Thread: ePSXe help me with setting up

Traitorious Guest

Default ePSXe help me with setting up

I have epsxe and I need help setting it up.I've used it before,but I always have problems.I want to run games at about .5 faster then normal and have it run smoothly.I have a 900mhz TNT2 128ram comp running XP pro.On another comp it's 1.8xp mhz
    Radeon 7000 128ddr ram running 98se.Anyone help on which drivers to use and bios and how to set it up will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Well to set it up you should try going through the Wizard Guide under config. For the video plug-in i think if you had the default as nice should work fine. I recommend Pete's plug-ins for video and cdrom. For sound I see most ppl use Eternal SPU Plugin 1.30 or something like that plug-in. The cdrom plug-in I use Pete's CDR ASPI Driver 1.5 and for video I use Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.65. For the vios it depends on what games you play but Scph1001 should work for most games. If you are playing a forgeion game like Capcom vs SNK then use Scph7502. I am not to sure if those plug-in are really right because I don't have that good of a comp like yours. But thats what I use and it runs smothly for me.

Hope this helps.

Heero Yuy Guest

your TNT2 wont perform as good as R7k , some game will be slow

Thanks

Smile mm..

the bios really doesn t have a difference since u have problem initiating certain game...But I suggest u use the Petes D3D plug in...click ' faster ' use 640 x 480 ....at 16 bit and add features one by one ( testing each time off course..) and so on until u get a descent speed ..

Good luck
    [ AzarieL ]

Moonlight Guest

Default hey still havin trouble settin up epsxe?

Still havin trouble? send me a message and ill give you all the links to files and games for epsxe!

Thanks

HELOOOOOOOOOO ASH! heh my first post in emulator related hmm for fast games use ePSXe and go to the config > video then click the fast thingy and it runs good but some of the graphics go bad like in FF8 the bar that lets u attack that charges u know ... its not there and u cant see the att,draw,magic and all them..

Thanks

you have to enable "Frame Limit", 50 for PAL and 60 for NTSC. As for the magic stuff, enable "Framebuffer texture" to 2, Offscreen drawing to 4.

They are hot, aren't they??

Thanks

Yes, if you're using Pete's plug-ins, simply click on Fast. Then change Off-Screen Drawing to either 2 or 3.

iceman200550 Guest

i need help whenever im playin FFT iso right before a special attack it slows down and it gets quite annoying and when im on the world map it doesnt show anything but the location spots plz help im usng a epsxe 1.5.2 an petes plugins

Thanks

Thumbs up Look

Ur world map becomes black right??? and u jsut see something when u move the screen but as u stops becomes balck..that s a problem on the graphic plug in...use FPV on the last grapfics options and ur problem is solved ..also leave unchecked the box ' fast texture palette' ( something near that....I don t use ePSXe anymore just CVGS..) I remember that solved many problems on ugly menus...

:sunglasse
    [ AzarieL ]