Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII Remake für PS3???

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Aren't there modded versions of the game where you can have AERIS back in it anyways?
    Highly likely. And, of course, there's always the option of save-hacking or just hacking the game through action replay or what have you. That doesn't mean it's a very... viable option

Thanks

I'm still confused as to why the hell they felt the need to include a cheat command. Were there many players complaining about difficulty or something?

Also, regarding Aeris, there is some leftover data from when she was going to be alive in certain areas but ultimately she is dead. I hate the fact that she was perma-killed, but that was just made me want to kill Seph more and I think that was the point.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fist Of Tulkas View Post
    I'm still confused as to why the hell they felt the need to include a cheat command. Were there many players complaining about difficulty or something?
    More likely players nowadays are pussies.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    More likely players nowadays are pussies.
    Back in my day, we were given at least two CDs and walked for god knows how many miles in-game and grinded for days on end just to beat one boss... and we liked it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fist Of Tulkas View Post
    Back in my day, we were given at least two CDs and walked for god knows how many miles in-game and grinded for days on end just to beat one boss... and we liked it!
    I love you...... FF8 4 cds? yes please the more grinding the better the game was in my case although i i hated drawing the magic after the first playthough so i did cheat and had the gshark draw 100 when i did draw magic

but yeah now if they make a hard mode for the ff7 it might be worth buying but still unlikely

Thanks

It's still worth getting, I think, even though I currently have it for every system on which it is available, including the discs for the P.C. version., I might pick the downloadable version up, also. I'm still kind of on the fence about it.

Quote Originally Posted by rok124 View Post
    this

and because of this, making an FF7 remake seems completely impossible if this is the reason why they won't attempt to make one yet
    Yeah, it's an absolute pipe-dream for these guys. It's not going to happen, not by a long shot. The audience is different, less intelligent I'll argue, fickle, and wanton of the F.P.S. games, but even when FF-XIII tried to cater to that market, they failed. I e-mailed Square-Enix very angrily last week after having read this article. They know people want this game to be re-made, but one of two things is keeping them from doing it. Either they are too prideful to admit that this was the best they could do, or they are afraid that they'll ruin it if they do re-make the game. These are the ONLY TWO THINGS which would explain it.
    They could stop being a running joke in the gaming world if they were to re-make it. Their silly comments do not justify the fact that they won't re-make the game. They are fools.
    Last edited by Necrovarium; 8th-July-2012 at 01:46.

Thanks

the reason why it hasnt had a remake is because the game is not as good as any other rpg like skies of Arcadia or xenogears really the only people who like it are the people whose it was their first rpg or it was the first rpg they played on ps1 most of the people who liked it were like age 8 to 20 when they first played it which means its more about the nostalgia but it was an ok rpg

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Didn't read the rest of the thread so don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but a PC version is coming out with tweaks like improved graphics and other stuff.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by brocklobster View Post
    Either they are too prideful to admit that this was the best they could do,
    Debatable. It's as likely its popularity has to do with being the first 3D final fantasy many of us were exposed to; nostalgia is a powerful sensation.

pic related.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    Didn't read the rest of the thread so don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but a PC version is coming out with tweaks like improved graphics and other stuff.
    There's been a PC version for YEARS.

Why does no one know this?

Honestly, if what they are saying about a more popular FF is true, I don't think a remake will ever happen.

Especially if the game quality isn't stepped up a few notches.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
    There's been a PC version for YEARS.

Why does no one know this?
    One that doesn't require special patches to run on modern systems? In any case having played both the PS1 and PC versions I don't see how the PC version is better in any way; the PS1 version blows it out of the water both sound-wise and on the FMVs, without the funky bugs on newer hardware/in general. Of course there are mods available for the PC version but eh, I'll take the original incarnation thanks
    Last edited by MaslowK; 9th-July-2012 at 01:19.

Thanks

I don't see that being true at all. The first R.P.G. I ever played was The Legend of Zelda on the N.E.S., though arguably not an R.P.G., but then, failing that, I also played Phantasy Star IV, The Granstream Saga, Brain Lord, Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy VI before ever playing Final Fantasy VII. So, your theory is rather poor, and chalking something up to nostalgia merely because they played it as a child, claiming as a result it has no redeeming qualities beyond that, which does not make something nostalgic necessarily anyway, is hardly even an argument in all honesty.
    10 million + people like Final Fantasy VII. I can't say that about many other R.P.G.s besides either Zelda or the Pokémon series, the latter of which I'm embarrassed to admit.
    Note I'm not defending this because FF VII is my favorite game, because it's not. Phantasy Star IV is ultimately #1, Tales of Destiny is #2, and the Demon's Souls series is #3 and #4, and I think I could say that Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy VI even rank higher on my list than FF VII does.

Also, with numerous people buying it long after its release date to get it to 10 million sales in 15 years since its release, you're going to think that it's predominantly because it's the first we played? Nearly as many of its sales were from the Greatest Hits versions of the game, and many played FFVIII and FFIX in between VII and its re-release. It's also still one of the highest downloads on PSN, three years after its release on there. All those people only bought it for nostalgic reasons? I doubt that. Not to mention the fact that we also can't really account for the number of copies people have purchased on sites like eBay or Amazon. They cannot possibly all have been people who only purchased it because it was their first 3D Final Fantasy. Even still, I didn't like the Final Fantasy series until long after I played VII in fact. The first six months I tried playing it, I couldn't stand it compared to things like The Granstream Saga or Phantasy Star IV, both of which I absolutely loved. Also, nostalgia on the internet has seemed to have a different definition, but it doesn't mean that it has no quality or isn't worth the time of day outside the nostalgia itself. People chalk up the fact that I love the 8-bit Megaman games because of nostalgia. I never even played those until long after the N.E.S. was dead, and the only platformer I had ever played was the N.E.S. Castlevania games and Mario, the latter of which I hate now.

The fact remains that the gameplay was fun and intuitive for the time, and though the polygons of Cloud's hair and arms haven't aged well, the game is still a quality game, even if the story was a little odd.

But, we can certainly agree to disagree here. I just feel like you're writing it off simply due to the effects of nostalgia, however. The game has quality, a lot of it, especially when compared to tons of games today. Nostalgia can drive many, but that doesn't make the game shitty on any other note aside from that nostalgia. That's not how nostalgia works. Even for nostalgia, people can recognize and avoid shitty games. Just because it was part of our child-hoods doesn't mean we want to re-live it if it sucked.
    Last edited by Necrovarium; 9th-July-2012 at 09:52. Reason: I had to clarify to avoid seeming like I'm flaming anyone.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Necrovarium For This Useful Post:

Thanks

brocklobster, sir, that was an epic post. I applaud your effort and success with that post.

On topic: SE is too dumb to do anything but make more FF XIII sequels.

Laguna: "Chill man, it's cool." -- Youtube

15. The Following User Says Thank You to curryking3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Don't get me wrong, though. It has huge flaws, the story is a little weird, incredibly melodramatic in that sense, and I am certainly a fan-boy of nothing. It could be improved in my opinion, obviously, since it is not my favorite game by a long shot. The problem for Square Enix is THIS:
    They reinvent their gameplay in nearly every game since VII, for the most part, and they change it far too much; I get gameplay whiplash stuck in my cup of A.D.D. every single time I play a new FF game. The story, however, is so horribly predictable, because it is ALWAYS "save the world against x number of baddies trying to relieve all the pain or hatred in the world by killing them"; The gods forbid us to actually have some moral ambiguity. The BIG BAD's almost a staple for every game no matter what generation of consoles it has been.

However, we don't even NEED a remake of VII. Even if they did, it'd need improvements in tons of areas, also. The series should try to adopt a good story / battle system again. The imaginary free-roam is nonsense. Don't pretend that I can run away from a monster when it's still hitting me from a mile away. THAT IS BROKEN NONSENSE. This is a trademark of stupidity for XI and XII, and the F.P.S.-style controls for XIII allowing the trigger buttons to basically shoot through the grinding portions of the game; I know it's designed to appeal and ride on the coat-tails of the F.P.S. genre, because Square Enix said so themselves. If you're simply creating a shortcut for that busy work, either make it cool like Phantasy Star IV's Macro system (where character combines abilities to create new abilities, or just remove the busy work entirely. Otherwise, make grinding something that feels truly rewarding, like the materia system did, leveling your magic stones gave you more uses for certain magic and stronger spells. There were ways to make the growth easier, also, but it wasn't a direct shortcut, because there was a risk. If you equip a triple-growth weapon, you'd only have like three slots to exercise the growth of your materia. That's a good way to force players to be strategic.

Gigantic or strange weapons are a staple. That's fine, I don't care (Hell, I play Dynasty Warriors for Christ sakes); it's not worth arguing about that part, but the story is tired. I wouldn't be surprised if we ran into Galactus in the next game, seriously.

I do love the game. Claiming that nostalgia is the ONLY reason that someone would love or want to play it is not a valid argument, because new people come to the series and really like this game.
    I never said that they couldn't do better. FF VII is not a masterpiece, but neither is III, and it got a remake, neither was Baldur's Gate, and it's getting a remake. Metal Gear Solid wasn't a masterpiece, and it got a remake (though, ironically, the remake was iffy at best, and I'm not saying that because MGS1 is nostalgic for me. I never even played it until I was 18, and I'm only 24 now.)
    Finally, games get remakes all the time.

Why is the most popular in the series somehow basically untouchable (notice I didn't say best. My favorites are IV, VI, and VII)? Hell, I give it only a 7/10, and we should keep in mind- The retards at Square Enix's and their arguments are ridiculous. They remade or at least ported 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and Tactics, and I'm not mentioning HOW MANY times they've ported these games to different platforms. There simply is no justified reason to not make it. That's the bottom line to this entire thread and all the support people throw into it.

Besides, we should also keep in mind, they said they won't make one until they make a better game. That's horse-shit, too. Why? Because, unless the game is a lot like VII, they will think, "Oh, this is what gamers want. Now, we have no reason to try and go back to VII to try and remake it. Huzzah!" So, next time you see a game released by Square, don't buy it unless it actually suits what you want in a game. Follow private reviewers' opinions who approach games on a subjective level. That's how reviews should be, and that's how our opinions should be shaped. My opinion of games has always been shaped around what value it has and what it has to offer to me. If it feels like a waste of my valuable time, then it probably is.
    Last edited by Necrovarium; 9th-July-2012 at 09:51.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Necrovarium For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by dazindude View Post
    the reason why it hasnt had a remake is because the game is not as good as any other rpg like skies of Arcadia or xenogears
    Yeah, it it was only as good as Xenogears and Skies of Arcadia it would have been remade already! Just like Xenogears and Skies of Arcadia have. Oh wait.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elin For This Useful Post: