Thread: 1964 Ultra Vast v3 won't run

Thanks

Default 1964 Ultra Vast v3 won't run

Trying to use this n64 Emulator. When I try to run it, however, it doesn't work. Nothing at all comes up (but the cursor does the spinning loading circle thing).

CPU: Intel core i5-2450m @ 2.5GHz
    8 GB Ram
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M
    Windows 7

I tried messing with the properties, like running it as administrator and trying compatibility modes, but nothing helped.

Thanks
    EP Points

This seems to load fine under both XP and Linux (using Wine) on my computer, as well as Windows 7 on my gf's computer (similar specs to yours). I did find however when scanning the zip archive using virustotal that a few separate files are picked up as "malware" (most likely false positives in this case); if you happened to have any antivirus software running while downloading the file, it may have simply deleted the "infected" files without telling you, which could cause the emulator to not run properly/at all. If this is the case maybe try temporarily disabling your AV and downloading the file again?

If you don't have an antivirus installed still try downloading it again, making sure you aren't using any "download accelerator" type programs.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Tried turning off antivirus, didn't help. And I'm not using any download accelerator programs.

Thanks
    EP Points

Strange. If redownloading it after disabling your AV didn't help I could only really recommend maybe doing a full AV scan and make sure you don't have any infections that might be interfering with 1964 loading properly, as well as checking for updated video drivers from your PC's manufacturers website.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'd recommend not using that one. It's rather glitchy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Korra View Post
    I'd recommend not using that one. It's rather glitchy.
    Yeah? I saw posts saying it was better than Project64. Though since I can't get this to work, I guess I'll have to go back to P64.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lotus gramarye View Post
    Yeah? I saw posts saying it was better than Project64. Though since I can't get this to work, I guess I'll have to go back to P64.
    1964 is better than PJ64. but the Ultrafast is really glitchy. I'd recommend checking out 1964 1.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Korra View Post
    1964 is better than PJ64. but the Ultrafast is really glitchy. I'd recommend checking out 1964 1.1
    Regular 1964 doesn't work either. Oh well. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by lotus gramarye; 5th-July-2012 at 03:00.