Thread: helpful flash game for those who've never played any of the populous games

Thanks
    EP Points

Default helpful flash game for those who've never played any of the populous games

not sure how much of the aspects this would cover out of the original games as its been quite a while since i tried playing one myself (partly due to a lack of info on how to even play, i.e. no instruction manual or guide) but i think this flash game covers the basics. heck, i think i'm around halfway or further and am getting by mainly with manipulating the elevations to expand my population real fast on each island.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/elec...plete=reprisal

behold, Reprisal, a flash game based on the old populous games bit on the easy side imo but still fun enough

Thanks
    EP Points

Ha yeah, I remember the first time I played Populous on the snes. Took me an hour just to figure out how the mana/worship system worked, let alone raising/lowering land in a way that promotes population growth.

Been playing this flash game for about twenty minutes now and it's pretty fun, the added powers are a nice touch. Only issue is the game moves along so slowly =/
    Last edited by MaslowK; 4th-July-2012 at 06:32.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

yeah but it makes for a nice tutorial for beginners. and i think i had a easier time figuring out that one populous game where you play as a greek god or some such than i did the other games in that series.

good series, not so much as far as controls being explained