Thread: 2 questions DS crc and psx img conversion

Thanks

Default 2 questions DS crc and psx img conversion

Ok so I have two questions and really did not want to create two post for two short questions. So here goes.

1. I am collecting nds roms and am going off of no-intro dat-o-matic dat files thru cmpro. I got alot of My roms from here and am having a real hard time finding the exact crc match of alot of games. Like 007 - quantum of solace. does anyone know a source or do I just have to edit My dat files to the crc of the roms I can find. Are these still good dumps just not the exact ones on this list?

2. I have been working on converting playstation 1 mdf/mds and img files to bin/cue files for xebra using imgburn. On some games when I do the conversion I am getting I/O errors (Illegal mode for this track) but if I just hit ignore it writes the file and I can run the image. The question is will this effect the rom? Will I get to a certain part and the game quit or is it just copy protection and not a big deal. Even if they work on emulators if I burn them later on will these new conversions work?

edit: Sorry forgot this was in the nintendo forum when I asked about the psx. If no replies on the psx info I will post in the right area. thanks
    Thank you for your time and information in advance.
    Last edited by devilchi; 21st-June-2012 at 14:17.

Thanks
    EP Points

1-I don't know

2-Have you tried using Daemon Tools? It sets up a virtual drive in which you can mount the mdf/mds or img images, and you can then use imgburn to create images from the virtual drive.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

Thats what I been doing. I use Daemon tools pro to mount to a scsi virtual drive then use imgburn "create image from disk". Thats how I am getting the I/O errors (Illegal mode for this track). I think its copy protection. The unreadable track areas. But if I make it into a bin/cue will I still be able to burn it and run it on My psx later down the road. My old psx broke so Im replacing it so dont have it to test atm. I dont think it matters for the emulator. But I may be wrong and hoping someone that knows more can fill Me in. Thanks for the fast reply gezegond

Thanks
    EP Points

Use IsoBuster to create images. It has several different modes for image dumping and it's what I primarily use for creating disk images.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって