Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ReviveDC Project Releases (DEAD LINKS)

Thanks
    EP Points

ReviveDC Project Presents…
    Crazy Taxi (NTSC-U)

This isn't a really exciting or terribly unique release, but it is a fun one. Who hasn't spent hours playing Crazy Taxi on some console? This is an excellent arcade-style game, with an excellent soundtrack. I feel like it might not be crazy to call it the Out Run of our generation.. if you're younger, anyhow. Not an old ass man like atreyu. He knows he's my bro, don't worry, he'll get over it.

Like the game? Thank the people who worked on it!
    Cracked by: comradesnarky
    Art by: irvgotti452

Download at JumboFiles
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. NFO (Click the <--> button for proper display)

Cover Previews (Included with game)
    DVD Sleeve

NTSC-U Black

NTSC-U White
    Last edited by comradesnarky; 27th-July-2012 at 08:20.

Thanks
    EP Points

Jumbo Files are not working

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Many thanks for all the shares comradesnarky

Edit: and all the work you've done

Quote Originally Posted by Dave The Man View Post
    Jumbo Files are not working
    They've been fine for me, resume is working too
    Although there may have been a dead link there somewhere ........anyway, all the ReviveDC releases are listed elsewhere with another ddl option
    Last edited by deadlegion; 28th-July-2012 at 13:55.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think one or two games have gone down. It'll be easier for me to check and re-upload once all of the releases are at JumboFiles. As it is now I have to sift through what's actually been upped and check the games one by one.

Thanks
    EP Points

Capcom Taisen Fan Disc (NTSC-J)

Well you saw this coming right? I mean we have done all the Capcom VS SNK games so far except for the Japanese variant of the original and the only thing stopping me from doing that is the fact the disc I won will not dump so till then I have ripped this nice "Fan Disc" Capcom gave out with pre-orders of Capcom vs SNK 2. If you don't know what this disc is I will help, it contains a bunch of video's of Pro's playing games from the series that can be viewed when copied from the disc to VMU, the user then inserts any of the Capcom vs SNK games (we have ripped them for you already) and under options one can view the sweet fighting action. It also contains saves for most all Capcom games except Biohazard if memory serves me correctly. Anyhow a nice addtion to any Capcom/Dreamcast fans library. More to come as we aren't even close to hangin up our Dreamcast just yet and release 100 is just around the corner.

PLEASE READ
    There was a English version of this disc released by the DC Fishing Crew some years back, if I can figure out how they did this as there never was a patch avalible just a pre-patched verison. Anyhow if I can sort this I will be releasing an English translation of this disc as well but for the time being it is easy enough to navigate till then.

Ripped and cracked by: atreyu187
    Art by: Hardak

Download at JumboFiles
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. NFO (Click the <--> button for proper display)

DVD Sleeve

NTSC-U Black

NTSC-U White

Thanks
    EP Points

Ferrari F355 Challenge (NTSC-U)

So here we are back from our little break to flood your Dreamcast with quite a few new games to make up for our time off due to loss of family by two of our members here at RDC. This time we have help from our newest member Hardak. He has play tested this release from front to back as well as getting some artwork for this title as well. Any true sega fan will love this as it is the product of AM2 and Yu Suzuki, a true asset to what the Dreamcast can accomplish. There is a good description on wiki so I will get a little help from them for those that aren't familiar with this Sega title.

Ferrari F355 Challenge is a racing video game based on the actual race car and Ferrari event. It was developed by the AM2 division of Sega for arcades under supervision of producer Yu Suzuki, and was later ported to the Dreamcast. The only model of car featured in the game is the Ferrari F355 Challenge model. Some versions of the arcade cabinet are noteworthy for having three screens, allowing the player to look through the side windows as they would in a real car. The 3-screen cabinet version also features an H-shaped gear stick and 3 foot pedals, and presents a tough challenge to any player who decides to use them. The cabinet itself actually comprises 4 NAOMI units. One for each of the 3 screens and one to sync them all. The game also allows the player to use an automatic transmission or paddle-shift the gears. The Dreamcast version has link cable play for direct competition, however as of Jan. 2006, the online servers for F355 Challenge are now offline, and the website has gone offline. The game features an original soundtrack featuring Genki Hitomi that mimics the style of 1980s hard rock/heavy metal which is integrated into a radio station format during gameplay. The radio DJ (and the announcer) goes by the name of Alan J (the Voice).

Yu Suzuki is a keen Ferrari enthusiast who allegedly used data from his own Ferrari 355 at certain tracks to help with the game.

comradesnarky's note: This game is a really accurate driving experience. Highly recommended for those with a racing wheel. Also, the artwork; you'll probably notice the CD sleeves aren't exactly retail like they typically are. That's because Hardak came up with some damn good art for it, and I just couldn't say no, do it retail. So, enjoy it!

Game by: atreyu187

Download at JumboFiles
    Download Links:

DVD Sleeve

NTSC-U Black

NTSC-U White

Thanks
    EP Points

Resident Evil 2 (NTSC-U)

Here's a classic game, Resident Evil 2. This is a Windows CE port of the PC version of the game, so the character models are MUCH nicer than those found in the PSX version. Anyhow, protection on this game consisted of two duplicates of a file called ROOMCUT.BIN. OVERRiDE simply deleted the duplicates and edited the EXE (this has an EXE since it uses CE) to refer only to ROOMCUT.BIN instead of the duplicates. Of course there's nothing wrong with that because it works completely fine, but my personal ripping philosophy is that the files should be as untouched as possible. So, instead of deleting them and editing the EXE, I simply hard linked the files to save about 150mb of space so the game would fit comfortably on a 700mb disc. DCRes did a PAL release of this game, and in his NFO he mentions that the game constantly refers to the start of the data session. I noticed in the sort order that the EXE for the game was in that position, so I simply moved it out to be next to the game's boot file, so this problem isn't present either. So, with all that done, there's nothing ripped or downsampled from the game. Everything is untouched and as it would be on the original disc. If somehow you've managed to avoid this game despite it being one of the biggest games on the PlayStation and subsequently being ported to every console known to man, then here's your chance to enjoy an excellent port of it.

Game and art by: comradesnarky

Download at Billion Uploads
    Download Links:

DVD Sleeve

NTSC-U Black

NTSC-U White
    Last edited by comradesnarky; 20th-August-2012 at 00:05.

Thanks
    EP Points

Omikron: The Nomad Soul (NTSC-U) (99 Minute Disc Required)

Enter the crystal-domed city of Omikron to experience a bizarre futuristic 3D-action adventure combining an engrossing storyline with exploration, combat, puzzle solving, and role-playing. Welcome to Omikron the Nomad Soul!!

~Explore a vast city in real-time 3D with hundreds of fully-animated inhabitants
    ~One of the most realistic worlds ever created for the Dreamcast
    ~Intense 3D fighting engine with over 40 motion captured combinations
    ~Experience "virtual reincarnation" and morph into one of fourty characters
    ~Soundtrack by David Bowie

I can't find where the CDDA track actually plays in this game and I have beat it quite a few times, Besides it's very short anyhow so I removed it from this game to leave space for unedited audio and video for this release. Tiny price one must pay as it is no longer a 1:1 image as the CDDA was missing but it was never used so I saw it as a fair trade this allowed me to keep the audio and video un-edited giving you the game it was meant to be played in full stereo sound unlike every other rip out there with MONO audio. Hope you like this release as there are more to come till then I hope you waste a day playing this truly different game with a fantastic soundtrack!!

Download at JumboFiles
    Download Links:

DVD Sleeve

NTSC-U Black

NTSC-U White

Thanks
    EP Points

WWF Attitude (NTSC-U)

~Now Featuring over 40 of your favorite WWF Superstars
    ~Customize your own wrestler's move sets and costume
    ~Two-man Commentary featuring Shane McMahon & Jerry "The King" Lawler
    ~First-ever create your own Pay-Per-View mode
    ~Wrestle your way to the title in all-new career mode
    ~Over 20 game modes including all new specialty matches
    ~Real life WWF entrances and theme songs

Here is another great wresting game for the Dreamcast to compliment last weeks wresting game, this takes care of the WWF series of games by ReviveDC. I also have the other ECW game ready for release next week so if you are a wresting fan time to pull off some bad arse moves and pummel your opponent, up to four of them in the comfort of your own couch with local play supporting four players. SO what are you waiting on go grab some buddies and pile drive their ass!!

Download at JumboFiles
    Download Links:

DVD Sleeve

NTSC-U Black

NTSC-U White

Thanks
    EP Points

Fighting Vipers 2 (PAL)

So here is a little revisit to some of our older work Fighting VIpers 2 but this time around it is the full retail disc with original sort order, nothing ripped or downsampled it is all there. Retains GD-ROM original layout as well and has a nice dummy file. You can use this with our BETA released a while back to find any variations between the two. This was never in the US region but this is fully English as it comes from one of my PAL disc that all hashes matched TOSEC database. The game is multi-5 language that will be set accordingly to your BIOS settings. VGA support is fully working and region free as always. Enjoy as we have many more coming your way.

Game by: atreyu187
    Art by: comradesnarky

Download at JumboFiles
    Download Links:

DVD Sleeve

NTSC-U Black

NTSC-U White

Thanks

what is this anyways? i'm sorry but i have no clue what the point of this is.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GunSlinger Boy View Post
    what is this anyways? i'm sorry but i have no clue what the point of this is.
    There's a brief explanation on the first page. TL,DR; better rips than anyone has ever done, even DCRes.

Thanks
    EP Points

Planet Web v3.0 BBA (NTSC-U)

Well what can I say about this release? Unlike others who ripped un-needed files this one has all files left in tact. This is the weakest form of protection I have ever seen and to all who tried ripping before shame on you for not using your brain. It has a lot of JPEG files that are needed and if they are removed the disc will not boot. So everyone left them alone and ripped out other games data. I myself simply looked at these "needed" JPEG files and noticed the resolution, while beautiful, was much more than the Dreamcast could possibly output, so I removed the file size check with a simple hex tool and brought the resolution down to 640X480 the maximum resolution the system could output for a complete rip with no noticeable differences after bringing down the images size as the DC was only displaying them at 640x480 anyhow. I needed this as I didn't have the disc to start dumping via BBA and don't trust too many "scene" rips so I made this as the best rip out there and will help you folks like me that like to dump GDI's over BBA and don't understand a word any of the Japanese passports say like me, so I hope you all enjoy this release.

Till next week and next crop of games I bid you farewell and happy gaming!!

Cracked by: atreyu187

Download Links:

DVD Sleeve

NTSC-U Black

NTSC-U White
    Last edited by comradesnarky; 20th-August-2012 at 02:23.

Thanks
    EP Points

Crazy Taxi 2 (NTSC-U)

Not a terribly exciting game in terms of ripping. Just dump the GDI, grab your sort, build your image and go. There's a nice huge dummy file so the game won't lag if you're hauling ass around town. Not much has changed in this game from the first one. There's a new city and you can pick up multiple passengers. There's also a jump button. Have fun!

Crazy Taxi 2 was released solely on Dreamcast early in 2001 and is part of the Crazy Taxi series. It was ported to the PSP as part of Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars in 2007.

Crazy Taxi 2 introduced several new features not found in the original, including two new cities, "Around Apple" and "Small Apple", both somewhat based on New York City. The new cities share four new drivers as default, bringing the total playable characters to eight.

Download Links:

DVD Sleeve

NTSC-U Black

NTSC-U White
    Last edited by comradesnarky; 20th-August-2012 at 02:30.

Thanks
    EP Points

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (NTSC-U)

We're back again with what is by far the best Resident Evil 3 rip available. This game is an interesting beast; there are (get your Vegeta impression ready) over 9000 files. There's a few unaccessible files in the NTSC-U version of the game. These would be the web browser and an intro with the Japanese title. These were removed to save some space since the game originally comes out to about 954mb. This saved a bit over 100mb. So, then I ran a check on all the files because you can't tell me there are no duplicates in 9000 files. Well, there were 3000 duplicates. So, hard linking all of those saved another 100 or so mb. Now we're down to roughly 754mb. Still slightly too big, so I checked out the video. Videos checked in at 320x144 with a bitrate of 4000. If you don't know your video terms, DVDs are 720x480 with an average bitrate around 4000-5000. Obviously this is completely absurd, so I downsampled the video. I used a VBR encoding with a high of 2200, mid of 1700 and low of 0 (to save space on black screens). 320x144 is such a small size for the videos that the bitrate average actually turned out lower than my desired average of 1700. The video looks identical to that on the GD-ROM, and if you can tell any difference then you need to put away the magnifying glass.

Why is this so awesome? Well, Tux's DCRes release (which I'm sure a lot of you were thinking was the best) didn't link the files. He took Echelon's audio which had been mono'd (timestamp on files: 2000) and then actually downsampled the video himself (timestamp: 2009). Then there was also an 85mb dummy added... I don't know what the story is on why that was done. I think this release is close enough to being perfect that a 99 minute release of this game really would be irrelevant. The video bitrate was absurd, and you can't tell the difference at all.

ReviveDC: Untouched audio, downsampled video to a reasonable degree, hard linking 3000 files improves loading
    DCRes: Mono audio from Echelon, downsampled video.

The winner should be clear.

Download Links:

DVD Sleeve

NTSC-U Black

NTSC-U White
    Last edited by comradesnarky; 20th-August-2012 at 00:25.