Thread: SNES ROM 'packages' - ?? Please, HELP!

Thanks

Default SNES ROM 'packages' - ?? Please, HELP!

Yikes...has it really been THAT long since I posted here? Cripes....

Anyhow, I'd needing (pretty please!) to know if there are such things as 'lump packages' available, when it comes to roms? Sorry, as always, for my LACK of 'tech jargon'. I'm wanting to be able to download a grouping of SNES roms, rather than having to click-on and download EACH individual one...am I making sense, or? What I'm after, really, are pretty much the 'greats of the greats' ; Marios, Zeldas, Punch-Out, Castlevania, etc...etc..

Also, the SNES emulator that we have been using on our various DS systems seems to be flawed in some way...50% of the games either dont run correctly, have weird blips and pops, or dont even load at ALL! What gives? (Not sure which emu we are using, but it says something about "tenth anniversary" something or other on the load screen...)

Also wouldnt mind learning how to play games for other formats via the DS....

Hellos and handshakes to Kouen, Zorlon, Cookie, and every OTHER decent sort that has helped us thus far - we wouldnt be enjoying the awesomeness on a daily basis, if not for you guys. (And girls!)

Thanks
    EP Points

Are these what you're looking for?
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Complete_R..._2.04%29/96333
    http://www.emuparadise.me/roms/olddo....php?&snesset1
    http://www.emuparadise.me/roms/olddo....php?&snesset2

'greats of the greats' varies from one person to another depending on their tastes, so I don't think such a romset would be available.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

Thanks, Geze. Yes, those are sort of what I'm after....a bit less games per set though, maybe? Also, those links seem to be 'broken' for me, cant get them to show up - ?

What about GOOD SNES emulators? I wonder if the one we are using is crappy...most of the roms are flawed in one way or another...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GradyWilson View Post
    Also, those links seem to be 'broken' for me, cant get them to show up - ?
    Strange, they're working for me. Go to emuparadise main website, on the left click on "ROMs, ISOs, & Games" and romsets are available under "Other" section.

What about GOOD SNES emulators? I wonder if the one we are using is crappy...most of the roms are flawed in one way or another...
    I didn't fully understand you in your first post, are you trying to emulate SNES on Nintendo DS or on computer? If you're using computers then you should use ZSNES, as for NDS emulators, I'm not sure if there is any emulator that has no issues whatsoever since my PSP has problems running some games, but SnemulDS seems like a good bet (Haven't tested it). Other emulators are also available here. What are you using now?

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

We're currently using SnemulDS. I just tried to download the pack, but the CAPTCHA code isn't showing up. Anyone else having this trouble? Anyone else know what I can do to remedy this?
    Thanks!

Thanks
    EP Points

the CAPTCHA code isn't showing up.
    Strange, it's working for me. Post a new thread in this section and the admins will help you.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

I use zsnesw. It's a good emulator. In the forums section, in the emuporium section, there's a upload services area. Go to the misc. part. There's a thread called No-intro roms. In it there packages to download games for different systems. Snes gaes are in there. I will warn you though, I downloaded the nes one, and I got over 2,000 games.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If your into torrenting you can go to the bittorrent tracker off of the main site.

http://bt.emuparadise.org:6969/index...ry=21&active=1

Thanks

Apparently, the Wal-Marts around here are offering the little Micro SD chips @ $4 for an 8 GB, so we will be doing a 'ROM Exodus' pretty soon. (YAY!!)
    Was thinking of doing some sort of 'color coded' thing with the chips, (as in, BLUE for Genesis, RED for SNES, etc...etc..) but the damned things are so TINY...any ideas how to pull this off/organize?
    Still, after a year or more in this scene, it blows my mind that I am able to put a system's ENTIRE library on a chip the size of my pinkie nail...unreal...what an age to live in! You must remember: I am from the generation that saved-up and scrimped to buy NES/2600 games @ $19.99-$49.99 a pop! One summer when I was 14 or so, I mowed yards and busted my ass for WEEKS to be able to buy, of all things, Faxanadu for NES....heh....might sound corny/pathetic now, but man it felt GREAT to be able to ask that (miserable old prick) teller to please get the game for me from the locked case. I felt like the richest kid in the city, heh.

Thanks
    EP Points

Anyhow, I'd needing (pretty please!) to know if there are such things as 'lump packages' available, when it comes to roms? Sorry, as always, for my LACK of 'tech jargon'. I'm wanting to be able to download a grouping of SNES roms, rather than having to click-on and download EACH individual one...am I making sense, or? What I'm after, really, are pretty much the 'greats of the greats' ; Marios, Zeldas, Punch-Out, Castlevania, etc...etc..
    There are no such sets here on Emuparadise. As has been mentioned, that's a subjective thing. We have the full sets (the Goodsets that were already linked) and a few batches that are grouped, usually based on release order, and that's about it.

Also, the SNES emulator that we have been using on our various DS systems seems to be flawed in some way...50% of the games either dont run correctly, have weird blips and pops, or dont even load at ALL! What gives? (Not sure which emu we are using, but it says something about "tenth anniversary" something or other on the load screen...)
    That's par for the course. Most flash carts don't have the hardware to fully support SNES emulation, and none of them can perfectly utilize the DS's hardware for homebrew, so issues while emulating other systems is just something you'll have to learn to live with if you want to play them on the DS. You could try getting a Slot 2 card to add extra resources, or a Supercard DSTWO since it has a built in CPU and its own proprietary SNES emulator, but those are both approaches that cost additional cash and may or may not fix the problems.

Also wouldnt mind learning how to play games for other formats via the DS....
    Clarification here? Like... NES? or GBA? or zipped DS roms?
    Last edited by Colamisu; 26th-June-2012 at 12:34.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah don't but the cheap ones, they don't have the right performance for emulation. Getting a high capacity high performance card is better than getting several low capacity low performance cards.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって