Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Megaupload Kicks FBI in the teeth

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I figure that if megaupload was used as a bait of sorts... it just would not make any sense. For MANY people, megaupload was an amazing site (THE best in my opinion) for downloaders. Rather, I cannot fathom that the FBI used scare tactics. Why? With all due respect to Americans here, the FBI and CIA are probably some of the stupidest law agencies in the world. So, I have no difficulty in believing the FBI screwed up.

As for what you were saying Gezegond, remember, websites are being put up and pulled down everyday by their authors. So, other megaupload sites will pop up, with fewer restrictions than the other ones... which now suck. So, would a strategy by the FBI, enumerated by lizard, actually change how future file-sharing websites operate? Why should it? If a JUDGE herself ruled AGAINST the FBI, then they will take precautions, but not the same ones as the current websites operating at the present moment.

Thanks

Good, its about damn time this site came back up. Maybe the internets will be a more happier place for emulation peoplez such as myself

but what about the other downed sites?

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    Blog Entries

They will be back thats for sure
    Last edited by Drag; 4th-July-2012 at 00:52.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There are so many ways to get files that were essentially unaffected by this. If this was a scare tactic, it only really worked on one facet of the overall issue. After all, the torrent sites have been through this and still up and running. Pretty sure usenet was lol'ing the whole time, too.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by midevil.chaos View Post
    As for what you were saying Gezegond, remember, websites are being put up and pulled down everyday by their authors. So, other megaupload sites will pop up, with fewer restrictions than the other ones... which now suck. So, would a strategy by the FBI, enumerated by lizard, actually change how future file-sharing websites operate? Why should it? If a JUDGE herself ruled AGAINST the FBI, then they will take precautions, but not the same ones as the current websites operating at the present moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    There are so many ways to get files that were essentially unaffected by this. If this was a scare tactic, it only really worked on one facet of the overall issue. After all, the torrent sites have been through this and still up and running. Pretty sure usenet was lol'ing the whole time, too.
    Basically, a scare tactics works by "scaring away the majority" and then "crushing down the minority". Piracy is a rampant activity all around the world, so for now they will focus on "making it harder" for people to pirate. Until the majority of people are pirating, they will only go after the popular websites. Once the pirates become a minority, they can easily track them down and arrest them one by one. Piracy is like DDoS, unless everyone is doing it, it won't work. They know exactly who you are, they just can't arrest the whole world.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

Anyone have word on when exactly Megaupload will come back online, if at all?

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rok124 View Post
    Chance are if it comes back, it probably wont be in the same capacity. Most likely it will have TOS as similar, still active hosting sites.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Piracy is like DDoS, unless everyone is doing it, it won't work. They know exactly who you are, they just can't arrest the whole world.
    THIS.

Thanks

I'll accept this all as at least remotely good news.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think this is good news... i would like to see the return of many of these links

I understand the governments standpoint on this but they will never defeat piracy... its too easy to do and too wadespread to stop

Thanks

Not only that, but there are uncommon methods that are almost impossible to detect aside from packets being sent, particularly things like F.T.P. or DC++. I mean, perhaps they'll knock out the bulk of the sharing for the mainstream public that doesn't know its way around a motherboard, but people who bother to understand the technology they use will continue to do what's necessary.

Thanks
    EP Points

Misses my FTP site

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rok124 View Post
    Megaupload will be back online within 4-6 months, according to kim dotcom himself.

Thanks

Does that mean megaupload is going back online? =D

Thanks

Looking forward to it, MU was a scapegoat and so was Kim.

Sure he may have made a fuck-load of $$$ off the site but at least he is a millionaire I can respect for providing us all with such a fantastic service.

Fuck all those other millionaires that do nothing but hoard money and make the rich richer. At least MU was something FOR the people.

Looking forward to the day I see MU online again.