Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Final Fantasy VII Remake für PS3???

Thanks

Brock/Necrovarium, agree with you again after your last long post. Lots of problems with FF VII, and no we don't need a remake. IV didn't need a remake or sequel to be a great game, and neither does VII.

Back to just FF VII though, honestly... SE making this... they are only going to do it as a last resort. If something goes wrong at SE, what other way to make money than to make this game again? It doesn't even have to be well made remake, it just has to 'be' and it will sell.

Laguna: "Chill man, it's cool." -- Youtube

Thanks
    Blog Entries

So it seems like most of the FF fans wouldn't buy a remake of the VII title even if it would been released...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drag View Post
    So it seems like most of the FF fans wouldn't buy a remake of the VII title even if it would been released...
    tldr; there aren't enough hardcore FF7 fans (or even pre-FF10 fans) left compared to the rest of the market to make an FF7 remake worthwhile for Square. A remake would either piss off actual fans for being too different or alienate newer players for being too similar.

/thread
    Last edited by MaslowK; 14th-July-2012 at 04:15.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

I don't know but I see these big robots called gears everywhere.
    Thanks

Not sure if this link is legit, but I did see this about a Steam release for FF7

http://www.finalfantasyviipc.com/en

Need New Sig

Thanks

I would love it ONLY if they did a full upgrade on the game. I am talking a total remake of the models but keeping everything the same, IE the story,the world layout, the gameplay setup. and etc. I love the game but its starting to show its age and another TV upgrade and I will be playing "pixel" wars instead.

Thanks

Steven it is for real.. I just ordered it and they have cracks all over torrent sites already but when u buy it u get a authorization code for fb and steam and you can get achievments!
    Final Fantasy VII was just re-released for The PC YESTERDAY!!!
    http://www.finalfantasyviipc.com/
    no joke this is not fake

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So did you hear about that PC Port?

Seems everyone hates it due to sound issues, obnoxious bugs, DRM fuckery, messed up graphics and various other problems SE really doesn't have an excuse for.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, I was reading up on the PC port. At its mildest, I think I'll just stick with my old PS1 copy. Still works fine, and hey, I don't need a persistent internet connection to be able to play it. Whoa.

Also, from the site - who the hell needs a TRAINER program to play Final Fantasy VII? Barring the odd boss, the game really isn't hard. At all.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ivo Robotnik View Post
    Also, from the site - who the hell needs a TRAINER program to play Final Fantasy VII? Barring the odd boss, the game really isn't hard. At all.
    Those who are only playing it for the story and want to skip all the battles as fast as possible, I'm guessing. There's nothing wrong with it. Classic FF turn based battles got tedious for me as well after a while. I don't see why we should look down on that sort of thing. Just let people enjoy their games however they want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    They aren't working on it AFAIK and it's probably not gonna come out any time soon, if ever.
    Agreed. Most of the articles i've read (especially the Japanese ones) that actually due research have a sneaking suspicion that Square is keeping the plan on the back burners just incase they cant get out of the slump.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...the-franchise/
    ^ this one being my favorite, where they admit the reason they refuse to re-release it is that the fans would be expecting better work after the rerelease and they just arent willing to do it.

Thanks

The day SE does a FF VII Remake is the day they do a 'real' sequel for Chrono Trigger!

I don't know but I see these big robots called gears everywhere.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twist86 View Post
    I would love it ONLY if they did a full upgrade on the game. I am talking a total remake of the models but keeping everything the same, IE the story,the world layout, the gameplay setup. and etc. I love the game but its starting to show its age and another TV upgrade and I will be playing "pixel" wars instead.
    Yeah I saw already for good and for bad. I really wish they worked on upgrading the game when they added achievements (maybe give etch one a more interesting name as well)

They could have done better like redid the FMVs to 30FPS, improved char models to at least FF8 standards, and a few other things as well.

Need New Sig

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Those who are only playing it for the story and want to skip all the battles as fast as possible, I'm guessing. There's nothing wrong with it. Classic FF turn based battles got tedious for me as well after a while. I don't see why we should look down on that sort of thing. Just let people enjoy their games however they want.
    Even then, FF7 had a reasonably fast-paced battle system. It's not free-flowing, by any means, but it's hardly prohibitively slow. And it's still an integral part of the game, I feel it cheapens it massively to use a trainer.

That's my view, of course, and you are free to disagree.

Thanks

At least we can still choose to play them on PSP or better yet a new vita.
    oh well, sometime great things only happens a few times when people were at their prime. Looking at SquareEnix don't know if they could pull it off now?