store releases.

The good news is, some 3rd-party Saturn games were also released on PS1.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockstar1983 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Again, given the state of saturn emulation on the PC it's unreasonable to expect anything better on the PSP. The saturn has a much more complicated set of hardware than most popular consoles, therefore is that much more difficult to emulate.

But by all means assume otherwise.
    That is why I brought a Sega Saturn this week for $90

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dave The Man View Post
    That is why I brought a Sega Saturn this week for $90
    I see your $90 saturn and raise you my $10 one.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you wanna play Megaman 8 just get the PSx version silly.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    I see your $90 saturn and raise you my $10 one.
    Guess I'm kinda in the middle... I paid $40 for my Saturn, with 4 pads and power cord (no AV lead, but I plan to do the A/V mod, anyhow). And yes, the only reason I bought it was the fact that Saturn is VERY tough to emulate. SSF for PC comes close, but according to most sources, is not quite 100% yet.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar1983 View Post
    Guess I'm kinda in the middle... I paid $40 for my Saturn, with 4 pads and power cord (no AV lead, but I plan to do the A/V mod, anyhow). And yes, the only reason I bought it was the fact that Saturn is VERY tough to emulate. SSF for PC comes close, but according to most sources, is not quite 100% yet.
    I happened to get lucky and found mine at a thrift store with one controller and its cords, no games or anything but hell. And yeah, my computers not quite up to par for saturn emulation so I just got a real one

Thanks

Off: I paid $20 for mine and got the standard mod chip with it alongside the S-video cables, and I have a copy of Astal, arguably one of the best titles for the system.

On: Yeah, I looked into it further. They are still kind of working on the project, but it's still more of a "Hello World" rather than a functional emulator. It's even less successful than the N64 emulator for PSP, and the Saturn was more complicated in its architecture. Not to discredit the developers of the system or to discredit the devs of the Saturn emu for P.S.P., but it's a small chance in hell that it'll get going. If you value the Saturn, find one on eBay. Even beefing up your man-cave gaming-rig may not get the job done, since some really great games only run on the system as ISOs, or you have to have the REAL DISC to run it on the emu for P.C., such as Astal, which I mentioned is an amazing game for the system.
    Last edited by Necrovarium; 12th-July-2012 at 09:49.

Thanks
    EP Points

Jezz Put me to Shame Guys. I got mine off E-Bay

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
    If you wanna play Megaman 8 just get the PSx version silly.
    the PSX version is crap its incomplete, the Saturn version is the full game

also i got a saturn for FREE lol