Page 4 of 270 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Eye-Patch-Out: We're Flying into the Heart of Darkness! (again)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Which reminds me. I should totally buy an MP3 player or something.

Or suck it up and get a smartphone, I suppose.
    Get a Lumia 900.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Pretty much how I feel every day after work.

I really want to get back into collecting again. As much as I would love to have a CIB collection, I don't think I would be able to afford to get back into that. I sold off most of my collection when I found out my ex was pregnant, and I'm really, really regretting doing that now. I only have about 40 games left. Granted, they are all CIB, but still...

My problem is I don't like the look of a loose collection. Everything looks the same, it doesn't have the vibrant colours of a CIB collection. That and the hunt of finding a game for the right price with a mint box is addictive. I'll probably get back into it again one day, but I won't ever be able to finish the collection like I had originally dreamed, unless I win the lottery. I can't really justify shelling out $40K for Stadium Events.

I will also never be a sealed game collector. If I happen to find one at a good price I might nab it, but I will never go out of my way to pick 'em up.

The NES is my all time favourite platform. It's the only console I would ever consider seriously collecting for.
    I really do love the NES, it's what got me into collecting. Although I really have a special place in my heart for the Sega Genesis. I would love to have a decent CIB collection for it. On the plus side since a good majority of Genesis games were plastic cases. It's much more common to find them CIB, and generally cheaper than most. Of course you have your rarities, but nothing that comes close to a Stadium Events/NWC/NCC for the NES. I mainly want to start by working toward a complete RPG collection for the Genesis CIB, as my first goal.

I think I have maybe 6 sealed video games total. Like you said, I just picked them up when I had a good opportunity.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel_Roxas View Post
    Just finished up my drawing of Simon from Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann. <3 Definitely one of my favorite drawings ever done.
    Who are you?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm usually way too critical of my own drawings. It's not uncommon for me to get over halfway with a drawing. Not like it and just scrap the whole damn thing.

Post your drawing and prepare for harsh criticism!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Damn you Nintendo!

Nintendo's releasing a 3DS LL that's 90% bigger than the original. It's supposed to be coming out Aug 19, for US$199.

Source

I bought mine only a few months ago for $170, I knew I should've waited. :/
    Last edited by Beelzebub; 22nd-June-2012 at 06:56.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    I really do love the NES, it's what got me into collecting. Although I really have a special place in my heart for the Sega Genesis. I would love to have a decent CIB collection for it. On the plus side since a good majority of Genesis games were plastic cases. It's much more common to find them CIB, and generally cheaper than most. Of course you have your rarities, but nothing that comes close to a Stadium Events/NWC/NCC for the NES. I mainly want to start by working toward a complete RPG collection for the Genesis CIB, as my first goal.

I think I have maybe 6 sealed video games total. Like you said, I just picked them up when I had a good opportunity.
    The only sealed game I ever had was Kirby's Adventure. Otherwise, the $200+ price tag on most of those games was enough of a deterrent for me.

The great thing about collecting Genesis games is when you do find them with their boxes, they are usually in great shape, at least comparative to NES games of the same age. Even if the cases were somewhat mishandled in their time, they don't fray and tear the same as any of the NES/SNES boxes did. There were a couple games in my collection that were in pretty rough shape around the edges/flaps.

If I ever did try and build a complete CIB collection, it would only be officially released titles at first. That gives me a couple of benefits -- I don't have to try and track down Bubble Bath Babes/Hot Shots/Peek-A-Boo Poker and the rarer Tengen titles, and I don't have to try and grab those multicarts that quickly skyrocket in price, like Myriad 6-in-1, or the rare tournament carts, like NWC or NCC. (Which reminds me, a gray NWC cart is on eBay right now for $17K).

Once I get a complete officially licensed collection, I'll move onto unlicensed games. Which I'll probably have a good helping of anyways thanks to lot auctions.

Thanks
    EP Points

A 3DS XL. How am I not surprised?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rasgrez View Post
    Get a Lumia 900.
    Those look pretty cool. Maybe once the price goes down a bit. I'm really stingy when it comes to buying... pretty much anything but video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasgrez View Post
    A 3DS XL. How am I not surprised?
    If there's anything I learned after buying my DSi XL, it's that you should never buy an XL.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If there's anything I learned after buying my DSi XL, it's that you should never buy an XL.
    Why not?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Why not?
    Not sure if they'll do the same thing as they did with the DS, but they didn't change the size of the buttons to an appropriate size for the handheld. So you had these tiny buttons on this rather large device that just didn't feel right. On most of the games, the graphics seemed toget worse because of the stretching to fit the screen, and the handheld itself was just a bit too unwieldy because of the added weight. I think I would have been much happier and gotten more use out of my DS if it wasn't for those issues. I could really only play for 30-45 minutes at a time before it started to get a bit too cumbersome and I had to put it down and rest.

Ergonomically, not the greatest setup.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wow, there are a lot of typos in that last post. I think I need to go to bed.

Night guys.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not sure if they'll do the same thing as they did with the DS, but they didn't change the size of the buttons to an appropriate size for the handheld. So you had these tiny buttons on this rather large device that just didn't feel right. On most of the games, the graphics seemed toget worse because of the stretching to fit the screen, and the handheld itself was just a bit too unwieldy because of the added weight. I think I would have been much happier and gotten more use out of my DS if it wasn't for those issues. I could really only play for 30-45 minutes at a time before it started to get a bit too cumbersome and I had to put it down and rest.

Ergonomically, not the greatest setup.
    I guess we'll see with this new one. It's not like I'll run out and buy one. I still rock my original fat DS, that one is perfect in my hands.

Night guys.
    Good night man.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think I might go wind down and go to sleep soon too. Talk to you guys later.

Thanks

Yep new post

Thanks
    EP Points

Night guys.
    I think I might go wind down and go to sleep soon too. Talk to you guys later.
    Goodnight.